Fiber, postpandriales and bread

DiabetesForo's profile photo   05/10/2012 8:31 a.m.

Hello.I wanted to open a post on the fiber.
With the recommendations of a Forero, fix the postpandracial breakfast thanks to her and her information, of course.
I believe that the key is in the fiber that lowers the glycemic index, which as you know does not come out in the compositions of supermarket food (which I know)
Without knowing what Index has the cookies feel great:

Gullon Active Integral 11gr of food fiber every 100gr of product is to say 11% (although then the box says 4% elsewhere ??) its index acts as low despite carrying glucose.

Now I wanted to "attack" food and dinner: the white bread of any site impossible unless it goes towards hypoglycemia.
I started with the classic piquitos.They are phenomenal, they are rationable, the pronpandial do not upload much so being so hard are not easily absorbed.Contraindication: constipation in my case after 2 weeks, which condemns me since I am operated as an bladder and with the hemorrhoid I do not know what degree already (it was of grade 2 before) total one week with pains and ardores .... veryevil.

So I wanted to ask you what substitutes for the bakery bread you use ...
Today I am going to try Celiac bread despite the expensive to see if perhaps - bread to preheat, not toasted:

6% food fiber of the Schar brand.

To clarify then, the questions are:

1.- What classic bread substitutes are you?(since I can't eat without bread)
2.- Do you know a food list with glycemic index ... I already commented on that the carrot went from 30 to 80 from raw to cooked?
( Link food=Carrot )

It is also assumed that the more fiber and more water carries the food, the less problems with constipation, right?

P.S.My experiences with ecological breads, "integral" breads, ... all without labeling the percentage of fiber has been disastrous, as well as the slices of "roasted" bread labeled or not.

Does anyone dare to bake with fiber (adding wheat gluten, etc.)?

Thank you so much

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/10/2012 8:31 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I do not know how to answer you what you ask, because the truth is that the experience we had with the whole bread was not good.My daughter came out sores in her mouth (she would be allergic to some of her components, and less bad than we discovered that it was bread).So always take white bread at meals and we don't notice any difference (of course it takes about 30g and always with vegetables and protein) ...

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/11/2012 4:46 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Three tablespoons of bird bran mixed with skim milk or skimmed yogurt.The three tablespoons distributed in two shots during the day.It is a very slow assimilation HC.It is like a lantus but in HC.Pure fiber.Perfect!
Luck!

DJA's profile photo
DJA
05/14/2012 9:44 p.m.

The truth is that as normal bread, although if one day I want to take more quantity because it touches a food from unte, that day touches integral that weighs less.What I take into account is carbohydrates and although I am very panera, I always weight before meals and from there I do not happen not to eat more HC than I wanted.
What must also be taken into account is that having fiber, the whole wheat bread is slower absorption and sugar may rise later.

garbitxu's profile photo
garbitxu
05/15/2012 8:19 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.