I can no longer (couple and diabetes)

DiabetesForo's profile photo   05/10/2012 10:47 a.m.

Good my name is Cano, 3 years ago I go out with my partner and suffer from type 1 diabetes for 6.
When I started going out with her, I didn't have much idea of ​​the disease.She didn't tell me too much, I simply saw that she was punctured a few times a day and ready.Little by little, and almost on my own, I began to train on diabetes.And at the same time I noticed that my partner (from a medical point of view) did not carry good control.For her the diabetes was and it is signed 3 times and normal life.
I bought (for both) a couple of books and try to convince her to bring her diabetes to greater control.I started to point the blood glucose levels and press it to stop smoking and take care of the food a little more ... to the cavo of these 3 years there is no way that the batteries are put with the subject.Discussions happen more and more often and while their sugar looks like a roller coaster.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/10/2012 10:47 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

If she is not aware of what there is, little you will be able to do, apart from discussing.I suppose the doctor will have warned him of all the risks he runs with a high hemoglobin, and he is already an adult to decide. What can you try is to encourage it to enter the forum, to see if he is interested in how to improve control and we canhelp .
Luck !

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/10/2012 11 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

It is complicated, it is clear that the decision to take care of her has to take her, and if you are little for the work you can do (apart from discussions that do not get anywhere) where are you from?The same would be good to go to an association of diabetics meet people to be able to talk about this

It is not a criticism, but in my case they have always left me a lot of "freedom" with diabetes, I take care of myself and worry about my health, I suppose that my parents soon saw that they could trust me, and my partner has always respected meOn this subject and as you see that it is not a problem for the relationship or think or stop commenting, it is something more of life and point.On the other hand, I have a sister who is a bit "controlling", I am the little girl with four brothers and sometimes they have played more the role of parents than brothers.And he gave him a time for "taking care of me" and ended up to my sister's noses.I blamed me if one day I was higher than expected, if I ate others or less.In the end they had to put my parents in the middle and tell my sister to stop watching me.I spent a lot of time without getting good with her.Now I think about it and I even feel bad, but I felt very frustrated, I tried to do my best, and many times I did not get it and I felt bad with myself and I also had to listen to someone telling me that I was doing it wrong.

It is also true that there are times that you have no energy to "take care of yourself", those days let me take a little, I measure myself, I put the insulin and I think at least the diabetes or other times I really want to take care of myself and I look at me tryAdjust more insulin, weight everything like ... but you have to keep in mind that diabetes is for a lifetime and it will not always be possible to have total control of diabetes (rather rarely all the pieces fitcorrectly)

tica's profile photo
tica
05/10/2012 11:37 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

The fact is that she does not care about the forum, the doctor does not care and does not care.It is rare to see it in this way, but it has an extraordinary ability to not think about the long (and short) consequences.At first I gave myself time but 3 years ago and nothing has changed, I think it considers that even diabetic your body is very strong and will not have problems in the long run ... The fact is that you do not want to talk about the subject or any kind ofalternative.Or it gives me long so that it is worth it or explodes and sends me to shit.

DiabetesForo
05/10/2012 12:07 p.m.

Ayyyy Justecano, how bad the subject.How curious !!!!Would you mind telling me the age that you are?I see myself reflected in it.I did the same.:(

In parts, what tells you Regina seems to me the best that you can make you understand, it is the best, being in contact with people who you know what you speak and how you feel ...

With respect to what Tica says ... there I feel identified with her, the same thing happened to me with my sister, just like the same, with the aggravating one to be a doctor ..... I married and similar, but pqHe did not know about the party and neither p'A nor p´atrás .... and another relationship,:-/:-/:-/:-/:-/:-/:-/:-/:-/ tells me that I was much happier when I did not enter the forum.

I am crying without tears ...: Shock :: Twisted :, I tell him that he between and read to find out about PQ I am always measuring glucose, he is a psychologist but at the blacksmith's house ...... Sometimes I want to die, butI have already fought in many places and I have a very important reason to exist, which is my daughter.

romevila's profile photo
romevila
05/10/2012 3:03 p.m.

Bomba Accu Check Insight de Roche con Novorapid.
Usuaria de bomba desde 2011 ( lleve la Combo hasta el año pasado).

Getting in others never is a good taste dish.

However, I must ask you if you want it.If so, there is nothing to talk about, you must keep trying with your greatest strength.If one thing does not work, another one is done.And from time to time the previous one is recommended.

It is complicated, but believe me that it can get ahead.

Markus's profile photo
Markus
07/11/2012 11:02 a.m.

Hello, my name is Carlos, Mexican 46 years, 30 with diabetes and 3 with terminal chronic renal failure.seeking a kidney transplant, which here in Mexico is not easy task;I create a good care of my diabetes, because I played as a trailero.And that is not a good trade or help much with diabetes.But 30 years do not pass fast.Unfortunately I have witnessed many deaths of friends who, because they did not take care of themselves from 10 years with the disease.She knows what it is to have children?

DiabetesForo
07/13/2012 3:51 p.m.

It is never easy to say this, but if she doesn't take care of it ... well, he hears, you have tried.

Entrenamiento's profile photo
Entrenamiento
07/20/2012 3:35 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.