Type 2 diabetes is curable?

FCB_Eduardo's profile photo   11/07/2012 1:33 p.m.

I have read that there is some operation, but I do not remember and I suppose that here there may be someone better informed on the subject.

FCB_Eduardo's profile photo
FCB_Eduardo
11/07/2012 1:33 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Link ... 05300.html >

Note with the information source.

FCB_Eduardo
11/07/2012 1:50 p.m.

It is "curable" some cases of type 2 diabetes: with less than 10 real years of evolution (eye, not diagnosis), insulin -dependent, high insulin resistance and a body mass index above 35 or 40

Bariatric surgery is a technique that is used many years ago, but it is recently that it has been shown to reduce blood glucose values.
Basically, by drastically reducing weight, the pancreas can normally work again.
Normally the laparoscopy technique is used, which is minimally invasive and with better recovery (they do not open on a channel, to understand us)

Not everything is pink ... the complications of surgery like that range from malnutrition, diarrhea to stenosis and various hemorrhages.

In my opinion, this option is justified in people with great obesity, it is an effective cost technique and above all gives a better quality of life.
In people with type 2 diabetes, without great obesity, I seem to kill gunshot flies, we must exhaust many pharmacological options and lifestyle changes long before surgical intervention.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
11/08/2012 11:09 a.m.

It is "curable" some cases of type 2 diabetes: with less than 10 real years of evolution (eye, not diagnosis), insulin -dependent, high insulin resistance and an indexbody mass above 35 or 40
How do I determine my body mass index?

FCB_Eduardo
11/08/2012 noon

is "curable" some cases of type 2 diabetes: with less than 10 real years of evolution (eye, not ofdiagnosis), insulin -dependent, high insulin resistance and a body mass index above 35 or 40

How do I determine my body mass index?

DiabetesForo
11/08/2012 12:17 p.m.

Thanks for the link, I have 40.12 of body mass, that is to say that it would be within the recommended range to have that gastric bypass surgery, the truth has not been so difficult for me to lose weight, but I feel that this operation could help me in a great way, for all that of modifying the organism and absorbing less calories and feeling less hungry.

FCB_Eduardo
11/08/2012 1:07 p.m.

If I were in your place I would study all the options before doing that surgery.

What surgery gets is that you eat less, the feeling of satiety comes very fast and forces you to change many habits, you many times small amounts.
You need control and monitoring to avoid malnutritions and complications can become very serious.

DiabetesForo
11/08/2012 1:26 p.m.

If I were in your place I would study all the options before doing that surgery.

What surgery gets is that you eat less, the feeling of satiety comes very fast and forces you to change many habits, you many times small amounts.
You need control and monitoring to avoid malnutritions and complications can become very serious.
I am willing to change my life, proof of that is that in a few months I have already lowIndicate, to have a small risk of probable complications.

It is supposed to eliminate it, which pleases me a lot, because if that reduces the risk of losing visibility or amputations with wounds, I think it should undoubtedly improve the thing.

FCB_Eduardo
11/08/2012 2:04 p.m.

Eduardo, obesity causes type 2 diabetes, not in all cases but in many.
If obesity is eliminated, diabetes disappears (I simplify but it is more or less) in those cases.
But there are type 2 diabetes without obesity ...

Type 2 diabetes does not mean safe loss of vision or amputations, in the same way that it does not guarantee dialysis or infarcts.
A bad metabolic control of diabetes is what can precipitate those complications.

In my work I have seen several people with complications of bariatric surgery, and believe me that I would not like to be in their place.
For me, you have to value the points against the points in favor ...

If you decide to go on that path, consult at least a couple of different opinions.
It would not be bad to go through endocrine, digestive and surgeon ... if possible without the 3 knowing that you consult the rest.
Nor would a nutritionist be bad to see exactly how you will feed after the operation ... Normally in hospitals they are usually.
That give you opinions and proposals ... and then with all this you decide.

DiabetesForo
11/10/2012 2:41 a.m.

Eduardo, obesity causes type 2 diabetes, not in all cases but in many.
If obesity is eliminated, diabetes disappears (I simplify but it is more or less) in those cases.
But there are type 2 diabetes without obesity ...

Type 2 diabetes does not mean safe loss of vision or amputations, in the same way that it does not guarantee dialysis or infarcts.
A bad metabolic control of diabetes is what can precipitate those complications.

In my work I have seen several people with complications of bariatric surgery, and believe me that I would not like to be in their place.
For me, you have to value the points against the points in favor ...

If you decide to go on that path, consult at least a couple of different opinions.
It would not be bad to go through endocrine, digestive and surgeon ... if possible without the 3 knowing that you consult the rest.
Nor would a nutritionist be bad to see exactly how you will feed after the operation ... Normally in hospitals they are usually.
That give you opinions and proposals ... and then with all this you decide.
Well, I would have to lose weight for at least a few more kilos to determine if only giving weight, the problem disappears.

I am already with a nutriator and put a diet, the general doctor was the one that diagnoses me and gave me the pass with the nutriator, but it would not be bad to be able to go with an endocrine, and meet 100% as the routine would be after theOperation, as long as I do not prevent me from doing sports I would be willing, because I like to practice contact sports (Karate and Jiu Jitsu) in addition to football and jog at night.

What are the complications what have you looked at in people with that surgery?Since I don't know too much about complications, but I want to inform myself of everything, before deciding to go on that path.

Greetings Owash

FCB_Eduardo
11/10/2012 1:21 p.m.

I have seen 2 serious cases in my work, a stenosis (narrowing) I do not remember what height and a breakage of the gastric band that caused other complications (the girl spent several months in ICU) and almost 1 year in the hospital ...I don't know what happened to her.
And another case I saw, it was a patient had to dilate 6 or 7 times because he held all the liquid food at one point, they put a prosthesis of esophagus but did not work ... I don't know how it ended.

The sport after the operation is recommended, almost mandatory, but they have to spend several months.
I have doubts about whether they would let you do contact sports ... I imagine it depends on the procedure.

DiabetesForo
11/10/2012 3:37 p.m.

I have an interest in gastric bypass, I would not make any other, the gastric band by the way seems to me the most inefficient thing in the world, existing gastric bypass.

I just have to get down to work and investigate well, pros and cons and see if after certain studies it is recommended in my case and of course, the economic factor, which I do not think is at all cheap.

The cases you mention were not gastric bypass, one say was the band, but the other did not look what operation had been carried out before complications.

With the bypass the nutrients and calories of food are no longer absorbed by preventing itvitamins, which does not seem like a problem and being able to continue doing sports, for me it is better than ideal.

Greetings :)

FCB_Eduardo
11/10/2012 5:04 p.m.

I am type 1 diabetics for 25 years. I have always been obese and now a year ago on February 28 that opens me with a gastroileal bypass and I want to tell you what it is the best I have done in my life. I have lost 33 kg.Insulin dose have dropped 50% and my hemoglobin is 6.2.
If you want me to tell you about the operation, I can tell you. Yes, diabetes melitus is incurable even if they operate.

mefixa's profile photo
mefixa
01/23/2013 4:49 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.