Breakfast bolus problems

mornita's profile photo   02/15/2010 10:55 a.m.

I wanted to make a query, how do you do it with breakfast?There is no way to avoid my son a peak of 200 longs, which he always has after breakfast.We have tried everything, Dual Bolus, climbing the basal, increasing the Bolus, which in principle works but before two hours it throws it through the soils, and it passes all morning low, juice goes, juice comes.We have also tried different breakfasts, milk with cookies (fatal), milk with fiber cookies (also bad) milk with toast and light jam (worse), with homemade muffins (by clouds), the only thing that does not hit it so much petartadazo areThe churros, I know it is because they have more fat, unhealthy option.Take 3 portions at 7.30 and put four units (15-20 minutes before), a basal from 6.00 to 7.00 from 0.600, 7.00 to 8.00 of 0.400 and from 8 to prevent having a hiccBasal at 0.075 until 11.00 that already directly has a basal 0.00 to 13.00 (at 10.00 lunch 3 rations and the Bolus 1.00 or minor).
Ah!My son carries a continuous glucose meter, and it is the endocrine that has told us that those 200 and peak every day cannot be, he told me to raise the bolus or the basal, or that he would take away food, but how do I goTo send the child to school without practically breakfast, if he does not want to take yogurt for breakfast, if we climb the Bolus at two hours he has a safe hypo, I do not dare to raise the basal for the same reason.
What do you advise me?

mornita's profile photo
mornita
02/15/2010 10:55 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

What glycemia do you usually reach breakfast?

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/15/2010 11:08 a.m.

What time does the beak do after having breakfast?How do you supply the dual?Having that peak of 200 then how does it reach the pre of the food?An option would be to put a greater basal 1/2 hour or 3/4 of an hour before you have that climb and during the time it lasts.And the other is to put a dual of 4.8 or 5 units or something and put the 4 in normal and 0.8-1 for a couple of hours, if you see that then you go down the basal from that time ....Ah, and the endocrine is a list ... that you take away the food ... Oh Godssss and something else, our endocrine says that a post of 200 in a child is not so alarming, although we all already know that if it is lowerMuch better ... and more having the meter.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
02/15/2010 12:25 p.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Alea, always gets up with a normal blood glucose, about 90-100, despite this I put the bolus 15-20 minutes before breakfast, while breakfast always usually whistles, the sensor gives us values ​​over 70 (breakfast about 7.30) Well, at 8.30-8.40 I leave them in school, I always measure it before, because I do! There I find 200 and peak, the sensor gives a little less but then continues to rise.
Velia we no longer use dual bolus, because we juxtaposed with the basal, the bolus, a disaster.If I upload the bolus or the basal, at 10 or before it has a hiccLunch at that time and they go out to the patio, as I am very scraped under the whole morning.From 8.00 we have already put a very low basal 0.075, but at 11.00 until 13.00 it has a basal 00.00.Look how many hours it is thrown practically without insulin, and still at 14.00 a few days pass the 100. In lunch (10.00) 3-4 rations are taken, I put 0.700, if it is low less, and even sometimes nothing, than whatI go with my heart in a fist, you will see at 11.00 it is 300, because no.
There I have the doubt, if I upload the bolus or the basal, it is low to go out to the patio, and all morning.If I do not touch it, it cits that 200 and peak but then it does not have those descents without being tall or after lunch or before eating.The endocrine said that two hundred every day could not be, that he ate less cookies, you see if the poorThe only solution was to change the food, to drink yogurt instead of milk, two cookies instead of four.Total that my child when leaving told me, but mom why can't I eat cookies?I turn to you because you have a lot of experience and wisdom;) hehe!
I summarize your glycemia: before breakfast (7.30): 90-130/ 8.40: 220-240 and more/ lunch (10.00): 140-180/ 12.00: Hicm many days/ Comity (14.00): 80-100.

mornita's profile photo
mornita
02/15/2010 5:40 p.m.

I think you could try not to put the Pimer Bolus as soon as it is, it is less in advance of breakfast.What can happen is that by putting the Bolus 15-20 minutes before, it may be that when you are having almost almost down, and that is why it then has its rebound at 8.30.

I don't know, I can't think of anything else.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/15/2010 7:53 p.m.

I would increase the basal from 7 to 8, even 8.30 (at breakfast time we notice greater resistance and be encouraged that the basal begins to take effect between 1/2 hour and 3/4, when it started eatThat would be preparing the way so that breakfast does not rise so abruptly and without a risk of hypo, as you comment, by putting the bolus as soon) and the breakfast bolus would decrease (enough, at least in everything that has increased othersthe basal) trying that at 2 hours (already finished the maximum effect of the Bolus) the control is of +- 160 (it would be put just before starting to take breakfast.), Maybe you also need to take some more basal of 8 8At 10, you will have to see it.With respect to lunch, I do the following, it is not the best but safer especially for when they are out of our reach ... the basal leaves it higher and takes lunch without putting insulin, taking advantage of the effect left of the remaining of theBolus of breakfast and the increase in basal, remains in 140-150 and for a small child without the supervision of an adult is safer ... but well, first the 1 and then you will see what you need.
Our endocrine bets on higher basal and lower bolus units, thus decreases TB.The risk of abrupt hypoglycemia ...

Greetings

Velia's profile photo
Velia
02/16/2010 4:47 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Thanks for your advice.I'm going to see how we are doing the next few days with the changes, although this child of mine is so ... unpredictable.

mornita's profile photo
mornita
02/16/2010 5:20 p.m.

My mother I have reread my post and there is no God to understand it .... Of course it seems that I was empaná ... see if I can fix it a bit ....
Good luck with changes.You will tell us.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
02/17/2010 4:19 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

What date is this post ???

Andre0440's profile photo
Andre0440
08/07/2017 7:16 a.m.

I don't know what date is this post but just in case ...
The breakfast peak is very difficult to control, I is the only one that I cannot avoid on many occasions and the 190-220 I see it in Free almost always ...
The best: put the insulin more in advance than in the rest of the meals at the right ratio and start eating.The important thing is that at 2h you are well, in normal and stable values.If it goes up quickly at breakfast to avoid that peak the fall of glucose in the third and fourth hour after breakfast it will be of an order and very vertical ... and it will carry a tendency to fall that will last hours andhours...

JPR's profile photo
JPR
08/07/2017 11:54 a.m.

30 años. Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 10
Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
hA1c: 6%
Sensor Enlite

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.