Decalogue Diabetes

DiabetesForo's profile photo   12/08/2012 2:56 a.m.

Let's see if you agree:

1- I have the right to judge my own behavior with my DM1, assume what I do well and what I do not do well, accept the consequences of my actions and justify them before who I consider appropriate.

2- Diabetes is mi diabetes, I need the support of mi couple, my my family and my friends, but I suffer from the disease, not you.

3.- I am not diabetic I have diabetes, stop pointing a single part of me, diabetes is not the most important in my life.

4.- My glycemia and my glycosilada are high or low, they are not good or bad.I don't have to feel like a final exam in each glycosilada.

5.- In the visit to the endocrine I want to address more issues in addition to glycemia and glycosylated hemoglobin.

6.- I need to have confidence with my endocrine and my diabetes educator;This relationship has to be bidirectional, I trust them and they trust me.

7.- I am fed up with the people who constantly remind me of the possible complications of the DM1: I know better than you, you do not need to repeat it every time you see me and it is also I who can suffer them.

8.- I know what I can eat, when I can eat it and how to treat me.Do not treat me as a child but you have an idea of ​​nutrition or diabetological education.

9.- If you consider me self-sufficient to control my DM1 I am also self-sufficient to regulate the amount of fungible material that I need for it.

10.- I refuse to read news that talk about alleged priests for the DM1, if you ever discover the final cure I will find out ... everyone will talk about it.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
12/08/2012 2:56 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

You can say higher but not clearer, I subscribe to point by point: D

DiabetesForo
12/08/2012 4:41 a.m.

I say the same, good decalus !!;)

fer's profile photo
fer
12/08/2012 5:55 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Applause!;)

Nana's profile photo
Nana
12/08/2012 7:33 a.m.

Desde los 8 años con mi amiga Diabetes, llevamos de amistad 55 años...pa'lante siempre.

Hemo 5.9 enero 2014 Bombera 3 años.

Si algún día te sientes pequeño, inútil ultrajado y deprimido, recuerda que un día fuiste el espermatozoide mas rápido y victorioso de tu grupo.

Okay in everything!Very good Owash !!: D;)

olmo's profile photo
olmo
12/08/2012 9:27 a.m.

I identify with point 4, the final exam .... hemoglobin, in addition to being the most anticipated news and nerves by the nuves, on top of that, if this bad
They look at you like ..... if you were a delicate or something worse.

aurora2's profile photo
aurora2
12/08/2012 12:07 p.m.

I totally agree, but I would still put another point:
Knowledge does not produce suffering and ignorance does not reassure me ...

When I was little, they did not tell me anything about diabetes and it was worse to find out about "popular wisdom" and now in pregnancy I am fed up to listen to the phrase "Do not get ahead, you don't worry" the last timeThey told me that was when I asked how the glycemia affected breastfeeding ... I don't think it's a very ... "out of place."

tica's profile photo
tica
12/09/2012 4:15 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

I aim for version 2.0;)

DiabetesForo
12/09/2012 11:44 a.m.

Copy and Difundo;)

Beky's profile photo
Beky
12/25/2012 12:23 p.m.

Totally agree.Thank you!

DiabetesForo
01/01/2013 8:07 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.