I am diabetic?

DiabetesForo's profile photo   06/05/2009 4:01 a.m.

Hello!
Well, I am 21 years old and I have done a study in which the result was 7% glycosylated hemoglobin and the 76 mg/dl glucose.
I am afraid, I have been eating moderately for fear of being diabetic, if not I am = S .... please answer, do you think it is diabetic?The DR only told me to diet to reduce glycusilated HB but I don't know whether or not diabetic ..... helpaaaaa

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
06/05/2009 4:01 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Quiet Alex.
You give a couple of data that are not alarming at all.Do you have symptoms of unrelated diabetic?Weight loss, thirst, urinating abundance, tiredness .... If you had this sure you would have told DR.Because they are symptoms that appear suddenly and you realize that there really is something that does not work in your body.With these symptoms I would have requested more analysis, if you have not done it is because without symptoms and with those two data it is not to diagnose diabetes.
Even so, if you are worried, you can go to a pharmacy two or three days and that the glucose is measured in the morning before breakfast ... In any case, pay attention to DR.

All the best.

hugo79's profile photo
hugo79
06/05/2009 6:16 a.m.

Hello Álex,

As Hugo tells you, those symptoms are key to determining if you can be diabetic.The glycosity is a high pelin to not be diabetic but I don't know what your doctor will have told you.There are times that in some analyzes they mark things as if they were bad and then the doctor tells you that everything is correct.

All the best.

Vero_86's profile photo
Vero_86
06/05/2009 7:30 a.m.

Hi Alex:
We have diabetes but we are not doctors, who has to tell you whether or not you have diabetes is a doctor after doing the appropriate tests, if you are not satisfied with what your doctor has told you, ask for a second opinion.

DiabetesForo
06/05/2009 8:02 a.m.

It is true that doctors are the ones who know but sometimes rags with some that I don't know what to tell you ...
Recently I tried a curious acquaintance to know what levels he had and gave him before eating 160, it seemed a little high for a non -diabetic person and I recommended that he go to the doctor in case the flies.

In the doctor they did the same as I did to him and they only asked him that if he had a family history and when he said this boy he did not, they did not worry that he had no diabetes.All this without an analysis.

Then I also know cases of going to the doctor thinking to have diabetes and instead of making glycosy to make them a normal analysis where glycosity did not appear anywhere simply the sugar result he had on an empty stomach.

Sometimes you have to tell doctors what they have to do according to my personal experience or people I know.

All the best!!

Vero_86's profile photo
Vero_86
06/05/2009 11:14 a.m.

Glycosylated hemoglobin is not a parameter that is used for diagnosis (neither American nor Spanish nor Spanish have in their manuals this technique as a diagnosis).

Fasting blood glucose, typical symptomatology that we all know and insulinist markers, C peptide, beta cell antibodies or even genetic study of 2 very specific genes (HLA, which we share with celiacs) is the usual to diagnose diabetes.

7% equals 140 mg/dl on average ... which can be influenced by a few things (corticosteroids, operations ...)

DiabetesForo
06/05/2009 4:29 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.