{'en': 'Hello!!Diabetics with 21 years ... I need help!', 'es': 'Hola!! Diabética con 21 años... necesito ayuda!'} Image

Hello!!Diabetics with 21 years ... I need help!

yaitome's profile photo   07/22/2012 8:21 a.m.

Hello!

My name is Saray and I am 21 years old, on July 3 I was riding on horseback and I lost knowledge thanks to a rise to 400 sugar ...

When I arrived at the hospital I had 650 so I listened to a pass and start with insulin ...

The doctors were told that I could have been with the high sugar over four months, after 4 days in the hospital I have to prick 20 of Lantus in the morning and 4 of Humalog before the 3 meals and in the morning and forThe night a metformin pill.

I still don't know what diabetes I have because until August 9 I have not given me an appointment for the nutritionist and I do not get the results of the analyzes.

For now I have a little bad because there are days that I get up to 200 and I don'tInsulin to work.

I am super rookie in this and I would like someone to guide me a little with some advice because I am very lost!

Thank you very much and a huge greeting !!!

yaitome's profile photo
yaitome
07/22/2012 8:21 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello,
Sorry, the forum is a bit calm these days ... people must be on vacation !!!ha ha
The type of diabetes looks like type 1, but it is good that you have done all the necessary tests and so give you a correct treatment from the beginning.
The Lantus cannot change the schedule, but you can put it at the time that best suits you and then you have to keep it every day.For example, if you click on the morning before going to work at 8, every day you have to prick it at eight (including weekends).I better put it on about 10 at night, because normally at that time I was at home.Then you will see that the effect is not the same if you put it in the morning or if you put it at night, but you will see it over time.
And what you get to 200, until you have everything well calculated will be inevitable those climbs, and then you will also have better times and worse times.
Many encouragement and ask any questions!

tica's profile photo
tica
07/23/2012 7:25 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Welcome Saray !!!!: D
We have all felt like this when we were diagnosed with diabetes, very lost, it is normal but you will see how little by little everything is being easier.He raises all the doubts that you have that there will always be someone willing to give a hand.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
07/23/2012 9:14 a.m.

Welcome Saray !!!!: D
We have all felt like this when we were diagnosed with diabetes, very lost, it is normal but you will see how little by little everything is being easier.He raises all the doubts that you have that there will always be someone willing to give a hand.
Muxas thanks!

yaitome's profile photo
yaitome
07/24/2012 9:23 a.m.

hello,
Sorry, the forum is a bit calm these days ... people must be on vacation !!!ha ha
The type of diabetes looks like type 1, but it is good that you have done all the necessary tests and so give you a correct treatment from the beginning.
The Lantus cannot change the schedule, but you can put it at the time that best suits you and then you have to keep it every day.For example, if you click on the morning before going to work at 8, every day you have to prick it at eight (including weekends).I better put it on about 10 at night, because normally at that time I was at home.Then you will see that the effect is not the same if you put it in the morning or if you put it at night, but you will see it over time.
And what you get to 200, until you have everything well calculated will be inevitable those climbs, and then you will also have better times and worse times.
Many mood and ask any questions!

Muxas thanks !! I would like to know if I insulina lantus me signs at 9 in the morning, how can I do it to put it at 10 at night, as the oario changed ...

yaitome's profile photo
yaitome
07/24/2012 9:26 a.m.

Welcome to the forum

To change the Lantus schedule, it could be done in several days.
It is important not to run out of insulin in the body (because there is a danger of ketoacidosis).
I would be delaying it every 3 hours.
From 9 to 12, from 12 to 15, from 15 to 18 and from 18 to 22
In 4 days you would have made the change.

Another possibility would be to do it suddenly.
Put half at 9 in the morning and 75% of the dose at 10 at night
The next day you would already put 100%.

You always have to do it by watching glycemia frequently and consulting the doctor or educator.

DiabetesForo
07/24/2012 12:47 p.m.

Welcome to the forum

To change the Lantus schedule, it could be done in several days.
It is important not to run out of insulin in the body (because there is a danger of ketoacidosis).
I would be delaying it every 3 hours.
From 9 to 12, from 12 to 15, from 15 to 18 and from 18 to 22
In 4 days you would have made the change.

Another possibility would be to do it suddenly.
Put half at 9 in the morning and 75% of the dose at 10 at night
The next day you would already put 100%.

You always have to do it by watching glycemia frequently and consulting the doctor or educator.
Hello !!! Thank you very much, I am on vacation and I would like to change the insulin because I enter to work at six in the morning and I do not want to prick at work and until August 9 I do not have the nutritionist Asiesque I will be delaying itAn hour or two a day, what I wanted to know is whether you could do or had to click on me at 9 hehehe a greeting and thank you very much!

yaitome's profile photo
yaitome
07/24/2012 5:53 p.m.

Hello again! They have already given me the results and I have the diabetes of type 1, I would like if someone can give me any advice on the meals and tell me a little their experiences because I remain a little lost, thank you very much and a greeting !!!!

yaitome's profile photo
yaitome
08/09/2012 1:22 p.m.

: D
Hi, Saray.I know what you are happening.22 years ago I am type one diabetic.If you have any questions, you can make it.a hug.

angelforever's profile photo
angelforever
08/15/2012 7:37 p.m.

Hello !!!!! I have been diabetics for six months and I have given the results of the latest blood tests and I have an average of 5'8, I skew of Humalog 4-4-4 and Lentus 26 I would like someone who knowsA little guided me and tell me how my numbers are and how much you click!I also put a diet the endocrine because since I started with this issue and took too much weight and that is what I carry! But well I hope it goes down! Thank you very much to everyone

yaitome's profile photo
yaitome
01/28/2013 11:04 a.m.

Hello

5.8 glycosilada is very good, it is the glycosilated limit for a person who does not have diabetes, so it is phenomenal.

Each one clicks on a different amount of insulin, because the needs are very different, it cannot be compared.

What we do many is to vary the doses of insulin according to what we eat ... the diet by portions, which will surely have explained to you.
With time and more experience sure that you also master it.
A link:

When glycems return to lower values, the body takes better advantage of what it eats and that is why it usually fattens a bit.
So to some extent it is usually normal.

DiabetesForo
01/28/2013 12:55 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.