I present myself;Athlete with bad blood glucose ...!

sepstre's profile photo   08/20/2009 5:37 a.m.

Greetings!

My name is David, 22 years old, a athlete of a lifetime, and student & AMP;currant

I tell you.I dedicate (sport) to the muscles, and everything that respects nutrition I have quite controlled.
Carbohydrates always provine fibrous sources, and maintain stable blood glucose.The problem comes after training, where when ingesting certain amounts of CH (necessary for recovery) they give me downs (hypoglycemia).

The doctor recommended me to put it with a glucometer, so I went to the pharmacy, but they asked me for € 50 for the device plus € 50 for the strips.Are so expensive?Is there no way to get them at a better price?

Another question is ... there are many models, and I look for a simple and reliable one, to measure blood glucose according to food, amounts and moments of ingestion.

If someone could help me, it would be appreciated ...!

Thank you so much :)

sepstre's profile photo
sepstre
08/20/2009 5:37 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello:
Do you have diabetes?I understand that no .....
The glucometers are given by laboratories (Lifescan, Roche, Menarini etc) and you throw them if you were diabetic they give them to social security.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
08/20/2009 7:55 a.m.

No, I don't have.But because of the type of training I have to have these controlled levels at certain times.

And how is it done for the lip to give it to you?

Thank you :)

sepstre's profile photo
sepstre
08/20/2009 10:28 a.m.

I am a bit suspicious, apologize if it is not your case, but insulin is usually used in bodybuilding as a doping substance.
Insulin is within the list of doping substances of all sports.
NPH is usually used or mixtures.
Insulin improves the absorption of HC towards cells

When a person without diabetes is injected insulin, he has a high risk of severe hypoglycemia ... if he will need HC over the intense exercise several hours after exercise ....

The need for glucose of the body appears up to several hours after exercise, the muscles do not stop when the exercise is over but continue to require HC

DiabetesForo
08/20/2009 11:25 a.m.

Well, it seems a nonsense injecting insulin without being diabetic.
It must be that I have another concept of "sport" and I do not understand that nobody is medicated to artificially achieve more muscle.
I'm sorry, I can't advise you and I'm afraid you have a problem.
Greetings

DiabetesForo
08/20/2009 1:59 p.m.

You are right Alea, it is nonsense but they do it as Owash says that they are dedicated to bodybuilding.
I spent many years in the gym and I saw what those who competed, true barbarities especially in food did, so it is hard to believe that David has a healthy diet, I do not know if insulin will be injected without being diabetic but I am almost sure thatFood is not exactly healthy ...

DiabetesForo
08/20/2009 5:24 p.m.

Perfect, judging me without knowing me, just asking about a glucometer.

I wouldn't think of pricking with insulin.In 1, I have achieved 5kg net of muscle with hard training and perfectly planned diet.I do not need to inject insulin.Senzillily I ask to take more benefit to food thanks to insulin segregated by the same body.

Regarding the diet, if you do not believe that I have a correct diet, ask what you want as nutrition, although I do not think I have to demonstrate anything to anyone.I am worth the title that I took out.

If just enter and say that I am a athlete you go from this stick, you are only a sect.

By the way, tell me that you consider a healthy diet, but if you smoke, babies, or take any processed food, you already have a diet worse than mine.Just tell you that all vegetables/vegetables/eggs/meats come directly from farm without additives.Advantage of living in a town.

Most do not know, and you eat every day a good amount of estrogen and the like ...

sepstre's profile photo
sepstre
08/20/2009 6:07 p.m.

.... not a man who does not judge you, we only think and we can be wrong of course.
For me a healthy diet is a balanced diet: carbohydrates, proteins and fat all in its fair measure.I have friends who make weights, some compete and to get that muscle mass they make a totally unbalanced diet with huge amounts of proteins, including those horrible shakes and some supplements that I do not believe are very healthy.I don't know if it's your case, but I think that to get the increase in muscle mass so fast you have to wear a special diet that, I repeat, I doubt it is balanced.And you are checking it in yourself, those hypoglycemia that you say are not normal, or produce an excess of insulin or you are missing carbohydrates, it is my opinion, which is certainly not professional.
To get the glucometer calls some laboratory that I put up, you will find the phone on the Internet.

DiabetesForo
08/21/2009 3:33 a.m.

I dedicate (sport) to the muscles, and everything that respects nutrition I have quite controlled.
Carbohydrates always provine fibrous sources, and maintain stable blood glucose. The problem comes after training, where when ingesting certain amounts of ch ] (necessary for recovery) they give me downs (hypoglycemia).

If you have hypoglycemia it is because or you have a problem with food (do not eat enough given the exercise you do ... before, during and then) or have a problem of excessive insulin secretion, or the 2 things.

HC against more fiber have more slowdown absorption ...
It is usual that as soon as the exercise is finished, the high blood glucose is left but after 15-30 minutes the glycemia drops into chopped ... This is at least what I have observed in many people with type 1 diabetes

I do not understand why your doctor has advised you a glucometer, it will not help you ... If you have hypoglycemia it is a sign of a metabolic alteration, so you should ensure the relevant tests that you do not suffer from anything ... and I hope you don'tHave anything.

I imagine that you will know little about diabetes ... or not, I don't know ... but what bothers us most, far beyond putting insulin is to perform every day a multitude of glycemic controls (normal more than 5 a day...every day)...

DiabetesForo
08/21/2009 3:56 a.m.

Greetings!

I imagine that from time to time some tarado with doping doubts, but as I have commented, it is not my case.I am curious of birth, and I always seek to improve in all aspects, in this case, the nutritional and physiological.

Regarding the diet, mine is nothing from the other world.About 2300-2500 kcal daily, at macros level, 40% CH (comprehensive rice, fibrous legumes and carbohydrates) 30% protein (boiled eggs, turkey, chicken, blue fish ...) and 30% fat (olive oil,nuts, hazelnuts ...)

So there are no strange things.Quantity is very divided (60gr of ch maximum per ration) and logical.I don't want to "fuck" health.

Regarding the amount of post -exercise CH, it could be this.If just ending the exercise such as the CH (about 60gr, sugary of rapid abosrcion, without fat or fiber) gives me downturn.Now, if I wait between 30-45 min once the training is finished, everything perfect.

This could be the failure, not to leave a few minutes of recovery so that the body returns to its "normal" state (30-45min)

I will call Acu-Check, to see what.Thank you!

sepstre's profile photo
sepstre
08/21/2009 4:29 a.m.

Wow, they have called me many things, but it is the first time that they accuse me of sectarian:-/
Let's go in parts (Jack Dixit):
I fear that when you enter a diabetes forum and not clarify that you are not diabetic or inject insulin, you have induced us to error, but do not worry, that we assume that error and apologize;)

However, I believe that the concept of "gym nutrition" is not exactly the one that the endocrine or nutritionists have on healthYears, because I was convinced that good nutAt very high prices in the same gym, and that I prohibited radical to take when I saw the ingredients, as well as the supplements that recommended: L-carnitine or conjugated linoleic acid, for putting two examples.

It is a type of food that aims simply the muscles and, in my opinion of profane, sport is healthy if used as a source of health.Exercise must give as fruit a state of strength, agility and health, as well as the muscle must be a consequence of the exercise, and not its purpose.The most exaggerated example we see in bodybuilding, which in my opinion is a kind of disorder, such as vigorexia.I fear that they are much more sectarian forms of seeing the life than that of those who participate in this forum, to which we are joined by a common disease: diabetes: mrgreen:

Anyway, what is very strange to me is that, if you take fast hydrates at the end of the exercise, give you downturn, and if you do not take them, do not give you.I have only seen that in those who suffer from reactive hypoglycemia, which I do not know if it will be your case.

In any case, perhaps you could consult an endocrinologist to get you out of doubt.

Greetings

DiabetesForo
08/22/2009 8:32 a.m.

The last time I went to the endocrine, they sent me milk+Colacao after each meal to "gain weight."

Ahem, recommend a lactose food (difficult thing to digest when you are no longer a baby) and pure sugar ... no comments.

Endocrine do not know (or do not want) to treat athletes.Regarding your child's diet, where do you want me to take out enough protein to recover the muscle wear that the gym represents?It is normal to eat more meat than an average person that practices another type of exercise.Regarding the pasta I am not increasing, it is a myth.There are healthier and better foods.

All the best!

sepstre's profile photo
sepstre
08/22/2009 11 a.m.

No, if it seems perfect to me to eat more meat.What does not seem good to me is that the diet is so limited, so exclusive of certain traditional dishes that are healthy and so prone to those shakes and additives that seem so dangerous to me.
As for lactose, unless you have intolerance, it is something that differentiates us from animals, which we can take from adults.
I believe that milk and its derivatives (cheese, yogurt, etc.) are highly nutritious and highly recommended foods, unless there are problems that recommend avoiding them.
Greetings

DiabetesForo
08/22/2009 11:21 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.