Another new: diabetes from 12 and now with 38

DiabetesForo's profile photo   05/04/2012 1:19 p.m.

Hello everyone.I finally encourage myself to start.As I said in the title, I am an insulin diabetic since 12 and now I am by 38, so I have good experience since I started small and here you have me.So, above all, I want to give a lot of encouragement and hope to all who are now children.Do not worry: you can make totally normal life and it is possible to eat everything, knowing how to eat and exercise.If I have been able, anyone can.So courage for everyone !!!!!!!!If I can help in something, especially the kids/parents, here you have me.
As an additional comment, the endocrine has told me that we now have new devices that calculate the issue of sensitivity factor and others.Does anyone use it/used?Do you have any additional utility to what we already know how to calculate without a little machine?

greetings!!!!

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/04/2012 1:19 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Welcome to the forum

I guess you will refer to the new Abbott glucometer, Insulinx, what helps is to calculate the insulin dose to put in each meal based on the sensitivity factor.
And it has a touch screen.

The rest is normal.

DiabetesForo
05/04/2012 4:01 p.m.

Welcome Mloureiro ... I don't have diabetes but if my son has it, he has 5 and almost two with diabetes 1 ...

carmen ferradas's profile photo
carmen ferradas
05/04/2012 5:43 p.m.

Hi Mloureiro.
I think the device is the one that will give me nothing.So as soon as I do the workshop, put myself up to date and see how I go, I will tell you.According to what they have told me, it should not be new, new ... or they have told me that so that I do not think they are going to experience with me..Jajajajaha. But for everything that facilitates life, it does not harm us and does not harmI volunteer :-).
It must be part of the current pump system.Because of the little they told me for now and what I have understood ... that I am a novatilla in this not a year, so I cannot explain very well.
Please ... q is useful that neurons merge against both rations ... hehe.
Health

Nisa's profile photo
Nisa
05/04/2012 6:16 p.m.

Welcome to the forum !!: D

ALG's profile photo
ALG
05/05/2012 9:17 a.m.

DM1 desde 1992
Tresiba y novorapid

Welcome to the forum !!!
Surely with your experience you help us a lot
Greetingsssss

anabeg's profile photo
anabeg
05/05/2012 12:28 p.m.

Welcome, you will surely contribute your experience.

Melchor Cayuela Garcia's profile photo
Melchor Cayuela Garcia
02/20/2021 9:40 p.m.

Hello,
Here a child of almost 10 years with debut from 1 month ago ... thanks for the spirits!
greetings,

Nuka

nuka's profile photo
nuka
02/25/2021 6:42 p.m.

Hijo de 10 años con DT1 desde enero de 2021
Humalog y Abasaglar (noche)
Primera HbA1c tras el debut de 5,8% (Mayo 2021)
Freestyle Libre 2

nuka said:
hello, Hello,
Here a child of almost 10 years with debut from 1 month ago ... thanks for the spirits!
greetings,

Nuka

My mood.I know how bad the mothers pass it.Mine had no idea of ​​everything that would mean, and we did very well (excellent I would say) with the few media then: the blood reactive strip was due to colorimetry to the exact twentieths, because otherwise I still took color and color andIt would seem that you were all the time in 300 or to know ...

My advice to mothers (knowing how hard it is): try not to "restrict" the activity of the child.My mother did not leave me or did not like to go by bike.I did it with water boats and dissolved sugar and several sugar in my pocket.It is a matter of learning.Of course, nothing to launch beast and make 3 hours the first day.Little by little and seeing the reaction.But this is worth everything: football, basketball, any sport.The important thing is routine and children for that are great.Then they see progress and benefits in a routine adhere to it.They will even see that if they exercise and lower them they can take something "rich" (although it is desirable to avoid it, and take an apple or similar, healthy life).

In case it is mood: I started at 12 years.After 35 years as a diabetic, I am better than ever.No complication, I exercise daily, I go on a road bike, I run 5-10 kms at a good pace ... and if I want to eat an ice cream, I tell it and how, and I punish what is necessary.I mean: without excesses, we are able to control it.Once a doctor told me that the diabetic were "smarter."It really referred to what we grow with this and we are more adaptable and responsible.Therefore, diabetic education is so important and that one can fend for himself.You have to teach the child how to manage, the symptoms, learn to count HC and calculate the necessary insulin ... now I see it as something natural.And besides: we make super healthy life with super healthy food ....

cheer up

hugs
M

DiabetesForo
09/03/2021 7:38 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.