New

bar's profile photo   09/05/2012 9:27 a.m.

Good, we are new in diabetes and in the forum.
We are parents of a 10 -year -old girl who debuted in February 2012.
From glycosilada we managed to go from 14 to 7.1 in the first three months and summer has taken us to 7.9 based on heat, errors, rice, ice cream and forgetfulness and something else because we have been going from 14 total units in June to 25 in SeptemberSo we have caught the bull all summer.

From the first moment we decided that we were not going to force him to give up anything he did before and we have taken some scare but I have the need to show him now that he is small and from the beginning that he can do everything he wants, or at leasttry.

That has included trips sleeping away from home with school, with the family without being the parents, synchronized swimming, sports championships and others, we also decided that the first months we were going to live only with the external contact with their doctor and then we would already look forAnother type of advice and experience, but when we considered that we already knew something about the subject, to avoid losing much more than we were and we are.
I comment because now that we have done some people, we are treated for us to sleep away from home ... and I would like to meet other experience in this regard if someone has them and wants to share them.

We are determined to put a bomb and the continuous meter, it is possibly intermittently for the weeks where we prevents travel difficult, school excursions, vacations, diseases or anything we foresee can alter the normal routine much if it exists.

At this time I am made a mess about the pump and meter model to chooseModel, obviously within the models that are marketed in Spain.

Thanks in advance.

And a silly question about which I have answers of reliable people in contradiction, is there any problem to leave the needle put in the ball?

bar's profile photo
bar
09/05/2012 9:27 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Welcome: d
Recommended that you read the pump section and the parents of the forum, and of course you expose all the doubts that there are many people with experience willing to help: D

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/05/2012 9:45 a.m.

From reckless nothing, I have diabetes from the age of 3 and when I left the hospital, the first thing we did was get on the Pyrenees (because my brothers were there with the grandparents) you can do everything (with a head) and it is good that your girl does notHe feels a weird bug for diabetes, that only the disease is already enough to "prohibit" do more things.Hemo to be starting is perfect.And it is normal that in summer without schedules and that goes up a bit ... it will also be ending the honeymoon and sometimes that complicates more than anything else ...

I carry a continuous bomb and meter and it is the best treatment that exists ... As Prado told you in the pump section there is a lot of information.And there are also another parents of diabetic children.

All the best!!!

tica's profile photo
tica
09/05/2012 10:09 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Welcome! I'm sure you will find good advice.

Allow you to recommend visiting LIVIVIR-CONE-DIABETES-PARES-PARE-AMIGOS-DIABETES-TIPO-F20/ <!;)

Greetings,
Fer.

fer's profile photo
fer
09/05/2012 10:24 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Thank you very much for the fast answers.

Last week I became an intensive forum and I walked almost whole before starting.

If I remember well, any of you can help us a lot with sports, for now we have managed to make synchronized swimming at the time of food (!) Since the second week of debuting (with the opposition of the doctor) and has participated in theSpanish Golf Championship, the next challenge is skiing you are Christmas, but that will come and I will ask you for help.

I have read the bombs but there is a lot of entry for a long time and I have nothing clear,
That is why someone has a clear criterion of pump and meter selection or knows some link I would appreciate it.

Greetings

bar's profile photo
bar
09/05/2012 11:12 a.m.

Welcome to the forum

I congratulate you for going ahead, without diverting for a disease such as diabetes.

I start at the end ... you should not leave the needle on the ball;Insulin is protected inside the pen in a "watertight" way, neither enters nor anything comes out, if you leave the needle on the air and there is the possibility of spoiling insulin.When leaving an open duct not only enters air but the temperature of the insulin is modified, if the temperature increases the liquid expands and there is a danger that among greater or lesser amount of the dose we mark.
And much less reuse that same needle that has been put on ... there is more pain in reusing the needles, danger of infection, insulin can be crystallized inside the needle and partially obstruct the needle ...

As for bombs and meters, because you have much to choose from.
Pumps There are 3 brands: Medtronic, Acchuchek Roche and Animas.The last one is the least implantation in Spain.
METERS There are only 2: Dexcom and Medtronic Minilink.

You will know that the pump is 100% financed by the SEC.Social while the meter does not.
Normally it is the hospital that proposes the pump, the patient does not choose it ... although if you are going to be users of continuous sensor, perhaps it should be raised what pump choosing.
At the moment Medtronic are the only ones that have united sensor and pump, so that makes them go ahead ... although the prices and reliability of the Dexcom are to take into account.

A kiss to your girl.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/05/2012 11:42 a.m.

Welcome to the Bar forum !!!!
My daughter debuted with 5 years, now she is 14, so a few years we have been in this mess: D ....
Regarding the needle, totally according to what Owash says.
With respect to how reckless you are, hahaha, because look, that you carry ahead.I recognize that I am more cagá, for it to sleep outside, but it is a more comfort for me.But for all others, my daughter has always done what others, without escape ... yes, at the cost of measuring more and being pending.So of rare nothing, with that aptitude you will get your daughter to be autonomous quickly, which will make you all quieter.
With respect to sport, you have already proven it, it is a matter of finding the formula, but being able to be, in addition to being healthy and necessary.
And the theme Bomba, I will tell you that we use that of Medtronic (Paradigm I see), I do not know another person, we have used it for almost 7 years and we are delighted.You know this is not the panacea, but it is certainly the best treatment I know (I would dare to say that it exists) ... disadvantages that I know of this bomb with respect to others, which is not submersible ... important advantage, thanThe pump itself is the continuous meter receiver of Medtronic, so you save you a device on ... otherwise that I know and in a gross way they are quite similar to each other.
With respect to the meter, use we have used that of Medtronic.Good help, without a doubt, although as everything needs its adaptation, learning, etc., to get a good game ... stop by Owash's magnificent blog
<!
Webdm1
You will see the comparisons, with reliable and current data.

And otherwise, stop by the parents of parents and comment there your doubts and concerns.We will try to help you.

A hug.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
09/06/2012 6:28 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.