Celiac and diabetic, to see what you think ...

beagr's profile photo   07/17/2012 6:47 a.m.

Hello, although I have followed the forum for a long time, I have not written you.I don't know if you would remember me, I have had to make me a new user, formerly I think it was a virura ... Well it doesn't matter, I spoke a lot with Owash and other people who see that they are still at the foot of the cannon.Well, my experience, I am a diabetic woman who was diagnosed with 29 years, and had the fatal levels and that we did not give with an endocrine findings.We are from Granada and they advised us the clinical hospital and fight because they saw us there instead of Licinio de la Fuente .... Well I do not roll up.The strong thing comes now ..... results that we are potatoes of a 6 -year -old boy and a girl of 15 and a half months.A month ago, Celiaquia diagnosed my daughter, because she is 15 months old and does not reach 7.5 kg.They made an analytics and the high levels came out.It results that Celiaquia is a hereditary disease that passes from parents to children directly.Or, because the father or mother is celiac or because they are not but they have the bearer gene.We have had to do the tests, mine have come out negative, but those of my husband still did not have them.Well speaking with the doctor and for what I have investigated online.They say that my husband may be Celiac for not having followed an adequate diet (gluten without), we are not going to have discovered it in time, he has been able to trigger diabetes.Because celiac disease and diabetes are related.What do you think? I'm going crazy.Until Friday I don't have the results.So we don't know if he is celiac or just a carrier, but one of the two things is safe at least bearer because I am not.And my girl is by inheritance by force.The strong thing is not that, the strong thing is that the doctor has told me that I hope it is Celiac because it can even leave insulin when it follows a correct gluten -free diet.That is a lot of fantasy right? Well I expect your opinions, I know that they don't take.A kiss and I'll tell you on Friday.

beagr's profile photo
beagr
07/17/2012 6:47 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Holassss

Celiacy is not hereditary, genes are inherited, the probability of suffering from it, but other factors are necessary for the disease to develop.
It is not known why the disease develops ... just like type 1 diabetes, which is not known why it develops

A couple of links:

Type 1 diabetes and celiacch are related ... They say that almost 8% of patients with type 1 diabetes also suffer from celiachy
It is normal to develop diabetes first and then celiachia.

Another link to more technical studies:
I have told me the doctor that I hope it is celiac because it can even leave insulin when it follows a correct gluten -free diet
No, it has nothing to do ....
If you have well -diagnosed type 1 diabetes, you need to inject insulin ... it has nothing to do with it is celiac or not, they are 2 different and theoretically independent diseases.

It could be that it had herpetiform dermatitis (peaks on the skin) ... Celiachy is also considered because when the gluten of the diet is suppressed the symptoms disappear.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
07/17/2012 1:15 p.m.

Hi Beag, I am a mother of a diabetic and celiac boy, Alejandro is 5 years old, with 1 year debut of diabetes and last year the positive Celiaquia markers came out.
As Owash tells you, they are 2 related diseases, but at all for carrying a gluten -free diet, your husband will be ableTo say that the other will be.
Wait for the results the same is not celiac and is simply a carrier of the genes, they explained to me when they were diagnosed with my son that much of the population is the bearer of these genes but that only 20% end up developing the disease, soThat tries not to worry before time.

DiabetesForo
07/18/2012 5:43 a.m.

That is the fear that gives me.That my daughter Celiac in the future can be diabetic, that does worry me.My husband has wait for the results, I have always thought that I cannot pay much attention to my doctor, about diabetes and now I think I have more information than her.However, I thank you for your opinions, Owash who is always there and patrice for being a mother's mother.

beagr's profile photo
beagr
07/18/2012 10:35 a.m.

Hello!In my case, I have no celiacch (at least I think ... should I ask for any test to rule it out?), But I do have an autoimmnune disease more apart from diabetes: hypothyroidism.They detected it in January 2011, and I kept doing the analyzes and such, until they began to see the glucose somewhat higher, then hemo in 7'1, so they referred to the endocrine and all that roll you already know forDiagnose type 1 diabetes.

These diseases are not exactly inherited: in my case, none of my parents, uncles, or grandparents, or brothers, or anyone from my family has any of these diseases.And I do.The fact is that we can be more or less genetically predisposed to end up developing them.And also, that autoimmune diseases are quite related to each other, so being celiac may have more likely to debut with diabetes, but it does not have to be so, because for now the cause is not even known...
I wondered if I developed diabetes for having hypothyroidism and they told me that it usually happens upside down, that diabetes is first diagnosed, and then other autoimmune diseases may appear, but of course, with these things there is nothing fixed.

zetas_x's profile photo
zetas_x
07/19/2012 5:02 a.m.

Well, I'm here with the results of my negative husband.Luckily because the poor thing has enough with his diabetes to add more things.The doctor's doubt is now that it is me.Because you don't leave me negative, I get quite low levels to have Celiaquia;But of course, he has sent me to the digestive because I have more possibility of being the carrier, since the analytics are not entirely true, to confirm it at all it would be through biopsy, so he is already discarded now touches me.And I take this opportunity to ask you a question .... what do you ask with the insulin that is left over in the feathers .... is that my husband is always left over 20 of Lantus and clicks 28 so he does not dare to prick two different feathers.Or nothing happens?What do you think?

beagr's profile photo
beagr
07/20/2012 7:38 a.m.

I shoot those leftover pen.even if it does not reach me for a unit.

I think that the relationship between diabetes and celiachy is that they are diseases of the immune system, or something like that wants to sound to me.They are not inherited, at least not diabetes.

and does not have a diabetes a cediac and vice versa.

What disease is worse ??Well, you will see the diabetes worse, but I am a diabetic has always scared the celiachy, because I eye, I give me the potatoes with ketchut and I can eat them, another thing is that my sugar level that day is high, but I do not have to run to emergencies, instead the cediac as the knife has touched the neighbor's bread .... di tb that I think that has levels and not everyone is equally sensitive.

Of course, your 15 -month -old daughter present one or another disease is a m .... because I am one of those who think that if they are prone, they already hate to develop it with 10 years, who with 15 months ..... come on is an injustice.

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
06/15/2015 12:27 p.m.

The 2 are autoimmune diseases and therefore related in the sense of autoimmunity, what is true is that when there is an autoimmune disease it is easier for a 2nd to come out and there is 2, a 3rd appears, for example: diabetes + hypothyroidism, diabetes+Hypothyroidism+Addison, Diabetes+Hypothyroidism+arthritis and the same with celiac disease.
Worse?For me, diabetes, celiacs ... a very fat task, limited at lunchtime but taking care (or extracuated) have no problem, diabetics, with care and without care in the long run with problems and also taking great careTo eat, for exercise, to have children, etc, etc ...

Gala's profile photo
Gala
06/15/2015 2:24 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Another issue is how the statistics and studies deal with the number of people who have a certain disease, always treat it as if they were different people, even if the reality is another, someone would have to publish data from how many people have the combination.

fer's profile photo
fer
06/15/2015 10:26 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Hello, I am a diabetics for 24 years, debut with 11 and 1 year ago the endocrine did some tests because I was very thin and I was diagnosed by Celiaquia, my endocrine told me that there were many associated cases of diabetes and celiquia and that it was studying if they werejoined.Now since I carry the diet for celiacs I have gained a little fat, either much, but I am a great combination of insulin pump + diabetic diet + celiac = perfect.

DiabetesForo
06/16/2015 9:27 a.m.

To me, my endocrine told me K if it is related, and TMB mother or diabetic father has more incidence in celiac son

AnNa's profile photo
AnNa
06/16/2015 3:45 p.m.

@"Beag".good day.Here a diabetic-acellia and I can assure you that carrying a gluten-free diet does not improve blood glucose and less leave insulin.As for which is worse ... Celiacism is good bastard, especially because it is almost always accompanied by lactose intolerance, so the diet is very restrictive.But, with a strict diet infinitely improves the quality of life and does not develop any of its serious consequences, while with diabetes there is sometimes no way to control it.
Celiacía;Doctors ask for antibody analytics.It is known that almost always in adults these antibodies give false negatives.My diagnosis was with negative antibodies, HLA DQ2/DQ8 positive and an endoscopy with flow biopsy.Medical consensus recommends screening throughout the family, especially the little brother.Greetings.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
12/04/2016 11:20 a.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

Owash said:
holassss

Celiacy is not hereditary, genes are inherited, the probability of suffering from it, but other factors are necessary for the disease to develop.
It is not known why the disease develops ... just like type 1 diabetes, which is not known why it develops

A couple of links:

Type 1 diabetes and celiacch are related ... They say that almost 8% of patients with type 1 diabetes also suffer from celiachy
It is normal to develop diabetes first and then celiachia.

Another link to more technical studies:
I have told me the doctor that I hope it is celiac because it can even leave insulin when it follows a correct gluten -free diet

No, it has nothing to do ....
If you have well -diagnosed type 1 diabetes, you need to inject insulin ... it has nothing to do with it is celiac or not, they are 2 different and theoretically independent diseases.

It could be that it had herpetiform dermatitis (skin chores) ... It is also considered celiacy because when the gluten of the diet is suppressed the symptoms disappear.

This is very interesting.My sobri is Celiac since I was born and I have been with type 1 diabetes almost 30 years and 2 years with herpetiform dermatitis.They had an analysis for a long time ago from Celiaquía and they left negative but I have been with diarrhea for a few days and I started.Can you start being celiac already with 45 years eating everything?Well of everything not because in fact almost as gluten and I carry a low food in hydrates.

Dermat told me that with suspending gluten 2 weeks it was not enough.Minimum 2 months ....

Herpetiform dermatitis is very peculiar, not only picores, also as granites (it looks herpes and that's why they call it like that) in elbows, knees and buttocks ...

Leaving insulin ... if it is type 2 can be.

inmuchi_77's profile photo
inmuchi_77
06/04/2023 11:17 a.m.

31 años con DT1!!
Toujeo / FIASP y dieta baja en CH
Viva la vida <3

beag said:
That is the fear it gives me.That my daughter Celiac in the future can be diabetic, that does worry me.My husband has wait for the results, I have always thought that I cannot pay much attention to my doctor, about diabetes and now I think I have more information than her.However, I thank you for your opinions, Owash who is always there and patrice for being a courage.

Idem Bea, the same

Vero83's profile photo
Vero83
02/07/2024 4:41 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.