{'en': 'Glymia two hours after meals.', 'es': 'Glucemia dos horas después de las comidas.'} Image

Glymia two hours after meals.

Nacho_71's profile photo   06/11/2009 1:42 p.m.

I have only diagnosed and treatment for three weeks, these days I take the opportunity to read and inform me.

From the hospital I left with a pattern of glycemia of three a day, before each meal.I am taking those values ​​quite well (in any case pulling low).

Today I am trying to make me a glycemia two hours after each meal.

After breakfast was in 188, after food in 207. Are these values ​​"normal"?

What values ​​do you usually have?

Greetings.

Nacho_71's profile photo
Nacho_71
06/11/2009 1:42 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Nacho, at the outset, that they put a guideline of only 3 glycemia a day and only in the "present" (before meals) I fear that it is not very successful.

It is important, everything has a certain stability, a profile, that is, a control before each meal and a control two hours after each meal (post), as well as an early morning control.
Then, you can reduce the controls and make trges or four a day, alternating the schedules.
And always do control in case of doubts, disease or special occasions and new situations.
I think, the more we know, the more we can adjust the guidelines and the better control we will achieve.

As for those figures, my daughter recommends posts between 140 and 180, although there are those who prefer to adjust more and prefer it between 120 and 160.

In any case, consult your endocrine and, if possible, that they contact you with a diabetes educator nurse.

I have an impressive website in terms of diabetes management:

For many of us it is a header manual.

Health

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
06/11/2009 3:46 p.m.

In my opinion we must always be below 140 (which is equivalent to 7% glycosilada).
But more priority is to have stability and avoid many hyper and many hypos.

As for the number of glycemia, my impression is that until a good control is essential to make a full profile every day.
A full profile is to perform controls before all meals and 2-3 hours after all meals ... optionally 1 glycemia at 3 tomorrow.

DiabetesForo
06/11/2009 4:29 p.m.

I think that at the beginning it is essential to make the full profile daily but maybe they advised you 3 because your doctor intends to adjust the basal the first and then give you the guidelines to adjust the rapid on the meals.
After almost 9 years I have 6 or 7 daily controls, especially since I carry the bomb, go blind as I don't like hehehehe .....

DiabetesForo
06/12/2009 4:36 a.m.

Hi Nacho.It also seems very little about the 3 glycemia.It is shown that the more a better stability is measured.
The "ideal" and sometimes very difficult to get figures are less than 100 before meals and not exceeding 160 in the following 2 hours (even 180 can be considered valid) .... This is all very relative because there are thousandsOf factors that affect glycemia, but above all they already commented, it is very important not to have too high ups and downs, try to maintain daily glycemic stability.
I don't know if you've commented what kind of treatment they have put you.
Greetings.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
06/12/2009 5:44 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Thank you very much for the answers.

The three controls is the guideline that marked me when leaving the hospital.Next week I have a visit with the educator, and I suppose that at that meeting is where he will explain more things.

Yesterday I finished doing all the glycemia, after dinner was 138, the one of the morning was 146, and at dawn of 104.

From what I see, I have the posts a little high, although the next pre arrived just or a bit low.80-100 and in some meals and dinner 70.

My treating is with Lantus (28) and before each novorapid meal (8).

Endo explain how to adjust doses, and that I could do it.But since the educator had not yet explained it to me, I have tried not to touch them, although I want to start "play" with them.My intention would be to lower the Lantus, and the breakfast dose.Following the diet that they have given me, at the breakfast I ingomo 70 gr of HC, while in the food there are 110 and at dinner 100. Get the same dose in all three meals, when the HC contribution difference is so much, noI fit.

As I put in the presentation, my great hobby are marine aquariums, and in these, we must control many values ​​with high consumption, mainly ca. The technique becomes the same, the aquarium spends, and I contribute.You have to adjust contributions and consumption, avoiding peaks.So I hope to control my levels and learn the consumption of my body in a short time.

Sorry for the brick, today I was inspired.

Thanks again.

Nacho_71's profile photo
Nacho_71
06/12/2009 1:01 p.m.

Nacho, those glycemia seem great to me.I think that insulin doses and hydrates guidelines are quite good, at least in view of the results.

Regarding that for equal intakes you should put the same insulin, I will tell you that it is not always the case.My daughter, for example, for the same rations of hydrates, needs more insulin at breakfast than in food.Hormones and other factors influence.
I recommend that you act as your body asks for it, without prejudice in what "you should" logically put yourself, because mathematics and logic do not always fit diabetes.
And I think you are on the right track :)

Health

DiabetesForo
06/12/2009 1:45 p.m.

Nacho, patience, the first year I demanded too much and I have come to the conclusion that it is not good, if you can get a good glycosylated and without figures above 180 I think it is a good start

pochola's profile photo
pochola
12/05/2017 6:22 p.m.

DM1 desde 2011 8 puntos Lantus. Todo esfuerzo traerá su recompensa ♥ Hemo 5.7

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.