Insulin pump

DiabetesForo's profile photo   03/08/2009 1:11 p.m.

Hi, I'm Lydia, I have diabetes of 10 years ago I am the arta of so much puncture, someone could inform me about the medtronic insulin bomb and if the S.Social covers it in Spain

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
03/08/2009 1:11 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello, Lydia.
Indeed, the insulin bomb is financed by social security, but it must be your endocrine who requests it if you meet any of the requirements.
There are several brands.The Medtronic's, which is what my daughter uses, is one of her, but if they prescribe you bomb, the brand decides it, although they are all similar.
I have read you that if you have a continuous meter.Medtronic's can go with or without a meter.The normal thing is that he goes without him, because the meter, except exceptions, does not finance social security.
Anyway, the meters is still being perfected and there are many in an experimentation phase, such as Solianis that you have asked in another post.

Telling which autonomous community you are and we can better orient you on how it works to prescribe bombs.

Greetings and welcome.

DiabetesForo
03/08/2009 2:49 p.m.

Hi, Lydia.
Indeed, the insulin bomb is financed by social security, but it must be your endocrine who requests it if you meet any of the requirements.
There are several brands.The Medtronic's, which is what my daughter uses, is one of her, but if they prescribe you bomb, the brand decides it, although they are all similar.
I have read you that if you have a continuous meter.Medtronic's can go with or without a meter.The normal thing is that he goes without him, because the meter, except exceptions, does not finance social security.
Anyway, the meters is still being perfected and there are many in an experimentation phase, such as Solianis that you have asked in another post.

Telling which autonomous community you are and we can better orient you on how it works to prescribe bombs.

Greetings and welcome.

DiabetesForo
03/09/2009 6:26 a.m.

Hi Ringorrio, I have answered the message you left in the insulin pump section.
Greetings .... By the way, as Alea says, tell us where you are to see if we have data on how the issue works in your community.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
03/09/2009 1:11 p.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Hello! I tell you that in the country where I live, the insurance covers the pump and the meter, in addition to other necessary things such as measurement accessories, finance the catheters, and disinfectants, but what they do not want to pay is the anestecic cream forAvoid the pain produced by the catheter's puncture every time it is changed, which seems to me inhumanly in the case of a four -year -old patient (my daughter), however, I think the thing is fought, since the meter every time he doesHis work sends that information to the bomb, and this carries a historical monitoring of glycemia fluctuations.The idea is that upon receiving the pump the glycemia measure, she supplies the necessary dose automatically, although I think that is at the hospital while being perfected to work in real time.

I hope I have given you a fact that allows you to get meter financing.

Congorila's profile photo
Congorila
03/18/2009 2:30 p.m.

Hi Congorila ... and what country are you from?What bomb and what meter do you use? .... What anesthetic is that you are talking about?I put my daughter "hair" and it doesn't seem so inhuman, but come on, with the luck you have to finance everything I don't think it is so much effort to pay for your pocket the product, no? ...An open thread on the meter in the pump section, we would be very interested in your experience ...
Greetings

Velia's profile photo
Velia
03/19/2009 6:39 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Hello!!!I am from Córdoba Spain.I would like to know if the insulin bomb is affordable in this province for social security.What requirements must be met?Thank you.

1974antonio's profile photo
1974antonio
02/14/2018 10:22 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.