Flu A Vaccine and Diabetes

Sun's profile photo   11/17/2009 5:19 a.m.

Hello everyone, my name is Iñigo.They have managed to supply the flu vaccine A. I am diabetic and I have many doubts about putting the vaccine, yes or no.I would like to have people's opinions, saying if they would put it on.I have a mental cocoa in my head, I don't know what to do.Some tell me to put it on, others that do not know what to do.I would thank you for your opinions.Greetings, Iñigo.
Diagnosis: August 1997. Type 1 diabetes. Last Hemo: 7,2

Sun's profile photo
Sun
11/17/2009 5:19 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello Iñigo, welcome to the forum ... in this case I can contribute little, because I am like you, I throw a real mess ... at first I thought that without hesitation, then the shog of the side effects and others entered me and II threw back, and now I'm rethinking it ...
Marcita, a mother of the forum yesterday vaccinated her 4 -year -old daughter, says that everything is good ...
And of efficiency .... that is another.
Greetings.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
11/17/2009 5:46 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Hello Iñigo:

Welcome to Forum, because look exactly the same as you, without knowing what way to take, when things are not clear and the information that there is not clarifies anything, because you have to think .....

All the best,

Cloud

Nube's profile photo
Nube
11/17/2009 5:58 a.m.

Diagnosticada en Agosto del 2009, solicite la curva de glucosa, diabetes melitus II, actualmente tomo Jentadueto, dos al día. Glicosilada 6,4

Hi Iñigo,
As Velia told you, I vaccinated my daughter yesterday.I also had many doubts, but talking to Noe's pediatrician, my ideas were clarified.He told me that it is still a flu vaccine like any other, which are manufactured in summer to use them in the early fall and also has the experience of other countries where they have already been vaccinated a few months ago and no have been detectedType of secondary effect.
As for Noe, except the high glycemia in the afternoon, as with the other vaccine, for the moment no reaction.In addition, I also encouraged myself to put it at the root of the two deaths of girls in Catalonia by flu A and without previous pathologies ...
I hope I have clarified something.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
11/17/2009 6:38 a.m.

My endo told me that while I had controlled diabetes I could choose between putting it on me or not and I have chosen no.Time will say if I succeeded ...

DiabetesForo
11/17/2009 6:57 a.m.

Greetings Iñigo, I am type 2 diabetic and at first you also had my doubts, I consult the endocrine that I go and I recommend that I put it on it, he told me that it is a flu more but of course in our situation you have to have a little more care, he told me to ignore the speaking and the one they told me and the truth then thought about it and I may be right, this morning I have put it, a greeting

josemi's profile photo
josemi
11/17/2009 1:13 p.m.

I will tell you that I am the same as you.I am a mother of a 16 -year -old boy and was totally convinced to put it on;Then I got doubts and especially because my son did not want to put it on him and in the end I have listened to him and he has not put it;I do not know if we have done well or not but I am quite uneasy, I would like to know if someone has put it on and had adverse side effects.

DiabetesForo
11/22/2009 8:35 p.m.

Well, I was almost convinced to put it on, but I have gone to the doctor today and he told me that if his daughter would not put it on and that he does not plan to put on.It does not offer guarantees.
Between that and the background of a "Guillain Barré" in the family, I fear that I do not put it on.

Health

DiabetesForo
11/23/2009 9:51 a.m.

Alea, I don't understand that of "Guillain Barré" can you explain to me?

DiabetesForo
11/23/2009 4:58 p.m.

I have put it, and without any collateral effect, except for the flu feeling on Friday night and Saturday afternoon.

And the swollen and hurt arm ... until today.

Greetings.

Nacho_71's profile photo
Nacho_71
11/24/2009 4:17 a.m.

Chus, the Guillain Barré is a syndrome whose cause is unknown, but it is of autoimmune origin, such as diabetes 1.

It is a syndrome that affects the nervous system, which produces the loss of myelin, which is something like what covers the nerves.

My mother had it and the symptoms were that she stopped walking, of being able to move on itself, lost all strength and coordination, apart from having strong pain.
For months he had a slow recovery.I couldn't do anything, not even eat alone or hold the spoon.
Thank God, he had the acute version and not the chronicle, because that would have left it incapacitated forever.

I am convinced that, being autoimmune and, in addition, having a family history, Celia can have a greater predisposition to suffer from it, so I will not vaccinate it.

I hope I had no more.

Health

DiabetesForo
11/24/2009 1:16 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.