Leave contraceptives

tica's profile photo   04/30/2012 5:24 a.m.

Although I have already commented in the "Diabetes pregnancy" section I ask here too to see what you think

Anyone who took contraceptives and glycemia have made them crazy for not taking them?I have not taken the pill for 3 weeks and I have been in constant hypoglycemia for two days.Two nights two hypos of 45 without reason of being.I get up at 56, have breakfast much more than another day (a glass of milk with sugar and a cupcake) and put on a fast unit (I usually wear 3.5).At mid -morning, hyopglycemia, I drank half a liter of watercolors (30gr of hydrates).I get off the food to 58, I have a juice base.
I went from putting little insulin in the food (wanting) and at 3 hours I was 200, any day I would have corrected me, but I did not dare yesterday, less bad.I get to dinner at 70 !!!(And I had already lowered the basal)

Cene Pizza 50gr and put on 30gr and also ate a yougurt that would be another ration.After dinner 59. I drank a base of milk with sugar, I got off (others from what I had already lowered) the basal for the night.At 1 I woke up, I was 60. I drank a can of watercolor and I was convinced that I was going to lift me minimum to 200 and no, a beautiful 140 in the morning (I know it is high, but come on, it should have been a lotfurther)

PS: I'm not pregnant: P (in case you doubt)

tica's profile photo
tica
04/30/2012 5:24 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Hi Tica!
I have been without contraceptives for almost a year, I used the ring, and the truth is that I did not notice anything weird in the glycemia.Of course, I returned to those abundant rules is little !!!

ALG's profile photo
ALG
04/30/2012 7:24 a.m.

DM1 desde 1992
Tresiba y novorapid

In this link:
something similar was commented, but the other way around ...

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
04/30/2012 1:43 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Well, I don't know what happens to me, we start a little.Today I have eaten and put 25% less the insulin necessary for hydrates, and at two hours to 50 and down.Two glasses of juice (I never take so much) at the time at the Ikea I start finding bad 75, just in case I like a piece of chocolate cake, no insulin unit.I have reached the dinner at 128. The basal was lowered by 20%

tica's profile photo
tica
04/30/2012 3:54 p.m.

DM1 desde 1988
Bomba + Dexcom

I think that in the next few days you will stabilize.
You will have to adjust the basal (which you have already done), change the sensitivity factor and the rates of the Bolus a bit.

I believe that what happens to you is normal, if contraceptives usually create some insulin resistance it is logical that when they withdraw that resistance it disappears.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/01/2012 2:47 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Owash, if "normal" is.We already know that in diabetes these sensitivity changes are "normal."But I have been eating double for two days !!!Apart from gaining/thinning yesterday I was at night with a fatal stomach.
Tonight, to others what I had already lowered from Basal 10-15%, I have dropped 30%, at 2 a mini hypoglycemia, I have taken half juice and I have lifted to 110. As I have already been48 Lowering the basal "temporarily" today I have defined another basal depending on the corrections (in the Roche bomb it allows you up to 5 different basal) and I have passed from 19.65 to 14.2 and being conservative, which I would still haveto have lowered more.I do not dare to modify the basal that I had because I would not be surprised that in two days I would return to the previous situation ...
When I get the defined basal I will start with the Bolus sensitivity factor, now I get a "little" less and then correct with insulin or juice

tica's profile photo
tica
05/01/2012 4:44 a.m.

DM1 desde 1988
Bomba + Dexcom

The insulin continues to go down if you need, because if you are not going to make yourself so much eating ...
When you started taking it, did you have to raise insulin a lot?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/01/2012 9:51 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

He had been taking contraceptives for almost 10 years and when he started taking them he used Lantus or NPH.I do not remember whether or not I had to modify the dose.
I blame that because it is the only thing that has changed in recent days, but I don't know, it is something else.
The morning has been better, as I have the Dexcom, 3 hours after breakfast was 90 with the arrow indicating low trend and took a peach in Almibar and I have reached 120 to eat.After eating I have uploaded to 160 and now I am stable at 110.
Of course, the reliable and stomach stomach has not gone :(

tica's profile photo
tica
05/01/2012 10:52 a.m.

DM1 desde 1988
Bomba + Dexcom

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.