Purple

crrristine's profile photo   10/09/2009 6:58 p.m.

Hello everyone: D
It has been a little long since I am injecting Lantus at night (2 -monthtimes a day ... the thing is that I am super marked, almost in each puncture I get a purple and I am marked everywhere u_u the needle the change for each use and I follow the correct steps, I do not know if this is normal,It usually happens or what ... but the truth is that I dislike to see myself like this, so marked, and what I have now carried out a few years that will happen?I will be a walking purple XD Enfin I appreciate any type of response, thanks in advance: Mrgreen:

crrristine's profile photo
crrristine
10/09/2009 6:58 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi crrristine:

I don't think it can be of great help but ...

It is not normal for morals to leave an insulin puncture, or at least it has never happened to me, and I have been 24 years.The puncture is subcutaneous, I mean that the insulin ball does not enter into blood directly, it is not in vein.I understand that if morura comes out it is because there is an internal bleeding, I mean that there is blood, that you have punctured in vein, but of course if this were so you would realize that insulin takes effect in a very quickly way and the lantus would not have itsEffect during all the hours you should have but much less.

I once had to prick in vein, and this shows, in addition to what was said above, because you get a droplet of blood and because the puncture hurts a pelin, when the normal puncture does not hurt.

I mean, or you punish yourself or it is for another reason and what you should do is tell your doctor to see what happens.

If I get confused in something that other foreros corrected me.

I encourage and calm, ask your doctor to appoint that it will surely give you a solution.

Kisses.Juan

Juan A.'s profile photo
Juan A.
10/09/2009 8:20 p.m.

Hello, we have not used needles for a long time, but on some occasion if we caught any capillary and went purple, but not the way you tell .... What kind of needles do you use?Some are thinner than others, and what millimeters?If you are very thin perhaps with the 5 mm you have enough ...
Greetings and welcome

Velia's profile photo
Velia
10/10/2009 8:08 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Moratones came out when they were clicking.
She used 8 mm needles, which were then very large for her.When the 5 mm went on, the problem is over.

You may not be using the proper needle size, or that the injection technique is not correct, or perhaps some other cause inherent in your dermis.

Try, by elimination, look for the cause.

Greetings

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
10/10/2009 11:16 a.m.

I also got purple very easily when I punctured me until I started to click with 5 mm needles.Try to use smaller needles.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
10/13/2009 5:43 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.