Fede criticizes the Diabetes Foundation

DiabetesForo's profile photo   12/10/2009 9:37 a.m.

So we don't go anywhere ...: ((((

To frame the situation:

Fede is the Federation of Diabetics Associations of Spain
The Diabetes Foundation is a foundation that is mainly supported by the contributions of the Novonordisk Laboratory.

Link:
Fede press release for:
Defend the interests of people with diabetes and
End the confusion about the representation of this
Collective in Spain

More than 3,500,000 people suffer from diabetes and about 1,000,000 still do not know that they suffer from this pathology in Spain.The Federation of Spanish Diabetics (FEDE) aims to represent the interests of this group and contribute to the improvement of its family, social and labor environment.Our work is hard but, at the same time,
Very rewarding, as we could see with the great reception we had in the multiple public events that we celebrated throughout the national territory on November 14, on the occasion of the celebration of World Diabetes Day.

The Fede is governed by consensus and dialogue with all those institutions related to diabetes.However, “independent” actions starring a private company with a foundation name persist, which only divert attention to what really matters (the patient) and confuse political representatives, public administrations and media on whomIt really represents in Spain the group of people with diabetes.Precisely because of this, from the Fede we
We have been forced to start calling things by name and unmask those who, under the “defenders of people with diabetes”, seek to achieve other objectives camouflaged to favor the image of a pharmaceutical multinational.
Both this private company and its benefactor are doing a skinny favor to the people suffering from diabetes.Its way of acting and proceeding generates confusion between the collective of affected and its environment, and among those that have to make decisions that affect us: public administrations, doctors and health professionals, educators, relatives of patients and, of course, the affected ones themselves.

Every time the associative movement of diabetes performs activities of general interest, we find parallel acts aimed at achieving the prominence that corresponds only to people with diabetes.This action, backed by a well -known pharmaceutical laboratory, has been a constant for too long, as to naively assume that it is only a chance.This private company, which takes refuge after the name of "Foundation", instead of
make parallel acts aimed at achieving their own prominence -at the expense of harming the associative movement represented by the 168 diabetic associations throughout Spain -should be dedicated, if you really want to defend the interests of people with diabetes, to join and support theactivities that from these associations are
They start throughout the year.

From the Fede we call common sense and reiterate our proposal for dialogue on all those initiatives that are launched by institutions, public administrations, companies and any other public and / or private entity.We only put a single conditioning: that they are initiatives that defend the general interest of patients with diabetes, and not only those of a few, as we have been repeatedly witnessed.
Ángel Cabrera Hidalgo
President
Federation of Spanish Diabetics(Fede) _________________________________________________________________________________________________________

My opinion.
The one who is free of sin that throws the first stone ...
As it is almost always a matter of money;Novonordisk should not have given money to Fede and the character of Angel (and those who support him) take his tongue for a walk.
What if Novonordisk had contributed financially to the Federation, it would not have opened his mouth?
Or do we look good with Sanofiaventis?

For the one who has doubts, look at the Foundation's website: And you will check the pile of activities they do and have done;Many of them in collaboration with associations of patients with diabetes.
And here you have the list of companies that collaborate with the Foundation: <!

Anyway, I don't know what I have more if disgusting or shame

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
12/10/2009 9:37 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I totally agree with you Owash as always: Mrgreen :.I went, at the beginning of my diagnosis, to a course taught by the Diabetes Foundation in Madrid and I was hallucinated, because it was very good, because I learned a lot, because of how well organized it was etc ... I visited its page daily and dailyI find everything they organize and the dissemination work they carry out and the complaint of the Fede is very crazy.

DiabetesForo
12/10/2009 10:19 a.m.

Unfortunately, I already had the opportunity to verify the "milk" that Fede gave with its previous president, regarding the matter of Oviedo, in which, far from supporting the investigation, they dedicated themselves to saying the amount of investigations that were parked "toDespite his fight "
In our case, his "fight" consisted of reaching the meeting we organize, listen to researchers with sufficiency faces, look at all with pity and go together to take some reeds.

Regarding the Foundation, I have less data, although Celia has benefited from the scholarships for the camps, which is appreciated.

But I suppose someone will be good for that "divide and win."

Regrettable.

Health

DiabetesForo
12/10/2009 10:22 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.