What does the feet wound mean?And more

juanjo's profile photo   04/17/2009 11:35 a.m.

1-I have read that if you have wounds on the feet that heal you in the hospital because they can carry many problems, why?What do you mean?,
2-I have read that it is a symptom of diabetes to have dry hands, why?What to do?I have them.
3-I love to eat fruit, I had never eaten so since I am diabetic (lately I have eaten half an apples field and another means of pears), but what about strawberries?I know the banana has to be small, what are the most advisable fruits?
4- Regarding the cold cuts (to a large extent, of course) which are the most advisable?
Thank you for your collaboration, as soon as possible I will try to contribute something to the forum, for the moment I am in an apprentice phase and trying to assimilate everything;)

juanjo's profile photo
juanjo
04/17/2009 11:35 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi, Juanjo.
I will try to answer your questions one by one.

1- The feet in diabetics are especially delicate.There may be greater insensitivity and it is easier than a simple wounds to transform into a problem if it does not cure properly.In general it is recommended to wear comfortable footwear and seamless socks.Avoid chafing, high heels and walk barefoot.Wash with neutral soap and dry well between the fingers.Hydrate with cream, neutrogenic type feet or similar, executo between the fingers.

2- Dry skin can be due to bad hydration.Simply ensure that the controls are going well and hydrate with adequate creams.

3- The fruit is very good, Simplemente you have to know the glycemic index (amount of hydrates per 100 grs that each food has) and take it into account when eating it to adapt the insulin.There are fruits with a high glycemic index, such as bananas, grapes, figs, etc., and others with bass, such as strawberries, melon, pineapple ...
In Generla it is preferable to take it whole than in juice, and the more mature, the more sugar goes up.I pass a food table, so you can see the hydrates of each food:

4- The cold cuts: Iberians are preferable to others.The least fatty preferable (serrano ham, york, turkey breast, loin, etc.) to the most fatty (sausages, sausage, etc.) and watch that they do not carry stoods or sugars (they usually have dextrose, or lactose, etc., which can riseglycemia if they are not taken into account when calculating)

As a summary, you can eat practically everything, even sweet, you will do it telling the hydrates and calculating insulin, and that little advisable foods (sweets, rich in fats, etc.) commas in moderation and not usually.

In the last, do not hurry, within anything you will be advising the new ones, you will see it.

Greetings

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
04/17/2009 12:30 p.m.

The fats are metabolized much later, hence they are not very advisable ... especially in the case of using ultra -stroke insulin (if this insulin lasts 3 hours and the food is metabolized in 4 ... we have a problem).

I fervently recommend the website that Alea has linked ... It should be our head consultation website.

Courage, it is best to have interest and some concern for what affects you only that way you can have enough motivation to take care of yourself.
Although this is long, endless, so better to be an ant than cicada, the more good hemoglobins we save better we will pass the "winter"

Salu2

DiabetesForo
04/20/2009 7:12 a.m.

Well it seems that what I have written this morning have erased it, I see that they have changed the forum format.Thanks for your answers, I have taken a look at the food page, it seems quite complete (I have added it to favorites) I would like to ask you about how to prick the lantus, -Is it true that it is not advisable to click on the stomach?Why? - What are the correct or advisable measures of we have?

juanjo's profile photo
juanjo
04/20/2009 3:44 p.m.

Juanjo, had responded before, but, indeed, with the change messages have been erased.
He told you that the stomach (better the gut) is a rapid absorption zone, and, therefore, is more indicated for fast action insulins (Humalog, Novorapid or Apidra).The arms are an intermediate zone, by when an absorption is required neither very fast nor very slow.The Lantus, like the rest of the slow ones, is better to apply them on the thighs or in the buttocks, because their absorption is slower.

As for Hemo, the ideal is between 5 and 6.5, although there are 7 or little more that are not necessarily bad.Of course, a stability is preferable to a 5 -based hypoglycemia.I spend another link on the same page, this about glycosilad hemoglobin:

Health

DiabetesForo
04/20/2009 4:10 p.m.

I rewrite what we put before the "foristic lapse" ...

It is important to rotate the injection areas.It is also important that within each injection zone it is rotated, if we do not pay attention at the end you end up clicking on the same arm site, in the same place of gluteo or leg

DiabetesForo
04/20/2009 4:36 p.m.

I have a doubt and I always forget ask the doctor.The boli when we put insulin has to be completely straight or not?
Thanks and greetings!

Dori's profile photo
Dori
01/10/2016 4:01 p.m.

21 años, 10 con diabetes.
20u insulina toujeo por las mañanas. Humalog 4, 6 (5), media mañana y la merienda 3 o 4 y cena 3. Última glicosilada 6,7, sin casi tipos.

I use short needle so I inject it vertically.If long needle is used, you must inject leaning.You also have to take into account if there is fat: vertical with a lot of fat and inclined with little fat.
All the best

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
01/10/2016 4:38 p.m.

anaisabel said:
short needle use so I inject it vertically.If long needle is used, you must inject leaning.You also have to take into account if there is fat: vertical with a lot of fat and inclined with little fat.
GREETING

OKEY, thank you very much!

Dori's profile photo
Dori
01/10/2016 11:46 p.m.

21 años, 10 con diabetes.
20u insulina toujeo por las mañanas. Humalog 4, 6 (5), media mañana y la merienda 3 o 4 y cena 3. Última glicosilada 6,7, sin casi tipos.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.