To old age ...

zxa09's profile photo   11/22/2009 5:57 a.m.

Hello everyone,

My name is Miguel Ángel, I am from Madrid, I am 42 years old and two months ago I was diagnosed with type I diabetes.I debuted suddenly with 396 glucose, acidoceosis and with all the symptoms crushing my body (Asthenia, polyuria, polydipsia and an annoying opportunistic candidiasis).I have observed a very strict control in terms of exercise and diet.Last Hemo 7,1 and Metformin Treatment 850 (two daily pills) and slow insulin boli with a daily puncture of 18 units.My goal is to lower hemo to normal levels, if possible, and last the maximum.I am still adapting to this new situation and I am encouraged.I am not obese or fat, I don't have HT and I take very seriously what.Little by little I learn and, what surprised me, was to be type I when I thought it was going to be type II.That is why I am old -age ... I am made a kid with this type I, heh, heh.

Greetings to all.

zxa09's profile photo
zxa09
11/22/2009 5:57 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello Miguel Ángel, welcome to the club :?... My husband also debuted with 39 years, you know, "this" knows ages, and as you are done a kid, hahahaha ... a positive attitude towards this new situation is very important to be able to face it better.Now to learn a lot (a few years later we still learn every day) that will be what allows your life to be something better ...
Greetings

By the way the title of the thread, I love ... typical phrase of my grandmother and my mother ....

Velia's profile photo
Velia
11/22/2009 6:38 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Well, Miguel Ángel, who are young people of all ages.

Welcome to the club

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
11/22/2009 8:22 a.m.

Hi Miguel Ángel!My debut was very similar to yours, but with eight years less (by the way, how horrific is candidiasis !: Evil: Ajjjj).In addition to the slow, they have also put me rapid insulin for before each meal, and that gives me some flexible with the diet.
If you have doubts around here there are people who know what is not in the books, so ask anything.Congratulations on that hem and a lot of encouragement.

DiabetesForo
11/22/2009 1:55 p.m.

Hi Miguel Angel, Welcome !!!!!
I also "debuted" a little late in this type 1 diabetes, with 37 years old and a ketoacidosis that had me in the ICU 3 days.The scare was so great that "I said that it was only diabetes": Mrgreen:.

DiabetesForo
11/22/2009 3:43 p.m.

Hi Miguel Angel, I'm Velia's husband.Indeed with 39 years, yes, for a few months I was type 2 (according to my first useless end), so when they told me that I was type 1 I also felt a kid ... It's like when in an ere of my companyThey decided to throw the most "old" and the most "young", I was at a "doubtful" age, so I just wanted if they were as a young man.

Juan Luis's profile photo
Juan Luis
11/23/2009 4:23 a.m.

Ha, ha, that's fine, Juan Luis.It is that we are some youngsters thanks to insulin.To the first doctor I was, the header, he told me that he was a type 2 too.The endocrine was the one that clarified, explained and explained that it was a type 1. Now, like you, I am made a kid.I see that we are many who consider ourselves more in a good mood than as something tragic.Good!Thus they will help us and help much better.

And to the rest a million thanks for the reception.
Hugs.

zxa09's profile photo
zxa09
11/23/2009 7:03 a.m.

I also join the group.Debut with 37 years almost with 38.

Of course, in the emergency room they had no doubt: type 1 diabetes, and as the doctor told me: in medicine there are few things that are "forever" and one of them is this.

So I also sign up for the kid club: Mrgreen :: Mrgreen:

Nacho_71's profile photo
Nacho_71
12/01/2009 2:46 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.