{'en': 'Normal doses are no longer enough', 'es': 'Las dosis normales ya no son suficientes'} Image

Normal doses are no longer enough

mojito666's profile photo   07/22/2012 2:16 p.m.

Hi how are things?

It seems to me to be in a situation similar to that of a previous user.I carry the treatment of Lantus (20 units at night) and Novorapid (variable but based on 7).

A few days ago I suffered from tonsilitis.The situation began to complicate because, although I ate healthy and less than normal, and I was injected with the correct amount of insulin, my glucose levels fluctuated between 250 and 350 after eating.

I thought it was for antibodies and hormones, in addition to medications and antibiotics, but I stopped taking them days ago and I am practically cured of tonsillitis.

However, the problem with glucose and meals persists, so I opted to increase the dose of insulin.

I experienced until normal glucose values, injected by up to 21 novorapid units before each meal.

Although it seems too much, thanks to this I have been able to maintain my values ​​between 80 and 120, but at the time of going to sleep, even if I have 90 glucose in that time, I dawn with 200.

What is the reason for this?

Why, even if it is almost cured, this is still happening?

How much longer will it last?

Should I change insulin for a slow and fast or another one of more prolonged action while this is resolved?

What relationship exists between respiratory diseases and glucose increases?

Thank you very much, I hope you help me.

Greetings.

mojito666's profile photo
mojito666
07/22/2012 2:16 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I would say that you lack the amount of Lantus and you are replacing it quickly.The good thing would be for you to lie down around 100 and get up with a similar figure, for which you should go up the units of slow every day until this occurs.Of course, you see carefully to see if you should download the quickly at the same time.

JoseManuel's profile photo
JoseManuel
07/22/2012 6:10 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello!21 fast units seems a lot but it is also a rare case.Contrary more these days and you see.If you get up in 200, you may miss Lantus, go up little by little and wait 3 days or so with each change.And changing the type of insulin seems to me that it is not the best, that is the thing of the endocrine.If you continue the same, go to the doctor.

ALG's profile photo
ALG
07/23/2012 5:46 p.m.

DM1 desde 1992
Tresiba y novorapid

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.