Possibility of diabetes (low glucose values)

scar's profile photo   04/15/2009 12:08 p.m.

Hello everyone

I have noticed that in the last 2 or 3 years, the blood tests give me glucose values ​​of 70 or 71, when the limits in my autonomous community are 70 to 110. I do not know whether to have a glucose value solow is diabetes indicator.The fact is that I have suspected that I can suffer diabetes, since I tolerate alcohol - even in very small amounts - and I usually be thirsty ...

I don't know if someone can clarify the doubt.My doctor says that while glucose values ​​are within the limits, there is nothing.

Another thing: I am very thin and eat what eats nothing.I don't know if it is a subject of my metabolism or if diabetes can have something to do.

Greetings to all

scar's profile photo
scar
04/15/2009 12:08 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello, Scar.
In principle, low glucose values ​​are not indicative of diabetes, and less if they are within normal ranges.
There are people who usually have a tendency to hypoglycemia without being diabetic.There is even a "disease" called reactive hypoglycemia ", which is almost the opposite of diabetes, because the organism segregates abnormally high dose of insulin by ingesting hydrates.

In any case, it is the doctor who must value your figures, but in principle I do not see diabetes symptoms.

The thinness is, possibly, a issue of metabolism, or your own Constitution.
Viewer your doctor and make you the necessary analytics or tests for you to leave doubts.

Greetings

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
04/15/2009 2:25 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.