FAIR WITH THE ORANGE

DiabetesForo's profile photo   01/11/2013 12:41 a.m.

Normally, we go every day, in the morning measurement I have the glucose around 95/98.Well, the other day at dinner I took a good orange, very large, cool ....... the next morning my measurement!!!!!!!!!!157!!!!!!!.Incredible.At noon, before food, medication 89, dinner 85, first of the next day 97 ...... And so again .... I couldn't imagine that I could climb me so much by an orange, that yes, it should beabove 300 grams.
From now on we will take tangerines that are smaller.
Greetings to all

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/11/2013 12:41 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello

When as an orange, I put two units of fast insulin, as with apple, pear ... the mandarin, a unit.

janireerauskin's profile photo
janireerauskin
01/11/2013 7:10 a.m.

Hello,
And at night exactly you had dinner?
Only orange?
Do you take medication?

Jorgelui's profile photo
Jorgelui
01/12/2013 6:06 a.m.

Let's see, in fruits, there are basically 3 groups:

100 grams of these fruits increase about 100 mg/dl of blood glucose: bananas, cherries, grapes, figs and Ñísperos

200 grams of these fruits increase about 100 mg/dl of glycemia: apples, peaches, oranges, tangerines, pineapples, pears, apricot

300 grams of these fruits increase about 100mg/dl of blood glucose: melon, watermelon, strawberries

That is, 2 things must be taken into account: the amount of food and what we are taking ... All fruits upload the blood glucose, some more and others less.From some we can eat more than others for the same elevation of blood glucose.

As Jorgelui says, we also have to take into account the rest of the food, but we eat any more carbohydrate (bread, pasta, rice or legumes) we can always eat a little more fruit or vice versa, but we eat fruit we can eat aLittle more than other hydrates.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/12/2013 6:17 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.