{'en': 'Prediabetes', 'es': 'PreDiabetes'} Image

Prediabetes

DiabetesForo's profile photo   08/18/2012 1:15 p.m.

Hello!

I am new on the issue of diabetes, well of pre-diabetes.

It turns out that I have been diagnosed for prediabetes because my blood glucose levels are not very high, so the doctor who performs low diet in carbohydrates and physical exercise has told me.

The problem is that they told me that I did not have to keep control of my sugar levels, and I have been going down for several days to 62, (I look at her in my mother's apparatus).

I do not know how to act in these cases since they assumed that I did not have to lower my sugar.

What can I or should do if it goes down again?

Do you think it should keep control?

Greetings,

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
08/18/2012 1:15 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Holassss

The first thing is to know exactly the diagnosis ... type1 diabetes, type 2 diabetes, lada ...
how old are you?Normally type 1 diabetes usually occurs in people from 0 to 30 and many ...
The symptoms are weight loss, drinking a lot of water, eating a lot, urinating a lot ... Of course, if these symptoms are detected at the beginning, they can go unnoticed.

Normally type 2 diabetes occurs in people above 40 and so many, with obesity ... although there are also cases of type 2 without obesity.

Lada is a kind of mixture between 1 and 2 ...

The prediabetes is a badly done diagnosis, that does not exist ... I mean, an fasting glycemia between 100 and 125 is an altered blood glucose that must be investigated why it occurs.
A fasting glycemia greater than 126 is considered diabetes, provided that other parameters (symptoms, glycosylated hemoglobin analytics, antibodies ...) is confirmed.

A low glycemia is dangerous, as long as you notic
62 mg/dl is a right value at the limit of what we usually consider hypoglycemia ... When it happens you have to eat immediately carbohydrates (fast sugars and slow sugars) ... normally with a juice and 2-3 normal cookiesRecomes such hypoglycemia.

DiabetesForo
08/18/2012 1:35 p.m.

I am 30 years old.According to the doctor I have type 2 diabetes, probably inherited from my mother, but my fasting glycemia is 126, and I had the high triglycerideThe issue of meals, what I must do if I get a decrease in sugar ... I asked but they did not explain how I should act, since if I carry the meals according to the nurse you do not have a bass.The fact is that today I have a super rare day, my sugar has lowered twice, and I even have the low tension.I have eaten at my hours and this has happened to me.I thank you for answering PQ really that I feel very lost.

DiabetesForo
08/18/2012 2:08 p.m.

30 years and type 2 diabetes?
It's very rare ...

where are you from?
Have you not done more tests?With a blood glucose and that your mother has diabetes you have already made the diagnosis?: Shock ::-/: o

You should consult with another doctor, but you are convinced of what you have been told ... more weird that you have glycemia drops but also medication, although I already tell you that 62 is not hypoglycemia.
High blood glucose does not necessarily mean that the cause is diabetes ...

DiabetesForo
08/18/2012 2:34 p.m.

I am Spanish.They have only done a blood analysis and in a month I have to return to see if I have lowered weight.TB I have reached 57mg/dl.I tell you that I am super lost because they have not done more evidence or told me to have a daily control to know my levels.They are supposed to send me diet to delay the treatment for a few years, but they have not explained me well and it makes me very nervous not to keep control to know how to act.

DiabetesForo
08/18/2012 2:45 p.m.

cherries said:
hello!

I am new on the issue of diabetes, well of pre-diabetes.

It turns out that I have been diagnosed for prediabetes because my blood glucose levels are not very high, so the doctor who performs low diet in carbohydrates and physical exercise has told me.

The problem is that they told me that I did not have to keep control of my sugar levels, and I have been going down for several days to 62, (I look at her in my mother's apparatus).

I do not know how to act in these cases since they assumed that I did not have to lower my sugar.

What can I or should do if it goes down again?

Do you think it should keep control?

Greetings,

As you are, mine is similar.In 2021. Glucose was altero, I had it on 107 mg/dl, ha1c of 5.86 peptide C of 3.4, and insulin 18.3 ul/ml. And other complementary tests.*Urine, BHC, Ect.They told me that I must take care of myself with food.If I was obese it was 1 weighed 90 kg now weight 72 kg *I also got the pressure to 145/90 - 160/91, with diet, fasting, exercise.My glucose -glucose ranges are well in fact excellent.and the normal pressure less than 120/80.I'm still firm, the bad thing is that it translates in exercising strength, because only towards Cardio.Now I am trying to gain muscle mass consuming protein and carrying an excellent diet.Cai also in depression for leaving the sugars but they did me

dteran's profile photo
dteran
03/31/2023 4:17 p.m.

PREDIANTS - As they are, mine is similar.In 2021. Glucose was altero, I had it on 107 mg/dl, ha1c of 5.86 peptide C of 3.4, and insulin 18.3 ul/ml. And other complementary tests.*Urine, BHC, Ect.They told me that I must take care of myself with food.If I was obese it was 1 weighed 90 kg now weight 72 kg *I also got the pressure to 145/90 - 160/91, with diet, fasting, exercise.My glucose -glucose ranges are well in fact excellent.and the normal pressure less than 120/80.I'm still firm, the bad thing is that it translates in exercising strength, because only towards Cardio.Now I am trying to gain muscle mass consuming protein and carrying an excellent diet.Cai also in depression for leaving the sugars but they did me

dteran's profile photo
dteran
03/31/2023 4:17 p.m.

cherries said:
I am 30 years old.According to the doctor I have type 2 diabetes, probably inherited from my mother, but my fasting glycemia is 126, and I had the high triglycerideThe issue of meals, what I must do if I get a decrease in sugar ... I asked but they did not explain how I should act, since if I carry the meals according to the nurse you do not have a bass.The fact is that today I have a super rare day, my sugar has lowered twice, and I even have the low tension.I have eaten at my hours and this has happened to me.I thank you for answering PQ really that I feel very lost.

I debuted the same as you, day glycems above or in 126, triglycerides, cholesterol, always thin ... My diabetic mother also type 2 at the same age or so.In three months with low hydrates diet and exercise, all the values ​​down, but they sent me to the endocrine becausefunction progressively the pancreas.

There are many types, in the MODY 2 with diet and exercise, others need insulin ... Other oral medications ... Anyway, this diabetes is a world too.

If the sugar has dropped to 62 and you notice the typical symptoms I do not recommend that you take as much as the juice and two cookies, to me when it has lowered me, with taking a little of something, I have more than enough to get into valuesNormal, see why in the end your pancreas if it is working regular but secretes insulin is not the same as being able to correct later and sugar to me for example makes me a piece of peak that then when I still work the pancreas suddenly begins to get down very quicklyAnd I feel regular when it happens, so I take less to get little and not notice so big downturn, I don't know if I explain.
I recommend that you take a control, impossible to carry out what happens in the body without measurements, we do not give us strips, so I bought them, they gave me a glucometer whose strips are expensive but the truth thatMuch more reliable, however I bought another with more affordable strips although now on Amazon you can buy at a better price.I currently use the Aviva Connect and I like it a lot.If they stop prescribing the strips, because now I am pregnant and I have them prescribed, then I will continue buying it because I doubt that you can carry good control without that.The endocrine also told me that I had pre diabetes but well, then it has been seen that it was diabetes, diabetes.I also tell you to debut at 33, more or less like you.I tell you this because it is a diabetes that does not usually diagnose but depending on the type if it is achieved it has one treatment or another and it would be interesting if it is your case

Nila's profile photo
Nila
03/31/2023 11:51 p.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3
HG octubre 2021: 5,7; junio 2021: 6,5; 2020: 6,7; 2019: 6,7. 2018: 6,4

By the way, what happened to me is that my body was accustomed to having the sugar above 100 always and before I went down under that to values ​​that are not hiccy and I was fatal and some tremors ... with theInsulin that I get now (also for pregnancy), that feeling has happened to me a lot but I still have some feeling of tremor for example and I am 80, but very little already, before I already say that this feeling was more normal.Sometimes I feel like that too if it goes down very fast

Nila's profile photo
Nila
03/31/2023 11:58 p.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3
HG octubre 2021: 5,7; junio 2021: 6,5; 2020: 6,7; 2019: 6,7. 2018: 6,4

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.