Victoza and Lantus

DiabetesForo's profile photo   06/03/2012 6:39 p.m.

Is anyone injecting Victoza with Lantus?Until a month ago, Lantus was injected with me and took metformin, the lantus was putting it for a year but in that year I had fattened almost 10 kilos, my doctor decided to send me victorza and great because I have no adverse effect and I have also lost aMug, but glucose levels are not so good, so we have decided to combine the two plus metformin, in the Victoza prospect they do not know the effects of it with insulin, here in the United Kingdom it seems that we are a bitOf guinea pigs, in Spain I do not know if the 2 combinations are being put or not, so I would appreciate someone to inform me.Greetings

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
06/03/2012 6:39 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Yes, the prospect makes it clear:
The addition of liraglutida has not been studied to the treatment of patients who are already using insulin and therefore this use is not recommended.

In principle, Victoza increases insulin production so theoretically would be counterproductive ... the danger of hypos would be more important.
In fact, with sulfoniruleas +Victoza they usually be careful.

DiabetesForo
06/04/2012 2:06 p.m.

Thank you very much Owash, I am injecting 12 units of Lantus and 1.2 mg of VictazSpain must multiply by 18, that is, about 270, a hypo with those figures is impossible, on Thursday I have an appointment with my doctor and I will see what I decide, but the insulin/liraglutide combination does not seem wonderful

DiabetesForo
06/05/2012 5:44 a.m.

But for almost everyone, do we get a lot of fat with Lantus ???

It is no longer paranoia.: x

romevila's profile photo
romevila
06/05/2012 9:24 a.m.

Bomba Accu Check Insight de Roche con Novorapid.
Usuaria de bomba desde 2011 ( lleve la Combo hasta el año pasado).

I, Romevila Lastgaze 3 kilos, but I scheme the weight all the same is why I do not get fat, or I have been with Lantus for a short time ...

aurora2's profile photo
aurora2
06/05/2012 9:31 a.m.

Aurora I think it is, that with Lantus we are more aware to get well the next day and touch the hypos on more than one occasion, I think it will be that.
How long do you have been with Lantus Aurora?

romevila's profile photo
romevila
06/05/2012 11:35 a.m.

I have been two or less Romevila for two months, the same then with time I will gain something, I would not care whenever there are no more than 3-4 kilos
since when you lose weight 3 so suddenly I look strange and with little chest and that can not be haha ​​ha!Another thing I do not answer because I am painting
And I have everything unplugged.goodbye beautiful

aurora2's profile photo
aurora2
06/06/2012 4:45 p.m.

:)) :)) :)) Aurora, be careful because the glucose will lower you with the exercise of painting especially if you put the insulin in your arm.

Lantus is comfortable, a puncture and au, then fast, is one less than with a levem, but it looks like another world, my glucose are better, but I do not want to gain a gram.: Mrgreen: That precisely because of that is fattened ...

romevila's profile photo
romevila
06/06/2012 5:50 p.m.

Huy Romevila, the descents ... uf, painting if they give and more upstairs - downstairs but I am already more ready than my friend Hippo
And what I notice something directly for bread and ham, that if with the tremble in the hands as a result of the descents you do not see that I cut it to the leg of the ham hehehe

aurora2's profile photo
aurora2
06/07/2012 7:26 a.m.

On Thursday I took my doctor the controls while I have put on Victaza/Lantus, scared has taken the lantus and sent me a sulfonylurea+metformin+victtoza, fortunately everything has returned to normal, with victory/lantus I have come to have to have23 in postprandial, 23 English measure, multiplied by 18 = 414 !!!Yes, watering, and that having eaten three Maria type cookies and a glass of skim milk, and on top of it.
And as you say Romevila, I do not think it is paranoia, the Lantus puts you like a botijo ​​because you also fattening up, or at least that was my case.

DiabetesForo
06/09/2012 7:39 a.m.

Do not fatter the lantus .. only fattening what you eat if there are hypos.If with Lantus you get few hypos and eat less, you lose weight.T odo depends on how it can be regulated ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
06/09/2012 10:16 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

The lantus made me be fattened beastly.

DiabetesForo
06/09/2012 4:52 p.m.

Good glycemic control fattens, but not insulin.In this year I have used the Lantus and the NPH and I have not fattened with any.If you get a lot of insulin and you are constantly eating to overcome hypoglycemia because you take kilos without realizing it, but as soon as you adjust the doses you will see how you stay in the weight.
I with the NPH at the beginning (change from Lantus to NPH) I lost it because I did not find the dose and spent 3 weeks high.And now that I have returned to the Lantus, I have realized how good it is, without gathering, without peaks, ...

ALG's profile photo
ALG
06/09/2012 5:33 p.m.

DM1 desde 1992
Tresiba y novorapid

Roa, but did you change to Levemir at the end?Have you noticed thinning?

I changed and did not lose a gram, I have returned again for the pump theme, I will tell you that I personally believe that it is because of the insulin adjustment, which it is hard to take the number of units not as much as the time of administering itThat is the difficult thing.
It makes me an action peak at 8 hours.

romevila's profile photo
romevila
06/10/2012 4:42 p.m.

I started with the Lantus and progressively fattened until there came a time when I said here I did not pass.They changed me to Levemir and with that insulin I have not fattened again.To take away the kilos of more, I had to change insulin and take serious measures.

DiabetesForo
06/11/2012 4:23 p.m.

I sulked Biztoza and slow and fast insulin and I am doing well, more than two years ago that I put it on and without problems, the measurements were not very good so I have spent a few eight months ago xigduo (metformin and dagliflozine) andNow I have good measurements for the first time to 6.8 now Viztoza Lantus Apidra and Xigduo

Antonio lavado 's profile photo
Antonio lavado
05/25/2017 11:19 p.m.

Hello, I'm new and it's the first time I answer a topic.I hope it is useful.Insulin in general, not only lantus, is an anabolic hormone of the most powerful.That is, it incorporates everything that can, unlike catabolic hormones that wear energy.
When I started using NPH, many years ago, I gained 25 kg in a short time.Of course, my trend was never to lose weight.I then went down with sibtramine and rosiglitazone, which acted in insulin resistance, but were prohibited from heart risk.
Now that I use Lantus and Novorapid I incorporated Kombyglize and Forxiga and I could lower the insulin, I have been down more than ten kilos.
Now the diabetologist, she is thinking of giving me Victoza, suppressing I create the Kombyblize with the aim of lowering the lantus, but never told me about getting it out.
The Victaza gives me a little fear, because they told me that it has many side effects.Can anyone tell me how it has gone?
Thank you.Greetings from Buenos Aires

Pilar Vendrell's profile photo
Pilar Vendrell
01/07/2018 11:01 p.m.

Pilar V.

I forgot to say, so I commented on the insulin that fattens, because it is anabolic hormone, which I have practically not done hypoglycemia, very few in the more than thirty years of diabetes.And, in general I have been quite stable.So the kilos could not be for eating for the hypo.The same, the explanation was given to me the endocrinologists who attended me.Including the one that is attending me now two years ago.
I also changed my diet, with a nutritionist who incorporated absolutely all kinds of food, less sweet.Controlling based on quantities.With that I am getting weight.And at the age that I have is more difficult.But it's like everything.Everything is individual, and depends on how everyone takes it.

Pilar Vendrell's profile photo
Pilar Vendrell
01/07/2018 11:16 p.m.

Pilar V.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.