Upon without apparent reason

Soraya's profile photo   05/19/2012 7:59 a.m.

Hello!I am new in this forum and I need help !!I was detected diabetes 13 years ago and I have been insulin bomb for 5 and I can't regulate sugar levels.Without apparent reason I get a lot to levels of 450. The same thing happened to me a few days ago.Two hours after having eaten very healthy (stew, fish and an orange) I got 495. I check the pump, I check that it is fine, the calculations are correct, so I do not find an explanation.Someone help me please !!!!:(

Soraya's profile photo
Soraya
05/19/2012 7:59 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi Soraya,
What amount of stew did you eat? .. Was Chorizo, black pudding, etc ...?What fish did you eat later and how, booked, steamed?That climb.

olmo's profile photo
olmo
05/19/2012 9:49 a.m.

Welcome to the forum
Do the increases with the change of catheter coincide?Or perhaps the end of the 3 -day cycle of the catheter?

I suppose you will also have proven that the basal sections have not been erased ...

In these situations it is best to point everything you do and what happens to you trying to find the explanation ... although sometimes I don't have it, simply file x

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/20/2012 2:38 a.m.

Hi Soraya, I don't know what you can owe but I tell you my experience.

I have been with the bomb for almost a year and nothing had never happened but the other day I changed the catheter at breakfast and it was not until I got up from my nap, when I saw that I had 430!I was putting Bolus all afternoon and I didn't understand why I didn't go down.
I went to the hospital and there they managed to lower it to 125 with intravenous insulin and serum.I went to bed and the next morning again so I decided to change the reservoir and everything even had a day with him, and I saw that he was wrong, the catheter had stayed out of the skin.

I guess this option will have already considered it, just in case.Anyway, are those increases occasional or often occur?Let's see if you have to modify the Wizard Bolus ratio.

And one last thing, that has ever happened to me that it has coincided with an air bubble because not only does it not enter insulin, but you are also ingesting food!

I hope everything is resolved soon!

Pepita's profile photo
Pepita
05/20/2012 3:25 p.m.

Pepita if after changing a catheter you climb you to 400 and do not go down with the corrections you should always change but always the catheter because most likely it is bad, or in the hospital they told you?Because if he lowered you with intravenous insulin, it will be more than evident than what failed was the catheter ...... It has happened to me a couple of times in the 7 years that I have been with a pump and what I do is correct with penand change the catheter that is usually folded.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/20/2012 4:26 p.m.

Good and possible air bubbles or broken insulin?

samozeus's profile photo
samozeus
05/20/2012 7:30 p.m.

DM1 desde el 81 antes de naranjito.
Con bomba desde 2012
Minimed Veo parading
Minimed 640g desde 06/2015
Minimed 640g desde 19/03/2016 la 2a
Minimed 780g desde el 23/03/2021
Hemoglobina 12/01/2021->6.1
28/07/2021-> 6.4

Today I put a new post with the same problem (I did not realize this) and everything comes related to the same
The same amount of insulin, all heavy as always and sugar goes up that goes up and correcting at two hours of eating
But of course with the same insulin and went down but very slowly, I am sure that it is because of the immense bubble that I had and already with the safest readers even than that would be the problem.

aurora2's profile photo
aurora2
05/21/2012 5:22 p.m.

Thank you all!The conclusion I take is that the problem was in the catheter.It seems that I have the levels better, but I have to get the hemo down that I have it 8. To keep fighting!

Soraya's profile photo
Soraya
05/23/2012 5:39 p.m.

As poorly calculated, HC is not normal these increases.The pump has these inconveniences, in addition to always carrying it, the petaca has reviewed it very often, risk of ketosis, they are not so many advantages.It must be a problem that it has not arrived

hoyos9's profile photo
hoyos9
01/01/2017 4:43 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.