Eating vegetables during pregnancy protects from diabetes

fer's profile photo   11/05/2009 9:13 a.m.

vegetable intake during pregnancy protects the child from suffering from diabetes

Experts from the University of Gothemburg (Sweden) have discovered that daily vegetable intake during pregnancy protects the child from developing type 1 diabetes, as published in 'Pediatric Diabetes'.

Those responsible for the study pointed out that in type 1 diabetes certain cells gradually worsen in the pancreas in insulin production, which leads to a deficiency of this hormone.Children who are at risk of diabetes have antibodies in their blood that attack insulin producing cells.

In the investigation, samples of almost 6,000 five -year -old children were taken, and it was observed that three percent of them had high levels of these antibodies or had completely developed type 1 diabetes at that age.

These risk markers were twice more common in children whose mothers had not eaten just vegetables during pregnancy, unlike those who had consumed them every day.

The nutritionist and member of the research team Hilde Brekke said that "it cannot be said with certainty that the vegetables are those who have this protective effect, but other factors related to their intake, such as the level of education of the mother, notThey seem to clarify this relationship. "

fer's profile photo
fer
11/05/2009 9:13 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Let's see if Alea reminds me of a phrase that she used to say in these experiments (because of studies they have nothing) ...

I would directly prohibit the publication of observational studies ... What is the use of spending a paston in a study if you cannot roundly affirm a cause of an effect?
I must be very old because I understand them in a very simple way: independent variable vs:

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
11/05/2009 1:04 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Well, I don't remember the phrase, Owash (it won't be that of the Linde, I hope):-/

It seems directly a gilipolz (with forgiveness) of study.

Come on, that logic tells me that pregnant women who eat vegetables, will continue to eat and cook it when their children already have age to eat, so that the thing becomes more result of a good food custom than something else.

Little scientific and quite useless study.

Thanks for the news, Fer, because we see that the Swedes also spend the paste on silly and we are not the only ones :))

DiabetesForo
11/05/2009 1:53 p.m.

It was something like who did not have heart attacks ....:-/

DiabetesForo
11/05/2009 2:07 p.m.

Ah, yes, it was something like if they took a group of people and for a year they dressed them with green socks, and after that year they had not had heart attacks, they could deduce that the green socks protect against the infarction :))

(Who says green socks, says cauliflower in vinegar or sardines meals head down) :))

Health

DiabetesForo
11/05/2009 3:01 p.m.

You are like a cowbell, hahahaha ...

Velia's profile photo
Velia
11/05/2009 4:01 p.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

ha ha ha

I loved the study of green socks ... In fact, it can be applied to so many other marketing studies, population, etc ... very good ... ;-p

Greetings,

fer's profile photo
fer
11/06/2009 5:09 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

jijiji yes, very good :))

Ana Poppe's profile photo
Ana Poppe
11/06/2009 8:42 a.m.

Anapp

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.