I request help please !!!

DiabetesForo's profile photo   09/11/2009 8:20 p.m.

Hello, first of all greetings to everyone since I just entered this forum.
The reason for my entrance is because I am very worried with my mother's case, she is a 52 -year -old woman and is a diabetic several years ago, but now 6 months ago she has started to wear insulin, and it seems that her body does notTolerates it since there is no way to lower the tension.Is always about an average of 300 !!And the day depends on 400 !!And the truth is that I am very worried about her, and it is also very nervous and this harms her even more.As is logical, he has gone to the doctor several times but they do not give a solution, they raise the amount of not, they put the rapid etc ... but nothing, he stays in 250. He is now pending to be visited for the first time inThe endocrine (it has cost theirs, I do not understand) but they tell him that perhaps his poble comes derived from the malfunction of the pancreas, I do not know that I have no idea on the subject.For this reason, I have been reading but I don't see similar cases.That is why I have decided to enter to see if someone is in this situation and can give me some advice to give my mother.Any thing will serve me, really.
Thanks in advance and I hope you have luck.
all the best,

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/11/2009 8:20 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello Ivan
I imagine that your mother has type 2 diabetes ... (it would be necessary to know how long it would have been taking diabetes pills).

People with type 2 diabetes have a problem in insulin segregation, or have insulin resistance or both at the same time.
The pancreas is the one that secretes insulin.
With the passage of time, the operation of the pancreas is weakening ... It is like the motor motors, if we demand a lot will lower their performance much earlier ... and after x years we will have to change pieces, etc.
In the case of type 2, it is usually started with diet+pills and with years of evolution it is usual to go to insulin (where it is best controlled) with or without pills.

The figures you comment are high, too much. You can put the treatment you are carrying and be able to comment with more data.
But I suspect that they prescribed a basal insulin (Lantus, Levemir or Mix25) and continues to take oral antidiabetics (Dianben, Diamicron, Prandin ... there are many)
Is it possible that you are taking corticosteroids by some ailment?

I have read cases of insulin intolerance, but they are very rare so I don't think your mother has it.

The visit to the endocrine has to serve to see what kind of insulin is best (also recommended that you program eye reviews, kidneys, blood pressure, feet review) and why insulin has to be injected ... that you are not afraid to ask, against more you know it will be for everyone.

In all hospitals there is usually the figure of the educational nurse in diabetes, as the name implies, it is responsible for explaining how we should work with diabetes ... as the rapid insulin is adjusted to food and exercise, how the foods that food work inWe eat, injection technique etc ... recommended visiting her (I say because they are always women)

You will tell us.

DiabetesForo
09/12/2009 4:12 a.m.

Thank you for your answer Owash, I will collect all the info that you tell me with her, and I will tell you.

THANK YOU,
Ivan

DiabetesForo
09/12/2009 10:14 a.m.

Hello again, now I have the information, there it goes ..

1. Yes, type 2 diabetes
2. Taking pills, 12 years ago
3.isulina has tried 2: lantus first, without going well, and current
4 oral antidiabetics, take 2: generic dianben (meformin 850mg) takes 3 pills per day (tomorrow, noon and night) and prandin (2mg) take 2 tomorrow, 2 noon, and 1 at night.
5. Does not take corticosteroids

Let's see if you can or can, orient me better.
Thank you very much.

DiabetesForo
09/13/2009 7:23 a.m.

I imagine that the Levemir will prick it only a day, although it is an insulin designed to divide it into 12 hours ...

Insulin is likely to miss ...
Levemir is a basal that covers the minimum needs of the body ... but only the minimums.
Diaben and Prandin's doses are almost at the limit ...
If you continue having very high values, it is lacking insulin, this is especially seen at 2-3 hours after eating or dinner.

Important that the endocrine value if it is true that it lacks insulin or is any other possibility.

There are times that in type 2 a season with a basal insulin pattern+fast "recovers the memory" of the pancreas and recovers part of its lost functions.
In this case, the levemir would be pricked (1 or 2 times a day) and fast insulin every time he ate (breakfast, food, at least)

Another aspect to consider is whether your mother has obesity ... which would indicate an insulin resistance.

Of the latest treatments with very good results are the incredine (Januvia, Liruglutide) ... It can be an option to value by the doctor.

DiabetesForo
09/13/2009 2:26 p.m.

Thank you again, for what I see we must be patient and wait for the 28 that is when you have the dust.

greetings,
Ivan

DiabetesForo
09/13/2009 4:42 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.