People's reactions

DiabetesForo's profile photo   09/27/2009 3:17 p.m.

Hello everyone, I wanted to ask you how you told the DB to the family and friends and what their reactions were.I haven't told anyone yet ...

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/27/2009 3:17 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Normally.
If you do not give you dramatic dyes, others will see it as normal.
It is not necessary to sit the family to tell it, but when, when it arises, for example in a meal, or when they invite you to have coffee, you say, for example: "To me saccharina, please, that I have diabetes"
I don't know, it's my opinion.I suppose it will also depend on the circumstances and the environment of each one.

Greetings

DiabetesForo
09/27/2009 4:34 p.m.

Well, my family and my closest circle found out when I was diagnosed because I almost went into a coma in the hospital and the people who have known me later know it in the most natural way, for some comment that they make me when I see the bomb or if IThey see my finger click, but always in a very natural way, because I don't give too much importance to the subject ... I never understood that it was something to hide ... if they ask me I say it and ready ....

DiabetesForo
09/27/2009 6:16 p.m.

I was diagnosed with me + 20 years ago, at that time my family learned too.There was no strange type of reaction, and my father bought me a book about food.Now I say it when I get to the story, or if I change my work to my bosses and classmates to know about the hypos and hyper.

I do not know if it is afraid of you for some reason, but it is something of the most normal, there are millions of people, I mean how to comment that you have gone to the cinema, the hairdresser or that you have bought a new television or talk about time.

Juan A.'s profile photo
Juan A.
09/27/2009 7:15 p.m.

They found out the same day I told it, there is no reason to hide it, there are others quite worse and completely ignored by society.

All the best,

Cloud

Nube's profile photo
Nube
09/28/2009 7:44 a.m.

Diagnosticada en Agosto del 2009, solicite la curva de glucosa, diabetes melitus II, actualmente tomo Jentadueto, dos al día. Glicosilada 6,4

What good ideas!, Thank you very much.

DiabetesForo
09/29/2009 5:15 p.m.

Be yourself, follow your normal life, there is nothing to hide, and little by little your circle of people will know.

What is good is to educate those you have closer at work, friends, etc. so that they know that they can happen to you and that they have to do.At work I have glucagon in case there is any severe hypo, and I explained to several colleagues as they had to put it on, if it happens, any of them can act.

Friends the same, tell them how the subject is going and you educate them a little about the subject (I do not like to call it illness, since I do not think it is) in this way social myths are broken, they know the subject, and they know howTake a hand in case of trouble, and how to facilitate life.When I'm going to have dinner at someone's house I never miss a good salad and coca-cola zero in the fridge: Mrgreen:

Greetings.

Nacho_71's profile photo
Nacho_71
10/02/2009 5:42 a.m.

Auto I know it as the most normal thing in the world also in my family apart from my mother my aunt and my grandmother were also diabetic so it is something that more or less expected it but I think you should say it as something normal andSafe current that if you treat the subject normally they will do the same

DiabetesForo
10/04/2009 11:03 a.m.

In the end I had to tell in my house because I cannot keep the insulin in the fridge and say "uy, what is this ???I put there were reactions of all kinds:

- negative: " you have closed many doors in the work."
- Shock: " How? Peer ... how should it?"
- Depressive: " A lifelong disease "
- Spontaneous " aiba the host !!!!"(sorry for the taco, but it is literal)
- Optimists: " well, it's like the one who has a dog and has to take it for a walk at all hours."

I guess the beginnings are difficult for everyone, but well.I generally get it well, except for not being able to do sports, of course.

DiabetesForo
10/05/2009 11:55 a.m.

The excuse of being able to do sports ... ahem, example:

Things are neither good nor bad ... but the color with which you look ... although there are, and on all sides, the acceptance of diabetes will be better or worse as we accept it ourselves.

DiabetesForo
10/05/2009 12:50 p.m.

Thanks for the links and for the other comments.I know that every diabetic who wants to take care of himself and that some are great athletes, it is just that I am now all the time in hiccups or hyper and I have nothing clear about the subject, but hey, I will throw patience, what a remedy!;)

DiabetesForo
10/05/2009 3:51 p.m.

Nothing, when you take the calm to how your body reacts, you can do all the exercise you want, because, in addition, it is very healthy.

Health

DiabetesForo
10/05/2009 6:11 p.m.

I walk every day from 2 to 3 kilometers, I go to my march, it depends on the day and how I find my way faster or slower.

As for the family response, well, it is a disease through the maternal branch and we already knew that someone could fall, it takes it to assimilate it but one gets used to it.Ignorance is very daring, remember it.

! Auto Auto! You will see that you can soon do some exercise.

Greetings,

Cloud: p

Nube's profile photo
Nube
10/06/2009 3:37 p.m.

Diagnosticada en Agosto del 2009, solicite la curva de glucosa, diabetes melitus II, actualmente tomo Jentadueto, dos al día. Glicosilada 6,4

Hello car:

Cheer up, do not discourage you, exercise, then do, I think, you just need to spend time, and get to know and be caught the calm to all this.
You have to behave the most normal, at home, at work, that you see you ever you are analyzing glycemia, let's see that for you it is the most normal.Above all, every pen for it, and above all, the glucagon, so that it serves and how they would have to put it in the event that severe hypoglycemia passed you.
I, like Nacho_71, also have a glucagon at work, of which I have spoken to the classmates with whom I have more confidence, in case something happens, that they know how to react, and with them I talk about the subject, just likeThey tell me that they hurt a tooth, or that they go to the cinema ......, you have to assume it in a natural way, and you will see how those around you will see it the same as you and they will not give it the least importance.

If you need anything else, you know where to meet.

DiabetesForo
10/06/2009 5:28 p.m.

Auto, I loved the answer that "good, is like the one with a dog and has to take it for all hours."
It really is something you have to be aware and take care of, the bad thing is that you have to take it everywhere.Even on vacation, and you can't leave it to a friend to take care of it:?.
As for sport, as they have told you, it is fundamental and very positive to practice it.Juan is 15 years old and with diabetes since 11, he practices basketball to a good level and I always think that his good glycemia are due to that.One of the first things they told him when he debuted was that he did not stop practicing it, so cheer up!

DiabetesForo
10/07/2009 5:14 a.m.

Hello car, first welcome to the forum.
My beginnings, they were ... I almost didn't remember, my mother has already rained since that, but hey, I do remember the sadness and rage of my very close parents and relatives, even from my neighbors, they made diverse comments of the type._Purita with how small it is ... :)) You will see how that was something that had to do not?, but as they say there is ignorance and unfortunately there is still much about the diabets.
The good thing was that I had a very good action from the beginning and even being so small, (about 8 years)Among my family, friends, the profess in school, later in the insti, the novietes, heh, heh, everything is changing and the diabets is still there, then my option was to tell at all times and the appropriate people that I have diabets, neverHide, but don't put proclamation out there, you already understand me.
In work, for now there has been no objection and on the sport theme (now I do not do almost, but years ago I had a lot of sport and exercise years ago)
Well, I hope that little by little everything is normalized in your environment and that you continue to have a positive attitude, even when they give us morale dos.
A hug: d

Samira's profile photo
Samira
10/07/2009 8:47 a.m.

The first months is a bit more complicated to throw yourself into the exercise, especially if you do not control the hypos.

I was pulling under the first months, until I went down the doses of insulin, now that I have already stabilized with the exercises seriously.Every night I put myself on an elliptical bicycle half an hour at a good pace (between 70 and 80% of my capacity) and there is a barbarity, not only for well -being, but because I have Pu between 80 and 100 (whichIt makes me consider to lower some doses).

I encourage, that in a short time you can exercise regularly.

Greetings.

Nacho_71's profile photo
Nacho_71
10/08/2009 3:24 a.m.

Thank you everyone for your advice, for your moods and for being there.I have already changed the dose of insulin three times and I hope that the latter is the good one and I feel good.I have been told that at the moment no sport (only for a few days) and that then the aerobic exercise will be good for me but the weights is already another issue ... :( the best news of the day is that ¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡I finally have an educator nurse in diabetes !!!!Made weird to eat like this because until now eating was something instinctive and not anymore, but hey, I comfort myself thinking about the Tipín that will stay: d.

DiabetesForo
10/13/2009 4:30 p.m.

Ufff I remember when I checked the amount that was the meter glass with the paella rice: shock:

In the end I ate the grains that were stuck to chicken and vegetables :)) and ate much more than what fits in the glass: Mrgreen:

very sad about the meter vessel and the rations
Luckily you then get an expert in the ojimeter

By the way, car, the ideal is to modify the insulin guideline daily, well more than ideal is necessary ... almost no day you eat the same amounts of carbohydrates or have the same blood glucose before eating, nor are you going to exerciseThen ... but with time and a cane everything is learned.

And with good glycemia control and glycosylated you can practice musculation without problems.

DiabetesForo
10/13/2009 5:05 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.