"Success" The first panc transplant operation

fer's profile photo   03/03/2009 4:15 a.m.

<FONT SIZE = "150"

As sources from the Regional Administration informed Europa Press, the first pancreas-riñón transplantation that is carried out in the community has already been carried out successfully, which means the implementation "with all the guarantees of a new regional programof organ transplantation and the fulfillment of one of the objectives of the legislature in this area. "

The first implant has been carried out to a natural diabetic patient from Valladolid, who had kidney failure and whose evolution is good.At the moment it is located in the ICU of the aforementioned Salamanca Center, extended and hemodynamically stable, waiting to be transferred to the plant.

The surgical intervention and the entire process around the transplant lasted about 24 hours and meant the mobilization of about fifty professionals.

The pancreas-riñón transplant entails, as explained in the statement, the extraction to the same donor of both organs, which are sent to the Salamanca welfare complex.When an organ donor can be pancreas, he must necessarily be a young donor without a history of suffering or having suffered diabetes, and also having a history of this disease.

The transplant "has been consolidated as the best therapeutic option in some selected diabetics, being able to reverse or stop the progression of the disease complications", while the pancreas-oñón transplantation has become the "best alternative" for the patient for the patientwith type I diabetes on dialysis that meets the inclusion criteria.

With the Salamanca welfare complex, there are already 13 Spanish hospitals who carry out pancreas transplant in their different combinations.

In terms of legislature objectives of the Junta de Castilla y León related to organ transplantation, only the approval of the Renal Donor Transplant Program is pending, a fact that will take place throughout this year 2009.

fer's profile photo
fer
03/03/2009 4:15 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Fer ... more information about the same news with this link:

anuski's profile photo
anuski
03/12/2009 7:16 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

The article is very interesting, but I have been stone when I read this:

He ran out of driver's bond for diabetes I, which forced him to supply insulin three times a day and connect to a dialysis machine for 25 years.He suffered a depression and "he barely left home," said his excited mother.

What is left without a diabetes card ... It seems to me that it should not be very faithful to reality ... rather it should be for dialysis, right ???

Greetings,

fer's profile photo
fer
03/13/2009 3:10 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

The periolists, Fer, the periolists.

If you have 1 baypass in the heart, a ventricular arrhythmia, you are taking antidepressants, anticoagulants, lupus ... you renew the driving license for 10 years.

If you have type 1 diabetes in the best of cases 4 years ... outrageous and that there are still satisfied associative leaders of this "achievement".

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
03/13/2009 5:09 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

It is outrageous ... Certainly, the theme of the driving license is already going from dandruff, what I miss is that they do not say that the conduction of wagons, galleys and horses is also prohibited ... because the restrictions that apply us are ofThat time.

Greetings,

fer's profile photo
fer
03/17/2009 4:48 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.