{'en': 'Diabetes and mosquitoes.', 'es': 'Diabetes y Mosquitos.'} Image

Diabetes and mosquitoes.

Quim's profile photo   05/08/2012 10:22 a.m.

Hello colleagues!

The good weather is here and with the mosquitoes.

I don't know if it has something to do but are diabetic people more likely to pile the mosquitoes?

Since debuting, in summer, it seems that I attract them as if it were a caramel for them (:)) that ironic) and my wife do not even approach them.

Of course, she is happy, but I don't: Evil :.

Is being diabetic has something to do with?

Does it give you the same feeling or are they imaginations of mine?

Thanks for your time.

Hugs, Quim.

Quim's profile photo
Quim
05/08/2012 10:22 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

It happened to me to reverse before debut they ate me at most 1 per month hehe

iris's profile photo
iris
05/08/2012 12:20 p.m.

Well, I have noticed that they bite me more.Especially the beginning.Before I not chopped one and now, well.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/08/2012 12:26 p.m.

It is what has to be sweet, we attract more: mrgreen:

DiabetesForo
05/08/2012 1:25 p.m.

Well, I already have the typical hacks of the pecks, and my son nothing and my partner with everything beautiful, just like the child nothing
, I, if I think that yes, that the sugar has to see to attract them, once I saw a documentary of a person with diabetes who pis in a container
And another that did not suffer diabetes also pee in another container, and put it outdoors, of course, they were doing a scientific test, finally they released bees
And they all went to that of the diabetic, it seems like a dizzer, but they were evidence they did to reach some conclusion, and if the bees smell the sweetness, I think the mosquitoes too.

aurora2's profile photo
aurora2
05/08/2012 2:49 p.m.

It is my first summer with diabetes so I don't know ... but from Peke I had inheritance cholestarol and I had it high for a few years.That season all mosquitoes were for me.It was a mathematician, there was a mosquito and wanted my blood.With diabetes the same will happen, having more blood sugar for them is like a feast ...

garbitxu's profile photo
garbitxu
05/09/2012 6:21 p.m.

Well, I will be the only one that mosquitoes do not want my blood better hahahaha

iris's profile photo
iris
05/09/2012 6:31 p.m.

They have never been bitten, neither with diabetes or without it.In Mexico, one stated that I would no longer find a place to do it in my husband's body.

DiabetesForo
05/10/2012 12:17 p.m.

I don't know if it will be demonstrated, but since I debuted I notice that they chop me more than before.In addition, when I am with more people, normally the one who collects more bites is me.

Let's see if someone finds any information about it and puts it here.

JMG90's profile photo
JMG90
05/14/2012 8:43 a.m.

It seems silly that, having if now because it will be diabetic, everything will happen to us.

JC1985's profile photo
JC1985
05/23/2012 2:26 p.m.

Ancient but funny theme.My husband is not diabetic, and they ridd down.
Now, as I think you know, two or three years ago, we have the Tigre mosquito.It is so small that it is barely seen, but with a bad milk .... :) The mosquitoes go to all Quisqui, they are not delicate.
I have put a liquid citronela, which they sell in herbalisms, and it seems that it works, scares them.
Colonia's water, in case, already carries citronela and lemon, and I think, it helps to scare them out.
If you know something better, here we are.
Thanks and Bona Nit.

Consu's profile photo
Consu
06/05/2015 1:35 a.m.

DM LADA (7-4-09). Con 50 años. Novorrapit flexpen, y Tresiva. Sin complicaciones.

In addition to what has already been commented, there is also a genetic factor that predisposes more than the mosquitoes piquen, and it is demonstrated! Here I leave you article of the avant -garde on the subject.

that mosquitoes pique you depend on your genes

Human body |04/22/2015 - 07: 10h |Last update: 04/23/2015 - 12: 01h

In an outdoor dinner in summer, on an excursion to the field, on a trip, on a walk by a river, there are always those who literally riddle mosquitoes while others, on the other hand, seem to have some type of shieldnatural that protects them from annoying bites.It is known that the reason why some people are a more appetizing dish for these diptera that others are due to their body smell.

“It is as if the body of some individuals produced a kind of natural repellent that acted on extra defense against mosquitoes.We wanted to check if the fact of being more or less attractive to mosquitoes was related to genes, ”explains researcher James Logan, of the London Tropical Hygiene and Medicine School.

Together with his team, he conducted a study with couples of identical and non -identical twins in which he measured if there was a correlation between the smell of the volunteers and how attractive people were for insects.To do this, he asked them to introduce their hand in an olfatometer, a plastic device in the form of ‘y’, at whose upper ends there was a slot to introduce the fingers.

Next, the researchers passed air through the tube, which dragged the body smell of both brothers to the opposite side, where the mosquitoes were.If these were attracted to what they smelled, they flew towards the twins;Otherwise, they tried to get away.

“In the case of identical twins, we saw that mosquitoes were attracted to both brothers.On the other hand, in the case of non -identical ones, the response of insects varied.This result suggests that the trait of being or not attractive to these animals is genetically controlled and that, therefore, the probability that they are pico is inheritable, ”suggests Logan, principal author of the study, published today in PLOS One magazine.

The next step will be to identify which specific genes are involved.To do this, they have already begun to collect body smell samples of the volunteers wrapping them in a kind of survival thermal blankets, very similar to those used in mountaineering, which will allow to extract the volatile chemical molecules and thus analyze them in the laboratory.Knowing which genes are involved could open the door to develop new repellent, more effective, as well as strategies to protect those with more susceptibility to suffer from bites, which is especially important in countries hit by diseases such as dengue, malaria orChikungunya, which are transmitted by mosquito sting and that cause death to tens of thousands of people every year, especially in the African continent.

“Once the genes are identified, we hope to be able to develop a drug, a pill, that when you take it, make your body secrete natural repellent, so you are protected, without the need to have to smelYou spring or creams, ”says Logan.

Source: Link

fer's profile photo
fer
06/05/2015 9:02 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

I think it depends on the hunger they have .. haha

Regina's profile photo
Regina
06/05/2015 4:39 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

They never usually chop me!: D

AnNa's profile photo
AnNa
06/05/2015 11:13 p.m.

They do not usually chop me, from time to time, but my husband lp riddled and I am next to nothing.

YOLI's profile photo
YOLI
06/06/2015 12:31 a.m.

That's the genes !!!

fer's profile photo
fer
06/06/2015 1:36 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

To me from my diabetes, at 9 ... I am filled with pecks in summer ... it is horrible !!!!!I think if you have to see ... Q we are sweeter

vandorta's profile photo
vandorta
06/08/2015 6:26 p.m.

Llevo 24 años de matrimonio con Mi diabetes :-)

💜Dexcom g6 Diciembre 2020
💓Tandem Xslim Enero 2021

~ Hemoglobinas ~
Febrero - 10,8%
Julio - 6,5%
Septiembre - 6,3%

Well, I had been bitten two in my life and since I debuted I am his favorite, my husband is now delighted, before it was the other way around.I must be very good ;;)

pochola's profile photo
pochola
07/30/2015 4:15 p.m.

DM1 desde 2011 8 puntos Lantus. Todo esfuerzo traerá su recompensa ♥ Hemo 5.7

They have never been especially stung but this year they are riding me ...: ((((((

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
07/30/2015 5:47 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

If affirmative I think something has to do since I have noticed that if they bite me more than before the debut.
Before the most minimal suspicion of mosquitoes I use Green off which is even suitable for areas where there is dengue and I can assure you that they will no longer approach you.

DiabetesForo
08/18/2015 4:01 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.