Cateter cable helps

DiabetesForo's profile photo   01/08/2013 11:35 a.m.

Jelou

Today has been the third time, the second in the last 2 weeks.
And I am very weird.

The catheter cable, where insulin circulates from the reservoir to the infusion point, bends me, enroll on itself macarron itself and ends up making a tremendous mess.
I have no idea how it is possible that the cable ends like this: shock:
I do not know if I have explained well ... a knot is not made but the cable is curling over itself.
Unroll it but take the shape and get again, until I stretch it strongly in the opposite direction and take different form.
3 times it has happened to me and lift myself to the tropecies with 300 and peak because the insulin does not happen.

Tonight again.
I have looked at the cable to the transluz and I check that there are sections where there is no insulin and in others yes :?: shock :: evil :: (((
A nonsense

Has anyone else happened to you? Do you think of any cause? Any solution?

I use the lower length cable of Medtronic (60)

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/08/2013 11:35 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I use the same cable, of the same length and it has never happened to me: shock: I can't help you .... Something do you sleep:-/:-/:-/, do you move a lot ???? ....

DiabetesForo
01/08/2013 12:09 p.m.

Owash, with your permission I will tell you that I have laughed a lot, I consider you my tutor;) And when I read you I have imagined the situation: D, I'm sorry, no thanks, it has not happened to me.
The only thing I canA LOT : :))

romevila's profile photo
romevila
01/08/2013 4:12 p.m.

Bomba Accu Check Insight de Roche con Novorapid.
Usuaria de bomba desde 2011 ( lleve la Combo hasta el año pasado).

That is, having "fixed" the pump will not let it turn on itself so that the catheter is rolled on itself, I do not know if I have explained well: Oops :, I think that that way is literally impossible that thatoccur .....

romevila's profile photo
romevila
01/08/2013 4:24 p.m.

Bomba Accu Check Insight de Roche con Novorapid.
Usuaria de bomba desde 2011 ( lleve la Combo hasta el año pasado).

The catheter has ever tangled (in spiral mode) but not to the point that it does not pass insulin, also use the 60 cm.To sleep I hang it in the pajamas bag from the top or if you don't have a bag in the pajamas neck, with the belt clip.
By the way the other day, when I changed the catter I had to open two because with the 1st I gave me "there is no infusion" I put another catheter with the same reserborio and everything ok.I tried to put air with which I had removed and did not come out, I must be stuck. Has it ever happened to you?

samozeus's profile photo
samozeus
01/08/2013 5:12 p.m.

DM1 desde el 81 antes de naranjito.
Con bomba desde 2012
Minimed Veo parading
Minimed 640g desde 06/2015
Minimed 640g desde 19/03/2016 la 2a
Minimed 780g desde el 23/03/2021
Hemoglobina 12/01/2021->6.1
28/07/2021-> 6.4

My girl falls asleep with the pump hooked on the clamp in the pajamas pants and has not happened to her, she is not rolled up.

We have the problems with insertion, many times they are out and it does not warn that there is no infusion, psychologically it is complicated for a girl.I think it is the manual introduction system of the catheter, since with the sensor it does not happen to us.

There is 45 cm catheter.

Martina's profile photo
Martina
01/08/2013 5:29 p.m.

To me the catheter has ever tangled (in spiral mode) but not to the point that it does not happen insulin

Luckily the same thing happened to someone, I already thought I was crazier than normal: Oops :: Mrgreen:

Let's see if I get a long time and invest for American and/or European forums in search of something similar and possible cause and solution ...

DiabetesForo
01/10/2013 12:21 p.m.

I have already discovered because I gave me an infusion error the other a catheter and it was not because it was stuck was because the needle that connects the reerborio with the catheter was shorter, (or was less out than the others) 0.4mm to be exact.that punctured the reservoir rubber but not enough.

samozeus's profile photo
samozeus
01/14/2013 1:54 p.m.

Con bomba desde 2012
Minimed Veo parading
28/07/2021-> 6.4

My nights are a nightmare, I double the catheter and the Dexcom is played as a possessed.
I have spoken with my endo, and this Friday we will see Roche's commercial to wear one more short.I want to sleep one night without playing either of them (the bomb and dexcom)

Solete82's profile photo
Solete82
04/28/2013 5:30 a.m.

Jolín Owash, what things happen to you:-/:-/ :)) :)) :))
It has occurred to us from everything, the cable is split by one end, on the other, that the pump is hanging and starting the catheter or even that Angela asleep dislikes the catheter (this happened 2 times on the holidays last summer.
I guess it will have been a defect of the cables, right?Why hasn't it happened to you?
Martina, there are other catheters Los Silhouette, whose insertion is oblicThe way to insert it is very difficult for him to double or do not insert himself ... we have been using them for a couple of years and we are doing very well.
On the other hand, putting the quick-set without inserter (A hair) is very simple, you just have to have a little cold blood at the beginning ... I have put Juan Luis several and has not heard.There you can also check that it is well inserted.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
04/29/2013 6:34 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

What is the cable to you?the one who unites the reservoir connector with the canula. As you say, I had to be defective because I tried to see how much it endured and that stretches and stretches before breaking, if one day I used one used that had not thrown to tie athing and tube to cut the ends to if they had to be defective.

samozeus's profile photo
samozeus
04/29/2013 4:44 p.m.

Con bomba desde 2012
Minimed Veo parading
28/07/2021-> 6.4

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.