Graphic book

Martina's profile photo   11/04/2012 2:03 p.m.

Do you know any book that interpreted glucose graphics, obtained with continuous measurement, and recommends dose?

Martina's profile photo
Martina
11/04/2012 2:03 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

No, I do not know any book that interprets the graphics .... If perhaps "pumping insulin 5th edition:

Regarding recommending doses, you can use the Bolus recommenders of the pumps or glucometers

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
11/05/2012 1:27 p.m.

Thank you,

I have seen that in Amazon they already sell this edition.

For us, the theme of bowling is easy, I get lost with the night basal, between the 1 i the 2 has the minimum and from there it goes up, I have tried several combinations: more basal, increase the basal 2 hours before (thisIt works, but only a few days), less bolus ...., but there is no way, a few days and again.

I have seen that your hemoglobin has improved with the pump, fantastic.

Martina's profile photo
Martina
11/05/2012 3:51 p.m.

Martina, I bought the book, thanks to Owash that happened to me a link ( Link ... 1884804120 ), I liked the book a lot, it has numerousOrientative tables, in terms of graphics, it is not that it has a muchander help, but I consider it essential, hopefully when the bomb put my son I would have known that it existed.
I can tell you a little as I interpret the graphics, a modification of the basal changes the curve in the next two hours, if you reduce the basal to zero it will begin to rise from half an hour or so.Keep the Bolus into account, modify the curve from 30 minutes and during the next 3 hours, approximately.The nights are very complicated, if you want to do a good basal test for the night, you can give the girl to dintwo or three hours.Thus you take the graphs of those three days, and modify what you need.Ah!That physical activity is similar in the days that the test lasts.Anyway, children are very very variable, sometimes I give up with my son, just one night, the other low, having the same and doing the same.
OT: Owash I owe you a summary/comment of the book, but I have returned to work and I still can't organize: Oops:

mornita's profile photo
mornita
11/30/2012 6:06 p.m.

Obligation you have none, Mornita .... that first there are many other things more important than a comment from a book
As I told you, my website is always open for those collaborations;I think that your experience and comments about the book (and what is not the book) can be useful to spread that book (so weird because it is so specific) for other people.

DiabetesForo
12/01/2012 2:13 a.m.

Hello everyone.

I have been looking for information about the book you are talking about and it seemed to see what is in English, is there no Spanish edition?

JSS's profile photo
JSS
12/01/2012 1:15 p.m.

I would say that none of the 5 editions of the book has been translated, I have not seen it published in Spanish

DiabetesForo
12/02/2012 2:34 a.m.

Thank you all,

I already have the book now I have to read it, because my English is slow.

I already had the fourth edition and one thing is the theory and another practice.I hope this fifth of best result, especially in the interpretation of graphics.

Martina's profile photo
Martina
12/15/2012 4:34 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.