Change of treatment and doubts.

Juan A.'s profile photo   09/23/2009 11:37 a.m.

Yes, there is nothing more to see your hemo to know whether or not you are a good example, Prado

Health

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/28/2009 11:18 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

It is not important if they are 10 or 15 gr because it is only an orientation to adjust the treatment ... Each organism is different, even every day is different from the previous one.

From that theory you have to adjust the doses of insulin to what we eat ... it will always vary or upward or down.

DiabetesForo
09/28/2009 4:32 p.m.

Hello again:

I tell you how the thing is going to see what you think.

At night 23 h I put 24 IU of Lantus and the corresponding fast before dinner that is usually at 22.30.

In the morning I arrived well (120 - 150), I still have breakfast 1 glass of milk alone and 4 maria cookies and now I put 4 fast, I arrive at the food with 156-205 always doing almost the same thing about walking etc ...,To eat I put on 5-6 UI of Rapida, after eating about 150/200 and the thing is that when I arrive at the Fluctua dinner about 300 a little above or a pelin down.As someone commented I think the Lantus does not cover me 24h.

What is usually done in these cases?

Today I have been in the header doctor and tells me that we are going to change the Lantus in the morning and see how it goes, I imagine I will have to check all the rapids.

What do you think?

Greetings and thanks to all those who answer me.Juan

Juan A.'s profile photo
Juan A.
09/30/2009 10:45 a.m.

Juan, my daughter came very well for the change of Lantus in the morning, it lasts 24 hours.A slightly larger dose could be put and thus extend its effect.
The rapids can go down a bit if you increase the Lantus.
Greetings :)

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/30/2009 11:19 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I used Lantus a few months just before the bomb and did not last 24 hours, I put 12 units and the best schedule was at the time of 14 hours, so I arrived perfectly when eating, of course with theHelp of breakfast ultra -grape and I got up very well too.At first I put it at night and did not arrive 24 hours since I was doing sports late in the afternoon, in the morning it didn't work for me either.

DiabetesForo
09/30/2009 noon

First it is to see if the Lantus dose is correct.
So you seem that you adjust the ultra -grape well but the last hours of the Lantus do not get well ... those 300 are excessive.
You could try to climb 1 or 2 units to see if you manage to get a little better to dinner, although raising the doses, in the case of Lantus, it does not usually translate into more action time ... but each one is a world.

One of the things that is usually tried not to change the Lantus schedule is to cover the last 3 hours with ultra -granted insulin.
That is, if you have dinner at 9 pm and click at 9 pm the ultrast, you will have 3 hours of ultra -granted insulin ... and you would put the lantus at 00.00 hours.

If during the morning it is when you exercise more it would be a good idea to pass the Lantus at noon.

A question, Juan, snacks?With the lantus+rapid pattern, almost any intake of hydrates forces to puncture insulin

DiabetesForo
09/30/2009 4:31 p.m.

Hello friends:

Well, for the schedules that I have not ceno until 22.30 or 22.45.And not as anything between 9h breakfast and 12.45h food even dinner.The doctor in principle told me that he had to make 5 shots, which is ideal for everyone, but I don't have free time to do so.

Increasing 2 units of Lantus The only thing that produces me is that it arrives lower in the morning.

I will try to do as the doctor says to pass the Lantus to breakfast and if it does not work I will comment what you say to put it at noon.

We will continue to inform ...

Thank you very much to everyone.Juan

Juan A.'s profile photo
Juan A.
09/30/2009 5:21 p.m.

Hi Juan, in my view you have these higher than advised (ideal is that they are closer to 100, even if I hurry 80 or 90), so I think it is missing slow insulin ... ifOut me, I would try to better adjust the slowHours, I would put something quick one hour or 2 before dinner .... What controls do you have in the post-cena?
If you do not cover you 24 hours and change the lantus in the morning you will have to be careful at night since you would match the hours when the Lantus does not reach you, with the sunrise.The first hours of the morning (Alba) are the most insulin resistance is usually produced, so you will have to take it into account since you will not have insulin reserve ... I do not know if I have explained.
In any case, I think it's better at noon, than in the morning.You will have the afternoon/dinner and the morning/breakfast, maybe you would have to adjust something when eating or increasing some breakfast bolus so that your post is somewhat lower and can controversar the rise that can produce the little effectiveness ofLa Lantus in those hours already.
Come, good luck and keep counting.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
10/01/2009 5:08 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Hi Velia.

What is that of breakfast "bolus"?.I think there is terminology that you use that I do not know it.

Maybe I want to adjust everything very quickly and I would have to give more time to be clear how my body works.

I will tell you.

A hug.Juan

Juan A.'s profile photo
Juan A.
10/01/2009 8:39 a.m.

Hello Juan ..... Sorry !!!:-/ .... Bolus is the form used to say that we supply insulin (to eat or correct) when we use insulin pump .... eg.I am going to put a "2 -units breakfast bolus .... I don't know if you know that the bomb uses a single type of insulin (quickly) supplied in 2 different ways, the basal (which would be your lantus) and theBolus (which would be the fast you use) ....

When we used Lantus the endo recommended us to maintain the pattern changes for 2 or 3 days, since the body has to get used to the new dose ... and yes, little by little you will see how your body is working before the different types ofMeals, exercise, tension, etc ... It is best to be observed, measure the pres and pos and carry a self -control librettite to compare and make the most appropriate decisions.You'll see how you get up to day.
A hug.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
10/01/2009 10:39 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Hello Juan:
You are going well, you need to refine a little and I also think like Velia that you may miss some of Lantus, I would upload some Lantus units until you get up between 80 and 100 and 'see how I get to food and dinner, afterA few days of observation and if I continue with the present, the schedule would change at noon.But you have to have a little patience and wait a few days with the changes.When you already adjust Lantus then you will see if you have to vary the rapid of the meals.

DiabetesForo
10/01/2009 11:10 a.m.

Ok, thanks for the clarification and the spirits, to all.

At the moment I will see what happens by putting the Lantus in the morning, I already tell you.

Hugs.Juan

Juan A.'s profile photo
Juan A.
10/01/2009 7:59 p.m.

Juan, forgives that he has disappeared a few days, but they have responded great (not to vary the constates).

Do not make many changes at the same time, if not, you will never know what has been the one that has produced the effect.You see the changes of one by one, and wait three or four days to see the effects.

Greetings.

Nacho_71's profile photo
Nacho_71
10/02/2009 5:36 a.m.

Hello again, for days that I did not enter due to lack of time.

Well, I've been putting the lantus for a few weeks in the morning and the truth is that it is much better than when I put it at night.Although in theory there should be no Lantus at night the truth is that I have to go to bed with about 150 and I wake up over 90 or less, so something if it should be.

The novorapid is the one that I still have to take the point because I have been eating the same thing and walking similarly I see that it makes me more effect.
I do not know if it is normal that by changing insulin at weeks it makes more effect, this is the sensation I have.

With the Lantus I think the same thing happens to me.The first days I got up with a glycemia superior to the one I had bed and now it is inferior.

Anyway, I am very happy with how the thing and my new doctor are going, my diabetes control has taken a 180º turn.

Now I wanted to ask you, what do you wear in case it gives you a glycemia?, I usually wear sugar envelopes, but sometimes some breaks and the sandy pocket stays.Is there anything more practical?

Greetings.Juan

Juan A.'s profile photo
Juan A.
10/30/2009 7:40 p.m.

Hello Juan:
To insulin changes you have to give them time to see how it is doing effect and it is logical that you adjust the rapid down because you have already well adjusted the basal.I wear glucosport pills, I don't like to wear sugar envelopes because they break too.

DiabetesForo
10/31/2009 6:22 a.m.

Hello Juan

Changes in insulin guidelines must be allowed to rest for a while, the body is not a machine and needs some time to settle the changes, especially if they imply schedule changes.
It can also influence that you have lost some weight and that is why insulin does some more effect.
In addition, exercising regularly increases insulin absorption

As Prado tells you, the Gluosport is ideal to carry it in backpacks, bags, bandits or similar ... it is sold in pharmacies and you have it in ampoules or pills.
It is pure glucose, it takes very little to take effect even if you need some carbohydrate contribution so that it does not come down again.
I always carry Glucoesport and Cookies Maria (of the most normal).

I usually recommend to people to take a piece of small fruit (tangerine type or small apple) and that in the middle of the exercise they eat it ... it provides liquids and a minimum of carbohydrates that prevents declines.

DiabetesForo
10/31/2009 6:42 a.m.

Ok, thanks to both.

I will look at that of the Glucosport in the pharmacy, to see if you can carry in the pants pocket and the price.

Greetings.

Juan A.'s profile photo
Juan A.
10/31/2009 10:33 a.m.

Hi Juan A.
I answer you about the doubts of the novorapid, in case our experience can serve you (mother and son).
The novorapid will have to put it before or after the taking of food depending on the glucose levels you have;that is to say.If you are high (+ 140) you will have to put it 10 miniators before eating and if you are low you must wait to eat a little first;All this because the effect of the novorapid is very fast.

Anyway I think you should talk to your doctor to study the possibility of an insulin bomb

CHUS.-

DiabetesForo
10/31/2009 9:02 p.m.

Thanks Chus for answering.What you tell me already.

I will comment with the doctor.

Greetings.Juan

Juan A.'s profile photo
Juan A.
11/01/2009 4:18 a.m.

Hi Prado, regarding that you say you do it by eye ... In the end with experience you can count the rations?I thought we had to get to that level :) I continue to measure with the glass or weighing but I try and practices time to do it simply by eye ... It is not recommended?

All the best.

Ana Poppe's profile photo
Ana Poppe
11/01/2009 3:28 p.m.

Anapp

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.