High after lunch

notmy's profile photo   10/06/2012 11:59 a.m.

Hello.

I generally have my very low levels, but at lunch I need more units of fast than normal to control myself.If two hours after eating I am 120, for example, at the following time I will probably have risen to 150 without explanation ... and increasingly needing more insulin in that meal.

I punctuated 24 units of Lantus, in the morning. at 7:00.Lunch about 15:00.Can the problem be on the schedule?

Thank you.

notmy's profile photo
notmy
10/06/2012 11:59 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

To dinner, how do you get from glycemia?
Perhaps that difference is not significant, if dinner you get well, do not give it greater importance.

To evaluate if you have succeeded with the insulin of the food, you have to see glycemia 3 hours after injecting it (no 3 hours after eating).

If then of those 3 hours is when the blood glucose rises is that you need some more Lantus unit.

If before of those 3 hours is when blood glucose rises, it may be due to 3 things:
- You are missing a fast unit
- Slow metabolizes food and that makes blood glucose rises more slowly
- Comas excess proteins/fats that slow carbohydrates

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
10/06/2012 12:42 p.m.

I stay stable at the level after the rise.I usually play sports before dinner ... so that the dinner arrived perfect or low.

Owash, he understood that to check if it has been successful with insulin, only 2 hours later must be done.Am I wrong, or some endows say so?

notmy's profile photo
notmy
10/06/2012 4:24 p.m.

2 hours means being more restrictive and being able to anticipate a hyper or hypo.
It is good to be measured at 2 hours, when you are not evaluating the insulin of the previous food, let's say that every day it is well measured at 2 hours, so you can correct, if necessary.

But in my opinion, if you want to evaluate the insulin you have put yourself in relation to food and in relation to slow insulin, it is better to do it at 3 hours that is when there is nothing (theoretically) of ultra -granted insulin.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
10/07/2012 4:18 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.