Hide it or not?

DiabetesForo's profile photo   10/30/2012 1:36 p.m.

Hello! I wanted your opinions if possible.
They would see about 10 years ago I was diagnosed with type one diabetes and I have to inject insulin. My friends tell him and very well but my partners have hidden it.
The pimera lasted a short time and it was not necessary but the second was almost two years together and I do not tell the boy.I would tell him something that I did not do and he implied that he did not care because he was still by my side until he finished and those 22 months that we spent together were like a hoax since he had not had the confidence to say it and thatI felt disappointed. All this has made me think about whether I did badly or not!
I don't have much experience in couples and I don't want me to happen again.
I know that I must say it but it is normal the reaction of the boy? still knowing him I hope he would tell him and was by my side but he felt disappointed because at no time he was contemplated.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
10/30/2012 1:36 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Come on, he told me half a year after leaving the relationship

DiabetesForo
10/30/2012 1:39 p.m.

It is not very normal for you to hide such a thing, don't you think?
Normal that the boy was disappointed, not telling a couple denotes null trust

I find it hard to believe that in 2 years of coexistence, I never saw you click, or measure glycemia, or have a descent ...

DiabetesForo
11/01/2012 2:19 p.m.

No, hide it no, a couple not ...... You would like your partner to hide something like that ?????????for God's .... Think it.
In my opinion it is logical that it is disappointed.
I understand that if you hide something like that, it is because you don't have it accepted.Maybe you should start there, accepting your diabetes.

DiabetesForo
11/02/2012 8:25 a.m.

I've only had two couples, so I don't have much experience either;).With the first one it was a young, I didn't know him at all and I spent a couple of months with him and no, I didn't tell him anything, I don't know if he suspected him at some point or not, but "I didn't find the moment" with the second (And current husband: p) We were friends before leaving, and as friends I have never hidden it, I already knew that diabetes was in the pack, the hard thing in that case was when his family learned, that every day his came hisMother with a new compliance "that he was going to have in the future."The last one who released me (I didn't have been with my boy for a year) was that if the mother is Dábetica the child is always dibetic, I told him that he was false and my boy took such a revote with his mother who already left me alone.I understand that it is complicated and above all at the beginning, and that more than once the boy can run from a relationship but knows that it is something that allows a normal life and above all when it is young

tica's profile photo
tica
11/02/2012 4:47 p.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

I have always said it at home, it seemed good to think and value and know what is going, if for any reason they think they do not want to try perfect, without grudges and bad rolls.
Not to say it seems egoist, because the life of the other person and yours will be joined even not living together, and must be free to make any decision that seems timely, I have to say that none of the boys with whom I haveState have decided not to start for this reason, but they must be free to make that decision because they will also affect them.

MarMourenza's profile photo
MarMourenza
06/10/2016 2:04 p.m.

Well @azu, in this aspect I have been a bit like you, at first I said nothing, for the thing to see how the story was going to advance, then if it is true that I have commented.I do not know, for me it is not easy, it is not like to be aimedNormal, but I don't feel like listening to or answering the typical comments about diabetes.Diabetes only understands who suffers only and exclusively.But if you are going to share or live with someone you feel and you are going to give yourself, if you should say it, although the face of circumstance that you put as if you had said something in Chinese you do not like.To my personally I knew and leave or give time for you to trust it in mind, it seems a detail, even if I knew and then tell you.I hope that today already with some year and maturity, do not expect much and have that ease and confidence to put it, I would not like to know that you would lose opportunities like me for having a repair to say it.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
06/10/2016 2:40 p.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

@tica, if that fear that the boy can run ...For a man, hehehe the times I have suffered and I suffer from that fear of rejection for diabetes.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
06/10/2016 2:44 p.m.

hbA1c= 5,4

The rejection is painful but why do we want someone by our side who does not love the whole package?!First, let's accept it ...

CJDA's profile photo
CJDA
06/10/2016 3:09 p.m.

@AZU I have always told, to everyone, the truth is that I care that they tell me or speak without knowing, it is more if it is someone relatively close and there is time, when that case is given sometimes I take advantage and I tell whatIt is my illness, the reality that entails and also talk about the false myths about it, because I believe that the misinformation that in general is about it is what leads to generate these false myths.
On those who decide not to say it, in my view it does not seem bad, it is very respectable for each one to make their own decisions.However, I believe that fear or lack of trust breaks a lot of couples.We all have secrets and manias, past or present, which are part of our day by day, and now I do not speak of diabetes but in general.
When you decide to have a partner, you decide to unite your life to yours, and what I do not want for me I do not want for others, I would not like to realize that the person in whom I trust does not trust me, I would hurt, me,And I would not like to believe that it is someone different, as you say the sensation after you have lived a lie, and it happened to me, breakups of couple the one that most and the least one we have had.
But maybe and more important than this, I would tell you to think if you would be happy being someone you are not, could you live the rest of your life being someone different?Do it for you, not for your future partner, show how you are and fall in love with who you are, because we are all different and we all look for different things, and perhaps as long as you are not being you, you lose the possibility of meeting the person you would really like to know(I speak both in case of women and men)
Life are two days, so with or without a partner, learn, make mistakes, enjoy it to the fullest, take care and want.

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
06/10/2016 3:36 p.m.

Conviviendo con la diabetes desde 1986
Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

When I was a teenager I did not tell me, I was ashamed, I did not want to be treated in a special way but from a certain age, I even punctured in front of people as is, I don't care if they are known that no, it isSomething that goes with me and that will always go with me, not telling a couple on the other hand seems to me imprudence, if something happens to you with it imagine ...

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
06/10/2016 4:45 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

I didn't say it before, it's more I had any relationship that I didn't say.I was given a small stick with 14 years, a total ignorance of diabetes, they told me at the beginning until I was cancer in the blood, we go and how I am with that disease.
Now I think I carry it on the forehead hahaha.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
06/10/2016 7:24 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Of course @jconegar is that when you are little it is a stick the truth, I remember that my father sometimes punctured me in front of the people and had a fatal fatal ... now I do it with total naturalness and most of the time the people whoIt is around or finds out :))

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
06/12/2016 12:44 a.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

My daughter is now 14 years old, she debuted a year ago, now begins with the stage of boys, new friends .... has always said, and in fact she has never hidden, that this goes with her and that she does not have to hide,That who does not like not to look.I hope I never change your mind, one because I think you are right, and another because imagining a hypo of the strong and that the other person has no idea how to help you ... at least if there is the case of having to haveask for help to know the reason ...

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
06/12/2016 10:30 a.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

There is a phrase that applies to any field of life and that we should apply all to the policies that are "do not do what you would not like to do you to you ..."

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
06/12/2016 11:49 a.m.

Yes and no @sigsauer, I advise the lyrics of a Melendi song "One more student."

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
06/12/2016 11:56 a.m.

hbA1c= 5,4

@Luvi I'm going to look for it on YouTube that I don't know ... :))

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
06/12/2016 11:58 a.m.

Link

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
06/12/2016 4:05 p.m.

hbA1c= 5,4

I think that since we have to live with diabetes for many years, the best thing is that the couple knows it because hiding it at a given time can harm us more than benefit.
There are many people of different kinds who are diabetic and do not affect them in everyday life (politicians, businessmen, scientists, actors, writers, heads of government, etc. etc) who are diabetic and live with it daily with their responsibilities, withtheir partners etc and without problem.

DiabetesForo
06/12/2016 6:58 p.m.

@Rociollinares what luck with your girl !!Do not hide from anyone !!Iago does not like to puncture in front of strangers, and his cole companions do not know all, just the most intimate ...
At first it did not matter but since I enter adolescence there was already a change.And I am one of those who encourage him to happen everything and if people want

Enma's profile photo
Enma
06/13/2016 11:28 a.m.

Diabética tipo 3
Mamá de Iago (14 años)
Lantus 25 uds
Apidra a demanda
Freestyle libre
@enma

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.