Diabetes and behavior alteration

eVA's profile photo   01/06/2010 7:35 p.m.

Hello everyone, I have been giving the forum, but I don't know just anything about diabetes, so I ask you to apologize if I ask things "out of place" and now you will understand why I say it.My mother is 74 years old and about seven who have diabetes, although I don't know exactly the guy.He has taken some pills for very recently and I know he doesn't use insulin.Lately he has begun to say that he "smells like roasted sugar" everywhere and I fear his own body that gives off this smell.It also suffers sudden changes in humor and accuses me and my husband of wanting to remove the house and other similar things without any foundation.He has always been a very difficult person and I have a psychiatrist friend who says that my mother has always has a paranoid behavior that in recent years is being emphasized a lot.I have begun to relate it to diabetes and that mania that has entered to complain about the smell of toasted sugar.Does someone sound like a similar experience?I don't know what pills he takes because he refuses to show me.I want to talk to his doctor of this matter, but until the visit I am very restless.I also tell you that he recently suffered a fainting while visiting precisely in a hospital, but I don't know what was because I didn't get the report at the hospital.Can you help me?

eVA's profile photo
eVA
01/06/2010 7:35 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello Eva, welcome to the forum !!!!
You have it difficult if your mother does not want to collaborate .... I do not know if a visit to the header telling him the problem you have will use something, more than anything to put you in the background of his treatment .... From my experienceTell you that if it does not put insulin, even if you take pills, it is sure to diabetic type 2. Regarding the alteration of behavior, tell you that my daughter when she has high or low sugar experiences changes in humor, it is more irascible, more sensitive, more sensitive,state that disappears with normoglycemia ...
Good luck and you are telling us.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
01/07/2010 10:36 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

And the smell of burned sugar?She smells like that many days everywhere.Can't it be she who gives off the smell for something metabolic?Above all, I don't want anyone to interpret that I suggest that diabetes is the cause of paranoia.I think that perhaps it is emphasizing the symptoms because I fear that the blood glucose levels do not control well: eat sweets, the pills skip, measurements are barely made ...

eVA's profile photo
eVA
01/07/2010 1:35 p.m.

Eva, if diabetes is poorly controlled and high glucose, ketones can be produced, which do have a sweet smell, it is sUnded to say that the breath smells like fruit .., maybe that is what notice.It would be convenient for glucose controls to be done because ketosis is dangerous.
Greetings

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/07/2010 2:57 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Thank you very much Velia and Regina.I have to talk to your doctor without fail.It is that with its behavior difficulties everything is extremely complicated.

eVA's profile photo
eVA
01/07/2010 4:34 p.m.

Good luck!

Velia's profile photo
Velia
01/08/2010 5:20 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.