skin care in type 1

DiabetesForo's profile photo   07/25/2012 2:30 a.m.

Hi, I wanted to ask you if there is any remedy to eliminate lipodystrophies, and what care do you have with the parts of the skin punished by the pump cateters.
Specifically I have skin alterations in the abdomen (lipodystrophies) are hard and bulky I do not punctuate me and will have an age of 15 years as little, of course I do not click on them.The sides of the abdomen now use them for the pump, when changing the catheter is as a hardness that still remains but only in the punction area.For these use green soap but either they are fully removed.
In the gluteos when I used Levemir 20 or 30 units I have left other different alterations.They are like a blister that occupies no less than 7 or 8 cm circular and that is as hollow underneath, does not last like the abdomen.He does not take off and I do not click on her.
Anyway, the educator that this is the real problem of the diabetic, the cutaneous lesions that lead to the bad absorption of insulin.

It is not easy to rotate outside the abdominal belt since in legs and arms insulin does not enter well, cateters fail etc.
Regarding the pump cateters, I started for change 3 days, now I go for 2 days for hyperglycemia/ketosis that enter me 3 day.I see that the ideal would be to change it to the day so that the injuries were minors but I do not think they will give me 30 cateters per month.

Anyway, I would like to know what care you especially keep the most veteran.
It is clear that morphology is different for each one, I have some overweight I am man and arms and legs have very little fat.In short, I do not understand how athletes if abdominal grill entered insulin, it seems a bit difficult if the abdominal tissue behaves like my legs.

Thank you very much for the contributions

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
07/25/2012 2:30 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Treatment that I know is not much.
Any creams.

They usually say that the best treatment is usually the good control of diabetes, but beyond obviousness there is little.

In severe and advanced cases I imagine that liposuction could be a solution.

I have also read that leptin is beginning to be used, but as a medicine of compassionate use: /definicion/tratamiento/uso-compasivo¸ Link ... -Compasive </a .

Compassionate use means that the medicine is not authorized for use, but is used under the responsibility of the patient and the doctor who sign (both) the treatment.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
07/25/2012 3:19 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

It is not easy to rotate outside the abdominal belt since in legs and arms the insulin does not enter well, the cateters fail etc.

Water, I use the catheter on my thighs and arms and I absorb the insulin well, I am rotating, arms, thighs, belly and buttocks.When girl almost always put the insulin on my thighs and it happened to me, I made a sink (over time it took me away) and I never put it there, until only a few months ago that I started trying and I goWonderful with the rotation, I have never had a failure with the catheter and I have been using the pump for a year.

Greetings Owash;For the new one, a welcome, to the future mamacitas that take care of themselves and greetings to all the forms.:)

I read them later, a grandson arrived.:))

Nana's profile photo
Nana
07/25/2012 4:11 p.m.

Desde los 8 años con mi amiga Diabetes, llevamos de amistad 55 años...pa'lante siempre.

Hemo 5.9 enero 2014 Bombera 3 años.

Si algún día te sientes pequeño, inútil ultrajado y deprimido, recuerda que un día fuiste el espermatozoide mas rápido y victorioso de tu grupo.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.