☼Hola, I'm new

Aragon77's profile photo   07/18/2009 9:06 p.m.

I am a girl from Mexico who has lived in Spain for years, and they just diagnosed type II diabetes.In the face of my family and friends I am taking it with resignation, but inside I am terrified by the future, if I have left.

I feel fatal, I am scared, I feel that I will not be able to have children or work more.I do not know if the same thing happened to them: a terror to what comes later, to feel a burden for others, not to be able to eat anything.A good part of my ascending are or were diabetic and I have obesity ... but as always, rare is the person who experiences in a foreign head and I did not want to listen to the people who love me.Imagine: I have a medical cousin and a nutritionist, but nothing, I was head and continued eating, fattening and leading sedentary life.

I already told my family the diagnosis, but I feel that my back turns a little, and I understand it ... I looked for my disease and now I have to take care of myself.

The highest that has come out of glucose is 177 right now, and on an average fasting I am in 125-130.I know it's not much, but I see that little by little hyperglycemia rises.I am afraid of what can happen to me, since I have seen how my diabetic relatives have become ... I don't know what to do to be positive and have the will to take medicine and follow the advice of doctors.I am giving me a kind of suicidal phase: I am eating everything I should not (sugars, fats, etc ...), and I have been crushed on the couch for weeks, I do not want to do anything or take the pills ... weight 122 kilos andI'm still fattening, my legs burn and I don't feel like anything.

Greetings and I hope my next messages are more positive.I am usually a very cheerful and optimistic person, but tonight I feel fatal.: |

Aragon77's profile photo
Aragon77
07/18/2009 9:06 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello, Aragon.

I do not know why, but I see that it is relatively frequent that certain people, when they face the diagnosis of diabetes, think that it is more comfortable to autholent each other, look for the affectionate and useless word, the sweet and unusable comfort ..., insteadto do what logic and common sense say.

You know that if you take care of yourself, your situation can be reversible.You may not be able to stop being diabetic, but you can control the disease to the point of being much healthier than before being.

If you allow me to be hard, your problem is not diabetes, but the lack of will and laziness.Naturally, it is more comfortable to lie on a sofa and eat sweets than to make a balanced meal and exercise, but I assure you that doing the second, in a short time you will find yourself so well that you will not want the first.

It depends on you.If what you are looking for is that we pity you, this is not your site.
If you are looking for help and advice to take care of yourself and be well, be welcome and here you have us.Here there are well controlled and poorly controlled diabetics, but we all look for the same thing: doing things every day and being healthy, as well as helping each other to get it.

You choose.

Greetings

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
07/19/2009 7:28 a.m.

Hello Aragon.

Alea's words are hard but true.

When you receive the diagnosis it is a blow, but you have to get up.I am very clear since debuting that this will not be able to with me, that it will not limit my life, it will condition something, but it will not limit me.At the beginning it is more effort, but then you are controlling little by little, and you keep the new lifestyle.

So get out of the couch, go to take a long walk, and when you return you prepare a good healthy meal.

I encourage, and go ahead.

Nacho_71's profile photo
Nacho_71
07/20/2009 4:23 a.m.

Hi Aragon:
I subscribe word for word what Alea has told you, self -pity is of no use.Today you can live perfectly having diabetes, you can have children, you can work, do sports, you put the limits, but for that you have to take care of yourself, you have to have the will to do it and love it.
Like Nacho when I left the hospital with the diagnosis of diabetes I decided that I was not going to be able to change my life and after 9 years I can assure you that I have succeeded.
Cheer up!!!!!

DiabetesForo
07/20/2009 5:27 a.m.

In your case, diabetes has to serve you to change, change your life and your way of facing life.

Those of us who have diabetes have in our hand have no future complications ... none ... I know enough people with more than 70 years and with diabetes for more than 30 and do not have a single complication ... they have the ailments ofAge, but nothing related to diabetes ... why?Because they have decided to take care of themselves, they have worried about themselves, and have found their own way of facing their illness ... they are the only ones responsible for their good health ... if you have a chance, why are you going to miss it?

DiabetesForo
07/20/2009 3:14 p.m.

: D :)) :)): D :))

Hello, guys!It is true that sometimes one needs to be given a good coscorrón to grab the wave and move to the good path.

Forgive that I have been missing in combat, what happens is that I decided to put on the batteries since Monday and I am well busy walking (I do several laps a day buying loose things for my house instead of buying everything in the same week and going the car).

What costs me the most is food.In Mexico you have the belief that being fat and eating a lot of meat of social status, so my parents pierced us from food from very small.I, until a few days ago, had two or three fried eggs with a little bacon or gossip, stewed beans, spicy sauce, wheat tortillas and coca-cola."I fell twenty" that this is not right, so now I am having breakfast bread with tomato and turkey ham ... Logically I have a lot of hungry (psychological, I suppose), but I am chopping natural yogurt, gelatin or fruit.The hours of food and dinner, the same, I am making big changes that in three days do not reflect anything, but I hope that next Monday I weigh a change.

It costs me a lot of work, I think that learning to eat is like quitting or detoxifying drugs.In addition, I have to "change the chip" about many eating ideas and habits that we bring from children in Mexico and that result in the country with the highest percentage of diabetics for every 1000 inhabitants in the world.

There I'm still wanting, and I would love to throw me batons, example ... that they gave me encouragement, hahaha ...

A hug and thank you very much for the Bhienvenida and the "Mini-Chinga" that they put me.I needed it to start.

Aragon77's profile photo
Aragon77
07/22/2009 12:52 p.m.

Hello, Aragon.
We are very happy that you have decided the path that will make you a new, healthy and much stronger person.

I do not tell you that it will be a rose path.As you say, this way of bad eating is cultural and entrenched, so you will have to strive to look at things otherwise, but you have already done the most difficult and now what that persevere is left.
The results, at least in the weight, will not be immediate, but do not worry, that if you do that exercise and feed yourself correctly, in a while you will see how the grams of more are falling and how your health is strengthened day by day.

And it is possible that one day "caigas" for lack of willpower.If that happens, do not sink.Take strength again and return to the right path, which we support you from here.

A hug.

DiabetesForo
07/22/2009 1:23 p.m.

:)) :)), Aragon I'm glad you have taken it with such a good humor, that's good and here we will be to encourage you or take another anger hahaha ... but I think you are on the right track, the most important thing is the most important thing isAccept and so it is easier to remedy.

Kisses

DiabetesForo
07/23/2009 3:28 a.m.

Good news without a doubt.

I encourage, and it has us for whatever.

Greetings.

Nacho_71's profile photo
Nacho_71
07/27/2009 7:47 a.m.

@Aragon77
Courage and take the bull by the horns as they say in Spain, value

Pinkunicorn's profile photo
Pinkunicorn
11/23/2016 11:40 p.m.

DM1 desde 2009
Lantus 23 UI 14h ahora probando Toujeo 28 UI 14h
Apidra Junior a demanda
Accu Check Aviva Expert
FreeStile Libre
Última HbA1c 6,8

Well, a lot of encouragement and forward.I also had to change my life: diet and exercise.At first I was hungry but he told me: in three hours I have to have lunch, that's nothing "... and I drank an infusion that cheats the stomach and to follow. In a week the body gets used to. You can also drink a Coca Cola Zero Zero Zero Zero Zeroor ligth that he has occupied space and satiate.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
11/25/2016 8:15 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.