{'en': 'Continue using lantus?', 'es': 'Seguir usando lantus?'} Image

Continue using lantus?

DiabetesForo's profile photo   01/30/2009 2:30 a.m.

Hi, I write again in this forum to have if someone happens to me.

I am very doubtful and I want to raise a problem with insulin Lantus.

Let's see, there are people who speak very well of the Lantus insulin, I am using it but I am thinking of changing Novomix for the following reason:

If in the afternoon I want to snack and I take only one fruit, the glucose rises to 200. That is, I cannot take a little bit in the afternoon because my glucose elevates a lot.

There are people who say that with the Novomix they had to have breakfast and dinner at the same time, because the truth that I had breakfast at 8.30 and had dinner at 22.00 without problems.

In addition to the Lantus I inject insulin once again than with the Novomix and Novorapid.

I do not know what to do, whether to leave the lantus and not snack or change again to Novomix.

Does something happen to me?

Thank you!

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/30/2009 2:30 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Poeme, haven't you been told that next to the Lantus you must use the fast?
In our case my son uses both insulins and to snack you always have to put the quick.Of course, using the Lantus you will need every time you eat a novorapid.

DiabetesForo
01/30/2009 3:15 a.m.

If forgive.Little novorapid for breakfast, lunch and dinner also

DiabetesForo
01/30/2009 3:37 a.m.

I am one of those who do not want to hear about the premixes, and of which its use had me subject to a superstricked schedule with my daughter, apart from the 2 serious hypoglycemia that it had at the time.With Lantus, it was not very good, because in a small child adjust the doses of 2 in 2 (then there were no bolis that would supply 1 in 1 unit) was to go from having hyperglycemia to have hypoglycemia by little to increase or decrease the doses the doses, but to what we are going, the lantus is a basal insulin and as such should not be adjusted to counteract the rise in an intake (I say theoretically because then each one is a world), but quite the opposite.For this is the fast (Novorapid, Apidra or Humalog), as Paz says.If you want to snack you must put on the corresponding insulin to cubate the snack as you do with breakfast, food or dinner.And if one day you do not feel like snoring from it and period.I suppose that what you will not feel like will be an extra puncture and that is why between your endo and you should assess the advantages and disadvantages and decide the best for you.
Greetings.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
01/30/2009 3:50 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Hi Poeme!

As Velia tells you, the Lantus usually regulates so as not to appear before breakfast with hyper or hypoglycemia, but the rest of the day you must control the glycemia values ​​with the rapid.I was also pre -chewed before, because I didn't have others on a pen;And I assure you that the quality of life that can be able to adapt food schedules to your day to day is huge.

Just think of what Velia tells you, if you want snacks and if not, no.Only pending that little pin.Put all the terms on the balance and you will see how you end up seeing the advantages of basal insulin.

Courage this is a children's game !!and older !!;)

DiabetesForo
01/30/2009 4:33 a.m.

I have decided to continue using Lantus and Novorapid in breakfast, lunch and dinner because in the last analysis I have had good results, I have also chosen to get more insulin in lunch if I foresee a snack and if the snack is something sweet like a cake injected into thatSame fast insulin moment, even more, would be a specific puncture because I do not usually take sweets very often.

The truth is that with Lantus and Novorapid I inject once again than when I used Novomix and Novorapid, but I will opt for better quality of life and use Lantus and Novorapid, so I can also vary the hours of food taking and not worry about it andBe able to have breakfast at 8 in the morning or at 12 ...

Thank you all for answering

DiabetesForo
01/31/2009 3:38 p.m.

Poeme, you give yourself the answer I think more convenient: "a better quality of life."Good results and flexible schedule, for just one more puncture?;) For my part, as if I have to give myself 2 or 3 for wanting to take a mid -morning, the snack and get up early :))

Without so many jokes, I would not recommend raising doses at lunch, because you can try hypos.And the question is not to make a snack because they have whim.My recommendation is that you click in case of wanting to snack, it will be more accurate and less danger to you.

Greetings and continue enjoying what you want to do every day !!!

DiabetesForo
02/01/2009 4:24 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.