two questions in one ..

carmen ferradas's profile photo   05/06/2012 2:10 p.m.

Hello guys and girls, I walk again to ask them two questions: I know that glycemia after eating looks 2 hours later, to know if the humalog dose is fine, because with my son it is happening to me, at breakfast two hours laterIf I had had breakfast yesterday I had it in 242mg/dl but I looked at him again before three hours and had it in 168, today equal two hours after breakfast 336 and before three hours to be more exact 2:50 minutes theI had in 168mg/dl, it is this normal .. it is only happening to me at breakfast ... and the other is, I have heard that the dose of Lantus goes according to the weight of the child, the is now in Lantus 3.5 inThe morning 7am, and .05 (half unit) 8; 30pm, he has 5 a ~ and weighs 38 pounds, I think it is 17 kilos I'm not sure ..

carmen ferradas's profile photo
carmen ferradas
05/06/2012 2:10 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

The figures you put are more or less normal.
The glucometers are not exact and the glycemia variations can be large ... In addition, the Humalog lasts 3 hours so the blood glucose is still going down at 3 hours.

The dose of Lantus is what needs, at first it is calculated based on body weight but that is only an indicative, from there each one needs a different dose.
It is true that usually if you go up or losses, the dose of Lantus is also raised or lowered ... but I already say that insulin needs are always individual.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/06/2012 3:02 p.m.

Thanks Owash !!!!

carmen ferradas
05/06/2012 3:17 p.m.

You can try to put the Breakfast Humalog a little earlier (20 '?) To adapt the insulin action to the glucose rise.Or put half or one more Humalog unit ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/07/2012 7:24 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Hello regina, I am already desperate because I can not get the glycemia at breakfast go normal, look I am putting the lantus twice at 7am 3 units and at 8; 30pm I started last night with 1 unit because I already had three days that I wasAmazing high, because today 77mg/dl q for this leave, today I am going to send the glycemia to the endo by email to see q tells me, I was thinking of moving the lantus instead of 8; 30pm put it at 11pm andThe 7am put it at 11am, but I don't know, to see what she tells me ... the breakfast glycemia do not go from 224 to 300 and then at food time (lunch) it has it more or less normalor give him dances as yesterday that two hours after breakfast 339mg/dl and that I give a surrounding surrounding snack and at the time of food 37mg/dl

carmen ferradas
05/07/2012 12:43 p.m.

I disagree that these figures are normal: oops :, (I know Owash, that the 2 hours does not convince you), but those intermediate figures of 300, do not seem very acceptable to me ... (we are trying to solveThis same problem in the breakfast stretch) ... I would do what it points to Regina, advance the rapid for at least 20 minutes.
With respect to 2 or 3 hours, I always measure at 2 hours, and I know that at that time there is still a rapid action, so it takes the opportunity to take a snack whenever it is with values ​​at those 2 hours ofAround 100-130, if not, it does not take anything.Or if you take something you get a Bolus.

Carmen, how old is your child?It seems to me that 77 When I wake up it is a good figure .... I would not rush to modify schedules again, I would wait a few days to see what effect the slow one is doing ... you have raised the lesson?, the effectIt is flatter.

Cheer up!

Velia's profile photo
Velia
05/07/2012 2:05 p.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Hi Velia, my son has 5 just fulfilled in May, if he increased the humalog then he will download more, look today for example, he got up 77 two hours later I had it in 327mg/dl, always half a morning II give a 15G snack without insulin because otherwise I give it to the meal time will have it very low, look yesterday I got up 170 I put the insulin with its correction, at two hours 339, I gave it its 15gr snackof carbs and at the time of the food, tremendous scare in 37 ... I don't know why I try to get around him .... that of putting the humalog and waiting 20 minutes, you do not think that then I downloadeda lot?I'm afraid that it's going to give it a hiccam ...

carmen ferradas
05/07/2012 2:29 p.m.

They say that the Lantus makes a slight peak between 2 and 6-8 hours of having supplied it, so it is possible that you need that contribution in mid-morning ... if the others are normal and you can fix it by giving it that contribution to arrive to arriveWell to meals, because great, I can't think of another solution, unless the others are also low, that then I was left over some basal ...
The quick effect begins 15 minutes to inject, I understand that you are afraid to put the insulin in advance, but it is clear that the child is covering well since at 3 hours it is in a normal figure, but it is being delayed, with which he is not able to stop that climb ... options, put the insulin those 15-20 minutes before, and measure him for a few days those 15 or 20 minutes later to see if something has effectively lowered him, which I doubt, because breakfast, unless you go on basal, is the time when there is usually more insulin resistance ... in addition, breakfast intakes usually based on hydrates, which will hardly be delayedThe effect of HCS.
I can't think of anything else ... Anyway, if it is only at breakfast, as at 3 hours it is fine, it would not have to be given excessive importance ... It is that with injected insulin you can not make many juggling.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
05/07/2012 3:24 p.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Carmen, if she was high, simply increases one of Lantus.It may cover a little more time and do not have that abrupt rise of 300.
Make the changes one by one, to see which one is fine.
Give it a networks of more slow hydrates (bread or fiber cookies) so that it does not arrive under to eat.Let's see like this ..
Velia, I had not read you ... we are both here to one .. these ages are difficult ... a kiss

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/07/2012 3:27 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

It gives me the impression that it has a lot of sensitivity to Lantus.Maybe it is better to put it with syringe.to be able to increase half a unit ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/07/2012 4:35 p.m.

Yes, Regina, two bands ... always 4 eyes will see more than 2 ... kisses

Velia's profile photo
Velia
05/07/2012 6:05 p.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Thanks Velia and Regina, a hug ...

carmen ferradas
05/07/2012 6:16 p.m.

Today I talked to the endo e-mail and has recommended using the apidra at breakfast to see how it goes, and in the other meals continue with the humalog, tomorrow I start using apidra to see how we are going ....In case I have to leave the fear of insulins but I can't help it, everyone talks about the bomb, which is better, but I already were using that of Medtronic and after two weeks it is removed, he was delighted with her, butThe bubbles had my head, when I filled the reservoir it was fine and then when I always looked at the reservoir and the tube, so I better remove it ...

carmen ferradas
05/07/2012 7:11 p.m.

Carmen do not want to disappoint you but we have used Humalog, Apidra, and now we are with a novorapid, and we have not noticed any difference, the issue of breakfast has followed the same, I have tried everything, Bolus well in advance, high basal, Dual Bolus withA high square, and nothing prevents it from sometimes putting at 200 longs, the funny thing is that when it is a weekend and is at home it does not have those spikes, they are very influenced by stress.

mornita's profile photo
mornita
05/07/2012 7:23 p.m.

Hello!
That was happening to me for a long time having a "super" peak just after breakfast and then at 3 hours have normal glycemia.My solution was to put a lot of fiber at breakfast.I know that with young children the issue of food is more complicated.

I spend the cookies I take, I commented a long time ago in the forum and a girl began to take them and said that the problem had been solved ... for trying.I also feel the prince cookies for absurd that sounds ... it must carry a lot of fat and slow down the absorption, but with these sometimes I reach 200, with those of fiber I do not rise from 140. >>

tica's profile photo
tica
05/08/2012 4:51 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Hello!

I agree on what they tell you, at breakfast it is when more insulin resistance has, I have tried everything and there are days that well and others that 200 long are insured, with the respective subsequent descent.

What works best for me is to put the breakfast bolus quite before like 20 or 25 mn before and then give breakfast in 2 parts, first the milk at home and at 15 mn or so cereals or cookies in the road carTo school, it seems that it is as the best are going to the insulin and the climb of HC, and anyway it is not mathematician there are days that there is the same way.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/08/2012 5:05 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.