{'en': 'I am looking for travel insurance for people with diabetes', 'es': 'Busco seguro de VIAJES para personas con diabetes'} Image

I am looking for travel insurance for people with diabetes

Dulcejul07's profile photo   09/21/2012 8:11 a.m.

Good morning!

After going around at least almost all insurance companies of trips of Spain, I have found only one that covers people with pre -existing conditions (diabetes x example) and who want to go abroad, out ofEU.

I would like to know if someone with diabetes has had an insurance of trip for previously pre -existing conditions.It is a very important issue and apparently very discriminated.

A phrase: a globalized world only for healthy.The rest in Casita.:(

Thank you so much!

A hug,

Dulcejul07's profile photo
Dulcejul07
09/21/2012 8:11 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Axa promoted insurance for people with diabetes .... I don't know if they will have thought about this.

I am not an expert, but I think I remember that the pre -existing conditions had a deadline ... something as if in the 2 months prior to the trip or the 3 months after hiring you have not been treated urgently or modified treatment, diabetes (diabetes (diabetes (diabetes (diabetes (In this case) it was not taken as a pre -existing condition and all medical contingency was ensured, including diabetes.

I imagine that this will change a lot from one company to another and from the type of insurance to hire.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/21/2012 12:12 p.m.

Apart from looking at travel insurance, I am sorry to help you (if it were life, travel, no idea), I recommend that you give a look at this post: Diabetes experiences/tips-to-viajar-con-Diabetes-T27.html

Greetings,
Fer.

fer's profile photo
fer
09/21/2012 12:41 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Hello!I was seeing the post and I stayed since I travel abroad, I have diabetes + high pressure .... in short, a disaster.There are companies that offer travel insurance with coverage for pre -existing.There is a site that specializes in this type of insurance and where it can be quoted, choosing pre -existing or chronic diseases.I leave the site Link
It depends on the country where you live there are companies that have it and others that do not.In Spain for example no but for Latin American countries yes.

ABZ!

Maximum

P.S.I am new, old ... but new here.

maximog's profile photo
maximog
05/17/2014 6:54 p.m.

Hello!

Recently an insurance brokerage in Barcelona has made a travel insurance policy for people with diabetes.

The best thing you can do is contact them directly in infosalutdiabetes@barchilon.net
For more information.

Hoping to have been helpful.

Greetings,
Pillar

Pilar2015's profile photo
Pilar2015
08/03/2015 12:35 p.m.

Forgive, the correct email is infosalutdiabetis@barchilon.net

Pillar

Pilar2015's profile photo
Pilar2015
08/03/2015 1:05 p.m.

Good afternoon!

Yes, they are indeed offering the first insurance policy for people with diabetes.The brokerage is called insurance brokery bugilon.

The link where the information is:
Link

You can visit the web and find more information.

I hope you have helped you!

Greetings!!

RaquelHubs's profile photo
RaquelHubs
08/11/2015 2:22 p.m.

Thank you very much for the information.I was looking for insurance to cover my next trip and I was already trembling, because the previous time is that I found nothing at all that covered me the diabetes.But, someone contracts insurance here, is that I put the name on the Internet and only your website appears and it is page ... and it seems strange to me.Anyone who can tell your experience?

Cdlrios's profile photo
Cdlrios
08/10/2017 12:42 p.m.

In RACC travel insurance, it indicates that it covers pre -existing diseases, I am not sure if the coverage will be what you need but there seems to be a problem with diabetes how in other insurance.

enriquec's profile photo
enriquec
08/12/2017 11:27 p.m.

Hello everyone:
Has anyone hired Fit2trip?It gives you the option to indicate pre -existing conditions.Barchilon looks good, but it seems a bit expensive (although being an annual policy, it is quite good; but I prefer to hire unique travel insurance, which comes out cheaper ...)
Greetings

Anuska's profile photo
Anuska
10/02/2017 12:22 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.