Is insulin inevitable?

QuiMax's profile photo   09/01/2009 7:02 a.m.

Hello,

My name is Max and I have diagnosed 6 weeks.They gave me metformin, but my doctor says it doesn't work much.Tomorrow I have endocrine.

I guess I am type II, but nobody has told me.Ask, for you easy:

- Can I take a zero tail?
- Is it inevitable that before or after I need insulin?If so, wouldn't it be better to start directly?My doctor has suggested it, but I don't know if I understood well.
- The feet bother me, I can't cross them two minutes and I notice them weird.Should I worry?

More than scared or worried, I am pissed off.A nose anger.As if life was not complicated enough.

Thank you very much, Nens, I think I will go through here.

Max

QuiMax's profile photo
QuiMax
09/01/2009 7:02 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi Max

how old are you?
With less than 40 years it is normal for you to be type 1.
With more than 40 it is normal for you to be type 2.
There is also the possibility that you are type 1.5 (it is not coña, there is this type).
Sometimes it is not so easy to determine the type ... although there is a laboratory analysis (peptide c) that helps a lot, also the antibody tests ... in short, what tools there are.

Tomorrow when you go to the endocrine, ask yourself expressly if you are type 1 or type 2 .... Insister because I think it is important.
In type 1, the pancreas does not work, but nothing at all ... so external insulin is mandatory, yes or yes.
In type 2, either the pancreas produces little insulin or insulin does not take advantage of, or the 2 things ... in this type of diabetes, with good control of the disease you do not have to end insulin.Although after 40 or 50 years of evolution, the pancreas will stop producing insulin ...

Yes, you can take Cocacola Zero, also Coca Cola Light ... or the homemade (first light drink in history).

Hormigueo and cramps in legs and feet?It is usual with high blood glucose figures ... if you normalize the usual thing is that they disappear

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/01/2009 8:30 a.m.

The anger is normal.
Come on, that the people who take it very well, sooner or later explodes, so don't worry and let yourself be ..., and then begin to consider that your life will change slightly and that you can take the reins again.

In the rest, I agree with Owash.

Health

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/01/2009 10:24 a.m.

Welcome to your new home.

I must be rare type too, I just debuted on the border of the 40, and in principle I am type 1, although when I left the hospital I did it with Lantus 28ui and Novorapid in the 8ui meals in each one.

Now I have removed the lantus at all, and only use 2 IU in each meal.My glycemia before the meals are ethnre 100 and 115, and two hours after meals are usually between 120 and 140. From time to time I have one day with 180 or 200, but they are sporadic days, I have not yet managed to know whatThey are due exactly: stress, delay in the action of insulin, type of different food ...

Do not get so much, simply start controlling you a little, and you'll see how you continue with a normal and healthy life.

Greetings.

Nacho_71's profile photo
Nacho_71
09/03/2009 6:24 a.m.

Thank you very much for the answers

Max

QuiMax's profile photo
QuiMax
09/13/2009 4:56 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.