Am I diabetic?

DiabetesForo's profile photo   04/30/2009 6:14 p.m.

Hello everyone!

First of all I would like to introduce myself: my name is Ely and I have found this forum looking for information about type 2 diabetes, although I am not entirely new in this.
My glucose levels have always been to the limit (between 105 and 110);They made me glycosylated but they were normal (I have to tell you tb q I am obesa and I have hormonal problems).When I became pregnant, the controls were extreme and, indeed, I had gestational diabetes and I could not control it with the exercise or with the diet, so I had to prick insulin twice a day from the sixth month.Once my son was born, the results of the curve were correct, that's what I forgot for three years and since I almost forgot, until a few days ago I did a routine control analysis (TB I have moderate hypertension under control)Everything came within normality except glucose, which went to 147.
My GPAnd I don't think that the one I carried in pregnancy is entirely correct).He has not sent me glycosylated or anything else.
Today I have spoken with the school doctor where I work and has told me that the figure is important and that after gestational diabetes it is not surprising, that takes care of me.
But they have not told me if I am diabetics 2, if this is going to be chronic, what food should I do without (although for my bad luck, I imagine it more or less), that others could be substitutes ... I need to guide meBecause I am lost on the subject.
I await your answer.
Greetings for everyone !!

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
04/30/2009 6:14 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello, Ely
First of all, I have to tell you that my opinion is that of a profane person, not a medical professional.
That said, I think you have many ballots to be diabetic.What happens is that type 2 diabetes is not something as resounding and as clear as type 1. The limits are more diffuse.

Dianbem is an ad (oral antidiabetic) and its treatment is usually prolonged.Some type 2 diabetics have enough with that, while others over time go to insulin.

The meal regime will depend on many factors and it should be your doctor who gave you clear guidelines.It is not the same for type 1, which are the majority here, and that "play" to balance hydrates with insulin.In the case of type 2, perhaps diet restrictions are more severe, because glycemia are only corrected with diet, exercise and attached.
But come on, as you suppose, in principle what must be sought is a healthy diet, rich in fiber, vegetables, etc., avoiding as far as possible sugars and fast absorption hydrates, as well as excessive fats.

Periodically become hair glycemia to see how you evolve and do not leave medical follow -up.

Greetings and welcome to the club.

DiabetesForo
04/30/2009 6:31 p.m.

Thank you very much for your information!The truth is that everyone who receives comes to me great, I will take a look at the whole forum to see what I find;As I tell you, the head doctor left me everything in the air but in June I have to take my son to the endocrine to review (he has a little delay in growth) and then I will ask him for an appointment to see meme too.
This time the glucose meter has not given me either, I suppose I will have to return because I don't know if the dose of Diamben is initial or it will only leave that.At the moment yesterday it did not go wrong, I did have a little stomach scrambled but I had no diarrhea (I have read somewhere that if you take it right at the end of eating and pass two horns without eating anything again does not have so much side effect).
Well, I suppose it will be a matter of becoming aware.
Greetings.
Ely.

DiabetesForo
05/01/2009 8:10 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.