The Levemir where is it click?

aaandres's profile photo   05/11/2012 4:24 a.m.

Hello everyone again.I am Carmen, the mother of Andrés, 11.I am a little clueless since for seven months, which is when my son debuted in this we pricked him the Levemir and the Novorapid in his arm and everything was phenomenal.
The other day we went to a new endocrine of social security to take a look at the child and tell us how we were taking all this, since we from the beginning have taken it privately.Well, he told us that everything etched very well but that the Levemir not only punctures it in the arms, but also in the buttocks and in the legs.Since we have changed him from the chip of the Levemir, he has been out of control and I do not know if that is why, he is with muffins, or because he has given the chance.Well, I hope everything returns to normal shortly.
Ah, one more question.When you click on the buttock, do you have to take pinch, or not?Thank you very much and even very soon.

aaandres's profile photo
aaandres
05/11/2012 4:24 a.m.

Padre de Andrés, 17 años. Debut: septiembre de 2011.
Levemir (30ud. mañana y 24ud. noche) y Novorapid (en desayuno, comida, merienda y cena 40ud aprox - 24HC/día).
Medidor continuo DEXCOM G4 desde julio 2014
Hemo: 6.2 (Sept. 2013), 7.0 (Dic. 2013), 6.9 (Marzo 2014), 6,6 (Junio 2014), 6,7 (Sept. 2014), 7,0 (Dic. 2014), 7,7 (Mar 2015), 6,9 (Jul. 2015), 7,0 (Sept 2015), 7,4 (Dic 2015), 6,8 (Mar 2016), 6,6 (Julio 2016), 6,8 (Octubre2016)... 7,0 (Mar 2018)

Levemir just like Lantus is recommended in the buttocks because absorption slows down and lasts longer.
It is not necessary

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/11/2012 5:20 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I punish myself very well in the culete, without pinch and without pain.

DiabetesForo
05/12/2012 5:24 p.m.

Since I discovered the buttocks to prick the Levimir I am delighted, it is big soft and it does not hurt it, I do not change it anywhere, it hurts that I cannot take it out on everything sides hehehehe

Quim's profile photo
Quim
05/13/2012 1:34 p.m.

Slow action insulins such as Lantus and Levemir are recommended that they click on legs and buttocks.I used Lantus and started to injure it into the belly.Since I started with my legs, everything was much better.And already in the buttocks, I don't even tell you.I had to leave the legs because they began to form fat packages that were very uncomfortable, and I started with the buttocks.And the truth is that I still do better.I have had the dose.

JMG90's profile photo
JMG90
05/14/2012 8:35 a.m.

Holas
That is why I stopped clicking on my legs, very ugly packages began to leave and also bruises, I remember that the first year I got many bruises in my belly and in my legs hahahaha it looked like a panda hahahaha

Quim's profile photo
Quim
05/14/2012 3:11 p.m.

Friends:
Forgive my ignorance.

I would like to try the lantus in gluteo, but I do not know if doing so looking at me in the mirror or applying it "where it falls", so I would thank those who already experienced their instructions on the case.

Cordial salu2.

Pedro

Borgia's profile photo
Borgia
05/14/2012 4:38 p.m.

Hi Borgia, I do it where I fall.One day on a buttock and the other in the other.I am not contortionist but I arrive quite well.

DiabetesForo
05/14/2012 5:15 p.m.

Like Haribita, I punctuate one day on the left and another on the right, and thus I avoid the formation of the same packages that I had on my legs.In case I forget on which side I click on the previous day, I have taken the right days of the month and left over the odd days.

As for the way to do it, it is not complicated either.I usually click on the highest part of the buttock, which is easier to reach, and it is also visible and you do not need a mirror.

JMG90's profile photo
JMG90
05/15/2012 6:14 a.m.

Well, the truth that gives a little fear of the former but everything surpasses.

The thing is to spread the arm back, straight, with the needle looking at the buttock.If you look at your extended arm, it coincides with your buttock, therefore it is only to make the movement.
A trick that I discovered for the first days is to be standing a little on a table or furniture, so you don't think it will hurt and throw your body by instinct forward.
I hope I have explained well.
You will tell me how it works.
Quim hugs

Quim's profile photo
Quim
05/17/2012 12:32 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.