{'en': 'Problems at night, I have continuous hypoglycems', 'es': 'Problemas por las noches, tengo hipoglucémias contínuas'} Image

Problems at night, I have continuous hypoglycems

ogaday's profile photo   08/22/2012 1:51 p.m.

Hello good,

I write because I have long had a problem that I am already getting tired and I don't know how to act, and from which my doctor thinks that I lie to him.

The thing is that I get 6-5-5 from Humalog, and before bedtime that is generally 10 at night 26 of Lantus, the problem that already has me desperate is that I just sleep with at least 350 it gives me hypos to4 in the morning, I get up at 5:30 to work, and on weekends or coña I arrived at 9 in the morning ...

Can you advise me?

It is that my doctor is only the insulin of dinner and lantus and I don't think he is helping me at all.

Greetings,

ogaday's profile photo
ogaday
08/22/2012 1:51 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Welcome to the forum.

What accounts happens to you every night?
If yes, Lantus must be left over ...
If not, then no idea ... I was happening to me when I had Lantus, that I had dances on different days (it didn't matter what I did) as at 4-5 hours of putting it on ...

It is certainly nonsense to have to put on 350 to be able to sleep.
Does it always happen to you with the same food or do not matter? Do you always have dinner?I say it because it seems that you have a fixed doses of Humalog ...

Thus, a pen flop, it seems that you get on Lantus ... How are your values ​​at eating and before dinner?
To see if the lantus is well adjusted you have to look at those 3 things: fasting glycemia (after all night without ingestwith blood glucose after food).

If the lantus were fine or it was not possible to change any of this ... you always have the possibility of going to Levemir, which is something more stable ..

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
08/22/2012 2:15 p.m.

It happens to me every night regardless of what Cene, including on weekends that I put the Lantus later, about 12, 12:30 p.m., at work hours if I go to bed between 300, 350 blood glucose in the morningIt usually is around 150, before eating over 180 and before dinner over 200, if after dinner it is around the same figure, I have to take juice for when I go to bed a couple of hours later do not give me hypoglycemia at night, IThey usually give 3 to 4 in the morning

The fixed doses were made by the doctor, although before dinner I don't respect it much, since if I get well or low, as I put those units then I have to get blind to sugar

ogaday's profile photo
ogaday
08/22/2012 3:10 p.m.

Well, it seems that you are over Lantus ... the lantus serves to maintain the minimum amount of insulin necessary for the body to work, not to lower blood glucose (and much less with downturn)
I understand that you are type 1 right?

The normal thing would be that with those figures your endo lowered the lantus (at least 1 unit, although you probably need 2 or 3)
It would be necessary to see all the glycemia of every day, to try to see a full profile of how glycemia and insulin behave ... there is any other explanation:-/

The only thing that I know is that these high figures are not good ... you will have a glycosylated above 8% sure.
And your endo should do something urgent to lower those figures.

On the other hand, the diet by portions is what we usually use to adjust food and insulin
For many of us this website is the best: Link ... ion/05.htm

DiabetesForo
08/22/2012 4:30 p.m.

To have "normal" sugar measures with a fixed dose of fast it is impossible, we always do not eat the same and the most impotent each food has different hydrates, for example you eat rice and you get 7 fast, however if you eat riceMore bread and a fruit sure that you lack insulin, you have to start weighing and knowing the composition of each food, and according to this sugar put more insulin o- no, I was like you, believe me, after 11 years with theAzucar, 350 - 50 -200, a Noria, until finally ..., well that I perfectly understand the despair that is to have sugar so bad and see that professionals do not give you the solution as you have to give it, ofAnyway I learned it here and the truth is that the thing is better, I hope that I spend the same and soon better with the glycemia.

aurora2's profile photo
aurora2
08/22/2012 5:15 p.m.

Thank you!!At the moment I have downloaded two units the Lantus to see how I assimilate it, today I have risen a little higher because I took a glass of juice before sleeping, I will also be more constant and always put it at the same time, andI'm also going to try to do what you tell me, food is weighed before or after?What do you use to weigh it?

The last glycosilada was at 8.8 and my doctor is only the insulin of the night ...

ogaday's profile photo
ogaday
08/24/2012 10:25 a.m.

I am with the classmates, lowering the Lantus would be the most successful, I would download 4 units because if 350 of a hiccup, if you are as you should, with 22 units I believe until you have plenty ...

;)

Yahoo MMCrawler [Bot]'s profile photo
Yahoo MMCrawler [Bot]
08/25/2012 7:38 p.m.

He will do a week that I have lowered 3 units, except Sunday and Monday that I do not know if the insulin was Chunga, for now the thing has improved something, I go to bed about 180 and I have to have a juice base and somethingBut, but two nights about 4 have given me hypoglycemia, I don't know if to lower another unit watching Sunday and Monday

ogaday's profile photo
ogaday
08/30/2012 4:36 p.m.

Look to see if the hypos have coincided with a change in the injection zone.
Sometimes it happens that we change the puncture area and in the new area a little more effects because it is not as "saturated" as the old area.

I prefer the juices to trace the hypos ... to maintain a more stable glycemia, I prefer the normal maria type cookies or a little bread.
2 cookies are going to upload about 50 glycemia ... With that it should be enough to ensure a quiet night, you can adjust the number of cookies (half cookie ...), I see it easier to adjust than with a juice (especially if you drink it from the Brick directly)

DiabetesForo
08/31/2012 4:06 a.m.

That problem can be solved by putting the lantus in the morning or noon, because during the day you eat, and the hypos can be avoided.
The same thing happened to my daughter and was solved by changing the Lantus schedule.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/08/2012 6:23 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I am 14 years old, I spent knowing that I had diabetes and I had my glucose level in 370 I also hip at the night and bother me, I think what you need is to gradually go down your glucose level so that theChange does not affect you so much for example from 350 to 250 from 250 to 150 and you want you to see that you will be removed by the hiccup:

Mariana Perez's profile photo
Mariana Perez
12/27/2012 2:11 p.m.

Ogada and I spent exactly the same as you, the question is not to put the Lantus at night, I played to change it at different times and in the end I have to put it at 11 in the morning.

lauriki's profile photo
lauriki
08/22/2013 7:42 a.m.

Hemo (8/2016):5% - Dexcom G4 - Novorapid Penfill + Toujeo

Separate the lantus twice, half doses in the morning and the other at night.It does not cover the 24h and of course we put it too much on top and then in the last hours you put through the clouds.The same thing happened to me, and when I put on the lantus twice, everything changed to better.(This does not happen with Tresiba)

macarron_con_diabetes's profile photo
macarron_con_diabetes
07/24/2018 6:30 p.m.

DM1 desde Julio 1992 (con 11 años).
Bomba Medtronic 780G con Novorapid.
HbA1c: 5,9% (Octubre 2022), TIR 91%

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.