Premeditated hypoglycemia with alevosia xD

ray-ban's profile photo   12/22/2012 3:34 p.m.

Good to all.
On the occasion of these parties and with all those little transgressions, I wanted to ask you and you have ever done that before a Christmas meal (or not) have planned that the correct amount of insulin is 5U (for example) for what you haveThought to take, and instead of Chutaros 5u you put 3u more units or so to lower glucose more than normal and be able to take a turkit xppp.

ray-ban's profile photo
ray-ban
12/22/2012 3:34 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Man ... I do it with the bomb, it is not to cause a hiccGordas comilonas I put some more insulin for the theme of fats and that ...

tica's profile photo
tica
12/22/2012 4:48 p.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

A nougat is not the most appropriate to overcome a hypo, with the amount of fat that has takes hours to get glycemia.

If you want to sin, you sin conscientiously ... do not cause a hip, it does not make any need to do that.
If you eat at home, you can control the carbohydrates you are going to take.
If you want to eat nougat or polvorones or whatever, do not eat more carbohydrates during dinner (bread, pasta, potatoes ...) and adapt the insulin you wear.
I insist that Christmas desserts usually upload several hours later, so it may be a good idea to put the insulin just after eating.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
12/23/2012 2:18 a.m.

I agree with Tica and Owash, I am putting insulin as I eat when it comes to long foods and loaded with fat and sweet desserts, it is not necessary to cause hypoglycemia, simply count hydrates and correct if necessary.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
12/23/2012 4:41 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.