Presentation and question

lola's profile photo   12/18/2009 5:05 a.m.

Hello:

I am Lola and I am also diabetics since I was twelve.The truth was that I had never signed up for a diabetic forum, but I liked this and I think it can help me talk to people about diabetes.

And to release myself in the forum here I have my question: I would like to know if someone can inform me how the insulin bomb is regarding social security.Can you get all materials in the ambulatory?In the pharmacy?Is the ACCU-Check Spirit also used in Spain?

Well for now this is all, thank you very much and greetings

lola's profile photo
lola
12/18/2009 5:05 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi Lola, Welcome !!!!

The bomb put it in the hospital, here at least consumables also give them to us in the hospital every 4 months.The bombs they put are those of Medtronic and the ACCU-CHECK SPIRIT.

Greetings

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
12/18/2009 5:10 a.m.

Hi Prado,

Thanks for answering.If you don't care, I'll ask you more questions.I tell you a little.A couple of friends with a diabetic son (he has 12 now and debuted with 9) are going to live in Spain, and they have asked me if I can help you find information, because they do not speak much Spanish.I started with the bomb being already out of Spain so I am not very put on how it works in Spain. So I try to look for information for them.They are going to live near Alicante.Does anyone do any diabetics association near Alicante?Is everything the bomb for social security covered?
The truth is that they are very sought after the child enters adolescence, country change and diabetes.

Thank you so much

lola's profile photo
lola
12/18/2009 7:08 a.m.

Hi Lola, Welcome !!!!
Prado has already put you in the background, but I will tell you that from Alicante is Mani, Nico's mother, a 4 -year -old diabetic boy with a bomb for some time now.She is quite linked, work, but I think reading does usually read us.Let's see what the issue of bombs and associations is.With respect to financing, if you are a social security beneficiary, the financing of all the necessary means to meet the disease is almost 100% and I say almost because health is transferred to the autonomous communities and each one has its own regulations of action... but basically tell you that the diabetic people of our country are treated by an endocrine, who makes patient's quarterly follow -ups (glycosylated hemoglobin control and daily controls), at least and also with the particularities established in each community ....The issue of bombs also depends on the health area that corresponds to it, but in principle the pump is borrowed by the hospital to the patient, being in deposit while using it and the fungibles are fully financed ....
Anyway, tell your friends to enter the forum and become familiar with us.Let's see if your arrival in our land is less "difficult" ...
Greetings.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
12/18/2009 10:14 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Thank you very much for answering.The truth is that they do not speak Spanish, because this forum would be very good.Well, I'm putting a little up to date, I will tell you about the association in Alicante, surely they are good to join.
The truth is that it is a shame when I was asked how the endo -awareness in Spain, because my experience was bad, very bad, but I have already read here that there is everything.
And taking advantage of the situation (forgiveness I am very asking) I keep asking things.Although I always have a reserve material for the bomb (I have a Accuchck Spirit for 5 years, this year I have to change it), in case of emergency, when I go down to Spain I must go directly to the hospital to get what I need from the bomb,or is it possible that they dispense it in outpatients?I have the social security card still in force.

Greetings

lola's profile photo
lola
12/18/2009 12:59 p.m.

Why has my response to Lola disappeared?

DiabetesForo
12/18/2009 2:28 p.m.

Hi Alea:

I don't know, but your answer does not come out ... if it is not discomfort, can you send it again?
Thank you very much for the info.

lola's profile photo
lola
12/19/2009 6:24 a.m.

In the General Hospital of Alicante, Dr. Mingorance works with a lot of experience in insulin bombs in pediatrics (he has diabetes and carries bomb).

In the Valencian Community it is only possible to receive the consumables of the bombs through hospitals.Although laboratories would send it to the patient's home without costs.The general of Alicante;Faith, Peset and the Valencia clinician are hospitals that put insulin bombs.

In addition to Roche and Medtronic bombs there are also some animas (Novalab Laboratory) although in much less proportion than the others.

DiabetesForo
12/19/2009 8:13 a.m.

Brilliant.Thank you so much .I was looking for this type of bureaucratic information.I am from Madrid, so I don't know very well how it works in other autonomous communities.In addition to the bomb I had many doubts.Especially since I found a diabetic friend (we agreed a lot in the endo) and told me that he was leaving, and I told him that he now carried the bomb, and he replied that they did not want to give it to him, that the doctorHe said that was for older people (60+) with type I !!!!I could not believe it, I was the endo who spent a year insisting and I didn't.Now I realize that one of the problems is that stupid endo.That man really made you feel how stupid you had the hem tall.My friend confessed to me that I had stopped going controls.Sad, the truth is very sad.

Well, I'm going to continue translating my diabetic survival guide in Valencia.

Greetings and thank you again

lola's profile photo
lola
12/19/2009 8:48 a.m.

Well, Lola, the fundamental thing they have already answered.

That there are endos that make you feel stupid is not, unfortunately, such a rare case.It's a matter of testing.

Health and welcome.

DiabetesForo
12/19/2009 1:15 p.m.

Hi Lola welcome to the forum.

As Velia told you, I am Nico's mother who debuted with 15 months and has been bomb since she turned 2 years old, now she will fulfill 5. We live in a town near Alicante and we are not corresponding to the Hospital of Alicante, but when she debutedWe had taken him to a private hospital in Alicante and not being able to attend it, for gravity, he was taken by Ambulance to Alicante and he already remained there for Dr. Mingorance.This doctor is wonderful, of course I hope your friends are lucky enough for his son to be attended because they will be in one of the best hands.Here they prescribe the bomb as usual treatment especially for children and consumables give them to you in the hospital as Owash said.

The bad thing is that in almost no other hospital they are putting them because they do not have prepared personnel, so the ideal would be for your friends to try to be treated in Alicante's.Do you know what site they move?

As for the rest of things, insulin and the strips for the controls are recipe the endocrine or the header and with those recipes you go to the pharmacy to buy them, the cost is small.Acetone strips are given to us in the hospital although in other communities it works differently.

Nicolás carries the 2020 animas bomb but surely we now change it for Medtronic's.In this hospital they put the 3 types depending on the characteristics of the patient.

I can't think of what else tell you but if you want to know anything else as a question or send me a private message.

Good luck to your friends and I hope that your stay in these lands will be as pleasant as possible, of course the weather is unbeatable (it is not for propaganda eh! That I am Madrid)

mani05's profile photo
mani05
12/19/2009 4:12 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.