Levemir 12 hours?

toni15's profile photo   09/21/2012 10:03 a.m.

Well I don't know if this is already known or has posted on occasion, I apologize in that case,

Well, that after my last visit to the educator tells me that the real effect is 12 h., That of the 24 h effect that the laboratories say because nothing, therefore I am distributing the dose in two shots.I have a doctor doctor (internal medicine) who confirms it to me.For more inri both are DM1, with what I give the credibility that it deserves to post it in the forum.

Did you know about this, is it true?

Greetings to all

toni15's profile photo
toni15
09/21/2012 10:03 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Extracted from the Levemir prospect:
When used in combination with diabetes tablets or as an added treatment to liraglutida, Levemir should be administered once a day.
When used as part of a bolus-base regime, Levemir should be administered once or twice a day depending on the patient's needs.
The levemir dose should be adjusted individually.

The injection can be administered at any time of the day, but at the same time every day.
In patients who need two doses a day to optimize their blood sugar control, the afternoon dose can be administered in the afternoon or before bedtime.

Link:

Levemir's advantage, in front of Lantus or NPH, is precisely that it can be unfolded in 2 doses.
Before the bomb, I used to let it be and, of course, it is a great advantage to "adjust" the basal, even in 2 punctures.
It worked relatively well 2 punctures because it had enough glycemic differences in different schedule.

Many people use it in a single puncture and have acceptable controls, each person is a world.So generalize has a danger of error.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/21/2012 11:53 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

In my case, 12h does not last the Levemir, a single solution clicking quickly in the afternoon to get to dinner well.

chuniña's profile photo
chuniña
10/25/2012 5:01 a.m.

DIABETICA TIPO 1, debut 1999, varias complicaciones( Neuropatía diabética, Cardiopatía Isquémica....)
Novorapid: 1/4/5 Tresiba 0/0/23
Sensor Freestyle Libre

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.