Hello!!!I debut as type III diabetics

Joya's profile photo   08/31/2012 2:06 p.m.

Hello, good afternoon!!!!

Thank you for the entry into this forum, where I am sure I can find help, support, information, news and news about this disease.I am recently familiar to a girl with type I diabets for a few days (she is 5 years old).

Right now as is logical we are all in a state of Schok, because he never gave symptoms of anything, he ate everything and led a normal life and activity.They have told us that it has been for a virus and that ..... in short, it is what there is and that the sooner we get used to and the girl because the better for everyone.

I hope to be able to inform me a lot to help, now it is hospitalized and will be there until the sugar is leveled and the meals are learned and to prick and control the insulin.

...... It is hard, very hard, but I suppose that little by little one gets used to ......

Thank you very much again and greeting everyone!

Joya's profile photo
Joya
08/31/2012 2:06 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello

Welcome to the forum

Little by little you will get used to the new situation ... It's hard but not impossible.

We will be here to help you in what we can.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
08/31/2012 2:29 p.m.

Welcome and a lot of encouragement.
Here there are a few parents who surely help you with their experience.
Kisses for the little one.

DiabetesForo
08/31/2012 2:35 p.m.

In my short experience, you have gone to the best possible place to share experiences.

Many spirits for you, and a kiss for the little

Nacho_71's profile photo
Nacho_71
08/31/2012 4:39 p.m.

Thank you very much!

For now, my family is learning (which is not little) and I try to absorb all possible information.

The little one is fine, her sugar goes up and down until she levels and her parents are teaching the controls, punctures and meals.

And now a question for me ...... Naturally I am a downturn and I cry for nothing, I am aware that over time it will normalize, but now I am at work and as I see a child or someone tells me something II cry ....... What can I do?What can I take?tila?

Joya's profile photo
Joya
09/01/2012 4:55 a.m.

Well, being "Depre" is a normal feeling in these cases ... the strange thing would be to be cheerful.

Your relative will lead a life like any other child of his age, so we must not dramatize the situation to un controlled extremes;
You have to worry about taking all possible information and offering parents support, trying to be active leads us to feel better.

It is usually very useful for parents to have someone with total confidence to be able to leave the child calmly for a while.
Disconnecting the child's attention with diabetes may be the most difficult for parents.

Normally whoever usually carries it is the child himself ... They adapt very quickly to new situations;You will see how you will be surprised at the child's adaptation.

DiabetesForo
09/01/2012 5:25 a.m.

In my case I live away from them and I'm going to see them every time I can and work leaves me ..... So now I am a person hanging on a phone, those who are there are spending the worst part, but at leastCome the girl every day and talk to her, play and see her how little by little is so normal ... the one who is far and does not see her feel impotent, useless and it even seems that she does nothing.

Anyway, that until the end of the month I do not see it and that has me dust

Joya's profile photo
Joya
09/01/2012 6:31 a.m.

Jewel, as Owash has told you, you are doing everything right, informing you, learning ... you do it well.

Do not worry about not being next to the girl all day, if you see her every time, and you can take care of her for a few hours so that her parents rest from the diabetes for a while, you will be doing a lot for them and the little one.

It is not easy, and it depends a lot on each person, but in the end, the diabetics won: we control ourselves more, we eat healthier, we exercise, we drink less ... we are from another pasta, we are special, we are self -taught, scientists, doctors, chemicals ... and also ..... very sweet: D

You will see how the girl (even with her difficult times) becomes a woman with many more virtues than any of her generation.

Greetings

Nacho_71's profile photo
Nacho_71
09/02/2012 5:09 a.m.

Thank you Nacho, if I am sure that with your parents and grandparents (you are almost raising with them) it is more than surrounded and attended, for this part there is no problem.

Now I am worried about how they will take it at school .... The other children, the teachers ...... especially the children, who can be very edges ...

Joya's profile photo
Joya
09/02/2012 5:52 a.m.

Welcome, jewel !!!
My daughter debuted with 5 years too, now she is 14, so a little experience we already have.I would recommend that you go through the parents' thread, and expose your concerns, doubts, etc ... to see if we can help you.
All the best!!!

Velia's profile photo
Velia
09/03/2012 6:54 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Thank you very much Velia, reading a lot in this forum is teaching me to learn and see diabetes as an extra to a normal life.

We are going little by little, I go in a few weeks to see them and I am looking forward to the truth .....

Joya's profile photo
Joya
09/03/2012 12:56 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.