Some rookie doubts

LADA's profile photo   06/04/2012 10:38 a.m.

Hello, good afternoon,

On the 14th I have an appointment with my endocrine.As I told in my presentation, my indices are a riot.In my review at the last of March they told me that my diabetes is autoimmune they sent me two dianben pills and that I no longer diet any.
First it seemed strange to tell me not to weigh the HC since everyone (even in the health center) tells me that I should do it, after I am with that medication I no longer have those continuous ups and downs but, yes, theI have in 200-230 to almost all hours, with exercise, without spending a lot with the food and with half an hour walks after dinner.
I suppose that with those levels, my hemo will also be higher (before it was 6.6) although I do not understand very well what this level depends.Could anyone explain it to me?
Another thing that I do not understand much, my endocrine told me that I had insulin reservation and that only in case it exhausted would have to prick me, how do you know?I mean how it is known that your insulin has been exhausted?Can you know without analysis?
I also wonder if this level of insulin of my own (let's say so) is maintained and my glucose levels are still high, could be unknown insulin and only with those pills that I doubt that they are effective in me?

Just out of curiosity, I will talk to my endocrine at the next appointment but have more information is ever no?

Thank you so much

LADA's profile photo
LADA
06/04/2012 10:38 a.m.

Diabetes tipo 1
Levemir 12
Novorapid 3-4-4
Última hemo 5,8

A link about what glycosilated hemoglobin means:

It is possible that the insulin reserves of your body are decreasing.Those glycemia figures could mean what I tell you.
To confirm it, it would be necessary to see glycosylated hemoglobin and the C. peptide

The C peptide is seen in a normal analytics, and measures the amount of insulin produced by the body: /C_peptide.html¸ Link </a
The normal thing is that your endo has asked for it in the last analytics.

With Lada diabetes (autoimmune) the usual process is usually ending up putting external insulin as time passes, it is said that around 4-7 years is when insulin production is exhausted.

Metformin does not help produce more insulin but delays the absorption of the intestine of the food, reduces the production of glucose of the liver and increases the collection of glucose by the muscles.
If you have no obesity, the metformin little effect will do you .... it is possible that it keeps you at levels just below 250 mg/dl (it is usually considered from there when the danger of ketoacidosis begins)

Perhaps, if you maintain an still high C peptide, you can opt for incretin treatment before moving on to insulin.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
06/04/2012 1:57 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Thank you very much for the information Owash, reading here and with your help I am already clarifying some things.

The truth is that the analyzes usually do them from time to time, the work nurse or in the health center and although I once pass from 250This disease is also very emotional and that having a level or two high does not mean that your levels are always so and that you have to wait for the hemoglobin data of these last 3 months.I suppose it will be normal at the beginning for an effective diagnosis and treatment.

I am clear, because they explained it to me, that my end inject the insulin, but I will investigate that of the incretins that I do not know what it is:-/:-/ .../ ... now I will look at Google hehehe

In the analyzes they asked me for the C peptide, now I suppose that to compare levels and some antigens (I think it is called that) to control the possibility of some other autoimmune disease.

You tell me that the average to inject is 4 to 7 years but they discovered it in August last year with 152 levels and I have it higher ... that means that I exhaust my reservations more quickly?

The last doubt and already stop ... I know what a ketoacidosis is but I have heard that taking oral antidiabetics is less frequent even with high levels, this is true?And I suppose these levels would have to be high over time or once the glucose level rises can pass ???

Thank you very much for everything ... thanks

LADA's profile photo
LADA
06/05/2012 4:34 a.m.

Diabetes tipo 1
Levemir 12
Novorapid 3-4-4
Última hemo 5,8

I imagine that the levels you are talking about will be fasting .... In addition to those values, it is importantmainly carbohydrates.
That is why the value of glycosilad hemo is usually listened.

Incredine hormones:

If the glycemia and glycosylated levels are raised, it is possible that your insulin reservation is exhausted ... it is the normal process, one before and others later, little can be guess a priori.
The normal thing would be to minimize rapid absorption carbohydrates and consume especially slow absorption to try not to overload the pancreas, but if the autoimmune process develops this is no use.

Oral antidiabetics basically ensure that the liver does not release the glucose stored, in addition to improving glucose collection in the muscles ... that power is usually enough to not raise the figures up to 300, but it does not have the potential to lowerGlycemia to acceptable figures.

If your body has nothing insulin you can enter ketosis in a few days, even if you practice physical exercise with values ​​above 300 mg/dl, the process in a matter of hours could be accelerated.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
06/05/2012 1:45 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Thank you very much,

Last Thursday, I was 252 and at 2 hours 362, I went to my endocrine consultation and put insulin, my hemoglobin was at 8.6 (as Owash was provided to me).
I left with an insulin Levemir 16 units and novorapid depending on how I had the levels before each meal with 4 fixed units in addition to the Dianben.
The case that I now feel safer, because I see that my levels have "normalized" or at least I do not get scared every time I do a control ... I am very low in the afternoon with 71 or 55.Thursday I return and the same ones adjust the insulins with the measurements I carry.
Of course, it gives me a little thing to click on ... I repel or do not know very well ... it's weird.

Muchuchas thanks for everything

LADA's profile photo
LADA
06/11/2012 6:07 a.m.

Diabetes tipo 1
Levemir 12
Novorapid 3-4-4
Última hemo 5,8

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.